Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Really, I'm going to let rip a little. Are you absolutely stupid or are you on some sort of wind-up? Mine was a gentle post, respectful of someone who disagreed with me. Nowhere did I say that everyone who voted leave was a lunatic. You just invented that. People voted leave for various reasons and I listed some of the people Leave voters support. However. Some people are calling for a very hard line and others think that they are crazy. I happen to agree with that view - your claim that I am screaming that 17m people are lunatics is absurd.

17 million lunatics?Have the Remainers been inflating their share of the vote again? :lolol::lolol::lolol::laugh:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Interesting statement from May today. There will initially be a bill which will enshrine all EU law into UK law which in turn will allow the UK to keep or scrap each law. There are hundreds of laws and this will take years, if not decades, to get through parliament. Baffling.

1000 years we took to get here....many laws in that time 950 years of those the laws were set by England and the UK..and so it will be again

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Oh, I was hoping to be served by that chap in the gossamer frock but never mind. Perhaps you can help. I really would like something from a British company. Four doors please. Let's forget a price limit. What do you recommend?

Plenty out there, IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH.

Trouble with you Tobies is that you cant be botehred and take the easy option

Its the same with women

Regards

DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Only idiots laught at their feeble jokes.

only idiots.....? come on you must have raised an eyebrow,come on i can see your going to crack a smile shortly.

Edit: did not see the word "their" whoops.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was remain....and I shall remain in Germany.

I hope you do.... that is you choice and all those EU citizens here (recent ones) within a time scale should be allowed to stay in the UK.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This is just a polite suggestion but perhaps it would be better to just focus on the debate. When people on all sides start point scoring then the thread loses focus.

It would be better if people didn't misinterpret other people's posts but if they do (usually because they think it's funny I suspect) it is reasonable for this to be pointed out. If nothing else, doing so illustrates the paucity of their arguments - surely a reasonable debating position.

On another issue, I agree with you (and ManofSussex, and JCFootyGenius) that May's proposals for dealing with EU legislation seem sensible. Keep as much legislation as we can intact and expose the government's plans for the rest to parliament.

D

Deleted member 22389

I see Hungary is going to the polls tonight to vote on whether to accept Migrant quotas imposed by the EU. Schulz has said Hungary is playing a dangerous game? A dangerous game? from where I am sitting the only dangerous game that has been played is by your own country opening it's borders without any proper plans. To impose this sort of thing against the will of the people is completely and utterly wrong, it's why Hungarians are now going to the polls, they have had enough of the EU meddling in their affairs. Once again it is further proof that the EU doesn't change. I'm glad we voted Leave. We did the right thing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm not itching for Brexit to fail at all and anyway I doubt it will come down to anything as simple or measurable as fail or succeed. I am concerned that a meaner spirit is prevailing and I worry that my children and grandchildren will have smaller lives but I understand that you disagree entirely. After all, the vision of Britain put forward by those El Presidente just listed, by Arron Banks and Nigel Farage, by Paul Dacre and others appeals greatly to many people, as we have just found out.

It isn't possible for everyone to 'pull together' until the direction we're going in is established. The hard-Brexiters are arguing for a particular way forward and have essentially said that they will scream and scream and scream until they get it. People who happen to feel they are lunatics will need to say so. I hope the do.

I think the direction we are going in is out. I would prefer the middle ground between soft/hard but that will be something determined by the government which probably will now be geared given the time to leave towards the next election

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We have a democratically elected tory government, are we all conservatives now? ???

As you know, not me.
Here is an interesting piece written by a gay secretary of UKIP Greater Manchester, might open a few eyes, might not, probably won't be read either.

" I have met every chairman of every branch in Greater Manchester. I have met members from Scotland down to London. I have never once met a single homophobic person. Not one. I am very popular and attend a lot of meetings of UKIP branches and meetings with chairmen of branches. I had the full support of everyone when I said I was going to put my name forward for the Greater Manchester Mayor race (I subsequently had to retract due to ill health).
I have no doubts that there are homophobic people in UKIP. But there are in the Labour Party[10]. You see, homophobia happens everywhere. It has happened in the Conservative Party[11], it has happened in the SNP[12] and it has also happened in the Lib Dems[13].

My final point is the racism and Islamophobic claims.

UKIP more than any other party is portrayed as being racist and Islamophobic. Many, many people refuse to back UKIP because of this. Many more privately support UKIP but would or could not publicly say this because the far left delight in violence against UKIP supporters. Violence always comes out when they cannot beat the policies and the violence always comes from the far left.
Why do I think that UKIP is absolutely not racist or Islamophobic? I can tell you, it is absolutely bull. I am the secretary of UKIP Manchester. On our executive committee there is a gay man (me), a mixed race man (our Treasurer[16]), a woman (our membership secretary who is also the Chair of UKIP YI North West[17]) and a white straight man (our Chairman[18]). Of our two members of the London Assembly there is one gay, white male (Peter Whittle who was also the Mayoral candidate for UKIP in the 2016 London mayor contest) and one mixed race man (David Kurten).

We recently had a leadership contest. In the final line up there were three women and two men running. The previously most popular candidate was a mixed race man (Steven Woolfe). In most polls I saw, Steven Woolfe had over 70% of the vote. He was not in the final line up. In the final contest 83% of the membership that voted, voted for one of the female candidates. A female was elected. in labour, no woman has EVER placed higher than a man in a leadership contest. Ever.

In the May 2015 General Election we had many gay, black, mixed race and Muslim people standing. In the Greater Manchester Mayoral contest one of the leading candidates to be the UKIP candidate is a Jew (Shneur Odze). I can tell you, he is very, very popular in the North West.

So you see, I do not need anything else to inform me about this. I see in almost everything I do with UKIP that is blind to colour, to sexuality, to gender and to faith. We all get along.

http://kippercentral.com/2016/10/02/media-lies-homophobia-racism-ukip/

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As you know, not me.
Here is an interesting piece written by a gay secretary of UKIP Greater Manchester, might open a few eyes, might not, probably won't be read either.

" I have met every chairman of every branch in Greater Manchester. I have met members from Scotland down to London. I have never once met a single homophobic person. Not one. I am very popular and attend a lot of meetings of UKIP branches and meetings with chairmen of branches. I had the full support of everyone when I said I was going to put my name forward for the Greater Manchester Mayor race (I subsequently had to retract due to ill health).
I have no doubts that there are homophobic people in UKIP. But there are in the Labour Party[10]. You see, homophobia happens everywhere. It has happened in the Conservative Party[11], it has happened in the SNP[12] and it has also happened in the Lib Dems[13].

My final point is the racism and Islamophobic claims.

UKIP more than any other party is portrayed as being racist and Islamophobic. Many, many people refuse to back UKIP because of this. Many more privately support UKIP but would or could not publicly say this because the far left delight in violence against UKIP supporters. Violence always comes out when they cannot beat the policies and the violence always comes from the far left.
Why do I think that UKIP is absolutely not racist or Islamophobic? I can tell you, it is absolutely bull. I am the secretary of UKIP Manchester. On our executive committee there is a gay man (me), a mixed race man (our Treasurer[16]), a woman (our membership secretary who is also the Chair of UKIP YI North West[17]) and a white straight man (our Chairman[18]). Of our two members of the London Assembly there is one gay, white male (Peter Whittle who was also the Mayoral candidate for UKIP in the 2016 London mayor contest) and one mixed race man (David Kurten).

We recently had a leadership contest. In the final line up there were three women and two men running. The previously most popular candidate was a mixed race man (Steven Woolfe). In most polls I saw, Steven Woolfe had over 70% of the vote. He was not in the final line up. In the final contest 83% of the membership that voted, voted for one of the female candidates. A female was elected. in labour, no woman has EVER placed higher than a man in a leadership contest. Ever.

In the May 2015 General Election we had many gay, black, mixed race and Muslim people standing. In the Greater Manchester Mayoral contest one of the leading candidates to be the UKIP candidate is a Jew (Shneur Odze). I can tell you, he is very, very popular in the North West.

So you see, I do not need anything else to inform me about this. I see in almost everything I do with UKIP that is blind to colour, to sexuality, to gender and to faith. We all get along.

http://kippercentral.com/2016/10/02/media-lies-homophobia-racism-ukip/

And for balance,

https://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/is-ukip-a-racist-party-these-15-comments-would-suggest-so/

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

what a bizarre website

clicking on their immigration section they have an article about how life chances for girls vary across different regions in England and Wales, an article about how many olmypic athletes went to comprehensive schools v fee paying schools and an article about Jackie Walker and her comments surrounding Holocaust Memorial Day.

What on earth do these subjects have to do with immigration?
Perhaps they should rename it twoleftfeet.com

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I think brexit may give us an opportunity I hadn't thought of before! Maybe we can keep the migrants but get rid of some of our British scumbags and low lifes? What do you think?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think brexit may give us an opportunity I hadn't thought of before! Maybe we can keep the migrants but get rid of some of our British scumbags and low lifes? What do you think?

I accept its just a little quip from you however its an intriguing trait that you and others primarily from the left can be so scathing and prejudice against anyone British especially white British whilst failing to ever acknowledge or ever even consider anything remotely negative of other nationalities or races, I think its lost on you but its quite an ugly position to take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here