Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They don't. Just ONCE would do.

Ah, but you're simply reverting to doing what you always do - petty squabbling rather than debating your position. "Man up"? What you really mean is "you lost so don't challenge me because I can't cope with it"

Fair enough. If you care to look back long before the referendum took place i gave my reasons for wanting to leave. The debate went to and fro and both sides gave their reasons, it was all fairly amicable mainly because the Remain campaigners thought it would win the vote.... so shocked when that did not happen.
This thread has proved since then that the Remainers are very bitter, and have got really upset which has definitely made the debate more hostile.
I daresay whatever i say, you will still favour Remain, whilst i would still vote Leave knowing what i know now. And so we go around in circles, and this will continue until everything is done and dusted.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This thread has proved since then that the Remainers are very bitter, and have got really upset which has definitely made the debate more hostile.

Really? Says a man would regularly posts inaccurate information and refuses to answer direct questions, and basically just says we won get over it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A question for you. Would the Outers have mutely accepted the vote if it had gone against them? Farage and the Tory right made it clear they wouldn't. No one is whimpering, no one is whining but some people are posting inaccurate, patronising, derivative and near illiterate tosh.
I believe you are right in your assumption. From a personal point of view, I would have accepted the result with great disappointment and hoped that the whole edifice came crashing down another way. I noticed a lot of people couldn't accept the Tory victory in the last election and continued to complain for a long time on here, Facebook, twitter etc. I honestly believe our country can be a great independent country, but I also know we can mess it up and Brexit could be a disaster. I can't see how becoming so bitter and complaining and straw clutching can help anyone move on. It's happened, it's reality, whatever that reality is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Really? Says a man would regularly posts inaccurate information and refuses to answer direct questions, and basically just says we won get over it.

Again fair enough your opinion, or is it just that i do not give you the answers that you want.......and where is the "hostile" in your accusations, none of your above examples in your accusations, or the "bitter" part.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I honestly believe our country can be a great independent country, but I also know we can mess it up and Brexit could be a disaster. I can't see how becoming so bitter and complaining and straw clutching can help anyone move on. It's happened, it's reality, whatever that reality is.

I voted 'remain' but your 3 sentences above sum up my feelings on Brexit now entirely.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Again fair enough your opinion, or is it just that i do not give you the answers that you want.......and where is the "hostile" in your accusations, none of your above examples in your accusations, or the "bitter" part.

Its not an opinion its fact. Who else other than your good self gives an annual figure for expelling migrants as a monthly figure.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Its not an opinion its fact. Who else other than your good self gives an annual figure for expelling migrants as a monthly figure.

Nice one, rather than tackle where the "bitter" and "hostile" are in the reasons you gave about me, you pick on a mistake i made. Let me tell you, i shall mistype wrong facts, i might even get things completely wrong, possibly like a few others. So if i gave the "annual" figures as a "monthly figure then it is a FACT that i got it wrong, my bad.

Now you accusations to my Remainers being "bitter and "hostile" where you replied quote:
Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
"Really? Says a man would regularly posts inaccurate information and refuses to answer direct questions, and basically just says we won get over it."

Where is the bitter and hostile among your "facts"

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't know how many times you need it explained to you. Do you know what wealth disparity is?

Simply put: It's when a country or region has enough money for everyone to live decently but it is distributed unevenly so some live very well and some live very shabbily with few prospects in life.

The EU, can be seen a s a whole. A union. Europe.

Some places in Europe earn a lot of money, eg The UK. Some countries or regions do not earn a lot of money. The countries that earn a lot of money pay more and that money is redistributed to the poorer areas.

This is what the EU does. People think it does a bad job of this. It does a very good job of this.

I do not believe our government will do a good job of this.

It's not mythical in my eyes, it is far from perfect and many areas need reform. If the roof on my house leaks, I don't move house. I fix it.

Last time i'm explaining my position.

Surely if the Government had the power to distribute its own money it would do a much better job than the EU ever could within this country. They would still have the oversea aid budget which helps the world as a whole and not some quango in Brussels

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In a word - yes.

Well hopefully it will be the right decision, who knows......... unlike many Remainers who have called the supporters of the Brexit thick, morons etc etc, i have had a pop at opinions, but not at the decision of those that wanted to Remain.......as far as i am concerned they decided that being part of the EU was what they wanted, me i did not.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Surely if the Government had the power to distribute its own money it would do a much better job than the EU ever could within this country. They would still have the oversea aid budget which helps the world as a whole and not some quango in Brussels

But this comes down to an interesting point raised a few days ago, the unelected new flavour of the Conservative party that now have the mandate are probably not the kind of people who will care about things like that.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
But this comes down to an interesting point raised a few days ago, the unelected new flavour of the Conservative party that now have the mandate are probably not the kind of people who will care about things like that.

Maybe a cross party type of thing under a Brexit umbrella would suffice . This should involve both in and out MP's

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm one of the leavers who had no problems with EU immigration and would be happy to the free movement of EU citizens to continue as before. My problem was with the EU corporate structure, its accounting processes and industrial/agricultural policy.

I'm remain convinced that what we'll end up with is broadly similar immigration and single market access policies - but there'll be a great deal of huffing and puffing along the way. I know that quite a few leavers on this thread would be pretty unhappy with that, however.
My worry is that whatever we end up with still won't satisfy large portions of the brexit vote and that the relationship with europe will continue to be a contentious issue.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My worry is that whatever we end up with still won't satisfy large portions of the brexit vote and that the relationship with europe will continue to be a contentious issue.

Do you think this could be an issue that we might not need to worry about if the EU starts to crumble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here