[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
I accept its just a little quip from you however its an intriguing trait that you and others primarily from the left can be so scathing and prejudice against anyone British especially white British whilst failing to ever acknowledge or ever even consider anything remotely negative of other nationalities or races, I think its lost on you but its quite an ugly position to take.

Oh yes, the lefties are probably the biggest hypocrites around .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think brexit may give us an opportunity I hadn't thought of before! Maybe we can keep the migrants but get rid of some of our British scumbags and low lifes? What do you think?

I'm pretty certain the Spanish will want to repatriat the leather skinned, gold sovereign wearing Mike Read and Barbara Windsor types from the costas though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm pretty certain the Spanish will want to repatriat the leather skinned, gold sovereign wearing Mike Read and Barbara Windsor types from the costas though.
Really? I understood that ex-pats spend rather a lot of money in Spain. Of course, I'm sure that being in the Euro, their economy will be rock solid and income streams can be casually discarded...........

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Why would they want to send the germans home?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
All joking aside I don't think anyone is going to be repatriated from anywhere. Any implications for immigration will be future migrants. I also think a deal with the EU could be done fairly easily because one issue not widely discussed is that Brexit actually suits the European federalists very nicely. Remain campaigned on a platform of EU reform and a rolling back of integration. It can be argued that this is out of step with the wishes of the EU and now they can go ahead with integrating their banking and fiscal systems as this is required to make a success of the Euro. Suits both sides.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Another prime example of lending a casual negative stereotype of white British citizens, something HT would never think of offering to other nationalities or ethnicity's, they cannot help themselves, they just cannot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another prime example of lending a casual negative stereotype of white British citizens, something HT would never think of offering to other nationalities or ethnicity's, they cannot help themselves, they just cannot.

Oh FFS. Have you had a humour bypass?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think brexit may give us an opportunity I hadn't thought of before! Maybe we can keep the migrants but get rid of some of our British scumbags and low lifes? What do you think?

I think you should go back to playing with your toy planes :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I understood that ex-pats spend rather a lot of money in Spain. Of course, I'm sure that being in the Euro, their economy will be rock solid and income streams can be casually discarded...........

I wonder if the money spent on full English breakfasts, roast dinners, pints of Stella and paella and chips out weighs the health care of the elderly Brits?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if the money spent on full English breakfasts, roast dinners, pints of Stella and paella and chips out weighs the health care of the elderly Brits?

I seriously doubt that many of them are having their health care funded by the good citizens of Spain. Those who have moved to Spain in the last couple of years also have further reduced rights to healthcare. Many will be disqualified on grounds of income. They can of course buy into the state scheme.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Win win for Spain, they take the pensioners money and leave us the UK to pick up any cost of any association elevated health risk, if indeed those pensioners diet and lifestyle is a detrimental to their health as you think so.

http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-scandal-as-uk-pays-millions-to-eu-10189381

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant find it now but saw a headline other the weekend that the EU may have to may payments to cover trade deals that aren't so lucrative, once the EU shrinks post Brexit. amusing but reminds us leaving the EU isnt just about us and they will have many incentives to work on a decent agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports