Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
"Reality was always going to prove them wrong..." I am surprised that any rational person can be so certain what the economic outcome of Brexit will be before the country has even formally signalled its intention to leave. And just for the record, my single greatest reason for wishing that my country could remain a nation of the European Union has nothing whatsoever to do with my wallet. I do not expect you to understand this, or even to be vaguely interested.

Project fear and 'expert' opinion made many predictions about the short term effects of a Brexit vote which obviously includes the time before we actually officially leave, most rational, well informed people knew this to be at least a minimum two year period. These included a likely recession, immediate emergency tax raising budget amongst others.

Well done for having a different if equally deluded reason though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The recent numerous positive economic indicators already showing a return to near normality after the vote have sent the project fear proponents scurrying for cover.

Reality was always going to prove them wrong and put the final nail in the coffin of the economists/experts prediction credibility. Lesson learned for the gullible who only think with their wallets ... hopefully.

I see the pink Frank Spencer impersonator almost lost his/her beret today . On the plus side a tremendous charity fundraiser on the other a palace supporting Europhile, still firmly in the negative on the balance sheet of life.

Sit, wait, and hope. It hasn't even started yet, and at this rate I might get out of the country (and currency) before the real damage is done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Reality was always going to prove them wrong..." I am surprised that any rational person can be so certain what the economic outcome of Brexit will be before the country has even formally signalled its intention to leave. And just for the record, my single greatest reason for wishing that my country could remain a nation of the European Union has nothing whatsoever to do with my wallet. I do not expect you to understand this, or even to be vaguely interested.

you're right of course, but there were many commentors on here and across the country, crowing over the same indicators measures showing signalling economic collapse in the weeks immediately after the Brexit vote.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sit, wait, and hope. It hasn't even started yet, and at this rate I might get out of the country (and currency) before the real damage is done.

Oh come on. From your posts I expect we would agree on most political matters. One of the major supposedly negative factors of a Brexit vote was the economic damage caused by uncertainty which by all recent real world data suggested is much less than predicted. Leave by all means but let's not pretend this has anything to do with Brexit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
you're right of course, but there were many commentors on here and across the country, crowing over the same indicators measures showing signalling economic collapse in the weeks immediately after the Brexit vote.

No not right in any way shape or form despite attempts to reform/misrepresent the question.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The recent numerous positive economic indicators already showing a return to near normality after the vote have sent the project fear proponents scurrying for cover.

Reality was always going to prove them wrong and put the final nail in the coffin of the economists/experts prediction credibility. Lesson learned for the gullible who only think with their wallets ... hopefully.

I see the pink Frank Spencer impersonator almost lost his/her beret today . On the plus side a tremendous charity fundraiser on the other a palace supporting Europhile, still firmly in the negative on the balance sheet of life.

ypu are looking too short term. For a longer term view look at the behaviour of companes . Business credit has dramatically slowed, BoE survey on business investment indicates investment is being reined in, in the City businesses are chosing btw the UK and EU alternatives, businesses are trying to defer long term desisions etc. We will be poorer, it is to what exten. Hopefully not too much but who knows

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
ypu are looking too short term. For a longer term view look at the behaviour of companes . Business credit has dramatically slowed, BoE survey on business investment indicates investment is being reined in, in the City businesses are chosing btw the UK and EU alternatives, businesses are trying to defer long term desisions etc. We will be poorer, it is to what exten. Hopefully not too much but who knows

Au contraire, according to the behaviour of companies = business as usual ... positive.

Output recovered at one of the fastest paces on record.
New orders enjoyed one of the strongest month-to-month rebounds.
Manufacturing production grew at the fastest pace in seven months.
Companies reported solid inflows of new work from domestic and export customers.
New export business grew at the fastest pace for 26 months.
Input price inflation hit a five-year high.
Output prices also rose at the fastest pace for five years.
And employment rose for the first time this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...exit-shock-eu-referendum-manufacturing-sector

If a source as pro EU/ anti Brexit as the Guardian can acknowledge the truth why can't you?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Au contraire, according to the behaviour of companies = business as usual ... positive.

Output recovered at one of the fastest paces on record.
New orders enjoyed one of the strongest month-to-month rebounds.
Manufacturing production grew at the fastest pace in seven months.
Companies reported solid inflows of new work from domestic and export customers.
New export business grew at the fastest pace for 26 months.
Input price inflation hit a five-year high.
Output prices also rose at the fastest pace for five years.
And employment rose for the first time this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...exit-shock-eu-referendum-manufacturing-sector

If a source as pro EU/ anti Brexit as the Guardian can acknowledge the truth why can't you?

Much of that is the impact of the low value of sterling which itself is in part an indicator of the sum of the views on our future prospects

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Much of that is the impact of the low value of sterling which itself is in part an indicator of the sum of the views on our future prospects

Bollox .... at what point do you man up and concede you were wrong and gave in to project fear and had little or no belief in UKPLC I wonder.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Brexit will not happen. The Irish voted to leave with a 53% majority in 2008 and then held a second referendum in 2009 when 67% voted to remain. At some point in the process we will have a second UK referendum and the original "out" vote will be overturned.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Brexit will not happen. The Irish voted to leave with a 53% majority in 2008 and then held a second referendum in 2009 when 67% voted to remain. At some point in the process we will have a second UK referendum and the original "out" vote will be overturned.

Brexit will happen. The remainers came out in protest because they didn't get what they wanted. Do you honestly think the leavers would just sit there and say ok brexit isn't happening? I don't think so some how!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
And this manufacturing data is DESPITE Gregg Wallace messing about about in all our factories. Just imagine when that series ends, we'll be storming away.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Dream on.... it's done..... planning happening now.... Article 50 next year.. out by 2020.... stop bleating and just get on with your life.... or move to the EU if you love it so much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexit may happen. Referendum's have been overturned before though.
I think we need to get Farage truly gone, he just winds people up and gives leave voters a leader, albeit a ridiculous clown of a leader, he's leaving UKIP soon so that will be a good step in the direction of overturning Brexit.
If it goes ahead it won't be anything like the Brexit mob imagine. It'll be us tied into deals that crush workers rights and conditions, let companies off tax and we'll still be bossed around by EU, we just won't have any platform to have our say or any power to stop it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
London and Scotland,two areas that voted in large to remain had among the lowest turn outs,one could conclude that if that within those areas,the truly disenfranchised,detached,and further from the oh so wonderful EU's amazing wonders were to drag themselves to the polls,then the true outcome within those areas would have been-Leave.

In fact i would go further,were a 100% (almost impossible) turnout happen nationwide,be it a 2nd,3rd or 4th referendum,the only answer would be-Leave-

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
London and Scotland,two areas that voted in large to remain had among the lowest turn outs,one could conclude that if that within those areas,the truly disenfranchised,detached,and further from the oh so wonderful EU's amazing wonders were to drag themselves to the polls,then the true outcome within those areas would have been-Leave.

In fact i would go further,were a 100% (almost impossible) turnout happen nationwide,be it a 2nd,3rd or 4th referendum,the only answer would be-Leave-

100% incorrect. If everyone had voted it would have been a solid remain. We all know it. As it would be on a second ref.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
100% incorrect. If everyone had voted it would have been a solid remain. We all know it. As it would be on a second ref.

Does that include the vast estates of the countries council wards,those that have never seen the luxury of Brighton's riches....those that barley get into town never mind have a social media outlet to network on,the genuine poor too...

Loud are the Remain,but as with most things,the noisiest are often the minority..bit like the Amex :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does that include the vast estates of the countries council wards,those that have never seen the luxury of Brighton's riches....those that barley get into town never mind have a social media outlet to network on,the genuine poor too...

Loud are the Remain,but as with most things,the noisiest are often the minority..bit like the Amex :lolol:

Everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here