Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you run away from problems, hide away, remove yourself from the world and that works does it? We are part of Europe, we need to contribute to sort it out. We spent centuries fighting each other but in the modern world we are all in it together. To isolate ourselves in the modern climate is the most backward thinking bullshit I have ever come across

They certainly do want us to contribute. That's why they let us in!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That must be a trick question?

Anticipating a rapid fall in Sterling, buy Gold, buy USD, buy EUR.

So to hedge against sterling falling , the Bank of England should've bought the two currencies its traded against most, usd and euro, really ? Are you serious ? You do realise that to buy those dollars and euros we'd have to sell sterling ? Thus exacerbating the very thing you're trying to hedge against ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sorry - I didn't notice the other one was ploughing ahead too. I'll merge them.

Erm, couldn't we have a poll on whether you do that or not?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This has started off very badly... How can these ****ing simpletons vote leave ... Sterling dropping already and we've only had 5 declared .

I'm moving abroad ... This countries ****ed if we leave ...

Meant to be up at 6 am for a 60 mile work bike ride ... And I don't cycle :mad:

Somewhere around 50% of those that voted are 'simpletons'.

You'd have to be a bit of a 'simpleton' to come out with a line like that.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
So to hedge against sterling falling , the Bank of England should've bought the two currencies its traded against most, usd and euro, really ? Are you serious ? You do realise that to buy those dollars and euros we'd have to sell sterling ? Thus exacerbating the very thing you're trying to hedge against ?

So you wouldn't have hedged at all?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
JV doing his stuff.

Swindon balances things back up a bit.

No, anyone voting leave is VERY short sighted
I think everyone has had enough of it all.
Little cash in their pockets, heavily in debt, demoralised. In the great British tradition of giving the suits a damn good shoeing. And **** the consequences.

The don't give a shit revolution.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So you run away from problems, hide away, remove yourself from the world and that works does it? We are part of Europe, we need to contribute to sort it out. We spent centuries fighting each other but in the modern world we are all in it together. To isolate ourselves in the modern climate is the most backward thinking bullshit I have ever come across

You clearly havnt been listening to the debate over the months.
no one has said run away.
The brexit side have constantly said work with Europe but not in the EU,be a part of Europe but not controlled by Europe.

This is not isolation,this is not removing ourselves from the world.
The ONLY remainer on here who thinks this is you.

even the other sensible remainers dont believe this,they believe we will be worse off.but not isolationists or removing ourselves from the world.

are you gregbrighton?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nick Robinson explaining the obvious.

The Leave vote is predominantly an unsophisticated and ill informed kicking out at the establishment.

I feel sick at the prospect of my country being so shamefully positioned internationally as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here