Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I had a dream last night.....weird thing was it involved Brexit (god help me by the way) anyway in the dream UKIP said to somebody the queen or king maybe.......that they were ready to govern the country as they were the party with the largest following of some 220 seats?

thanks and as you were.

Back in reality, since June 23 UKIP has become irrelevant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If we are stuffed (not that I think we are) then you, as one of us, are obviously stuffed. Of course, you could just give up on trying to make self-fulfilling prophesies.

Indeed I am stuffed, and, it's not just my prophecies that are coming home to roost. But a head in the sand " Nothing can go wrong now " attitude will not solve any of the immense problems we face in the next 3-5 years, blind optimism is not going to sort out the mess.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Back in reality, since June 23 UKIP has become irrelevant.

Well after all the slating, the racist party etc, strange how this chap plus many others were members. UKIP's job is done, and they have showed class not contesting this seat.

A UKIP member is to stand in the by-election for the seat left vacant following the killing of Jo Cox.

But Waqas Ali Khan is to run as an independent in the race, due to his populist right wing party refusing to field a candidate in a mark of respect to Mrs Cox, who died in June.

Mr Khan, 27, said he was motivated to stand following the announcement of far right candidate Jack Buckby for Liberty UK and the rise in hate crime.

He said he also wanted to stand against who he believes will be an elite Labour politician.

Mr Khan, who lives in Heaton in Bradford, previously stood for UKIP in Shipley during the 2015 general election.
“The party isn’t putting anyone up but I think it’s only right to give voters a choice”, said Mr Khan, a finance masters graduate who is currently unemployed.

“Jack is promoting anti-islamic views.

“He stands for everything that goes against British values and his presence within the region will cause further divide and hate amongst communities.

“I want to represent the Asian community and engage with everyone.

“I also believe that the Labour Party will parachute an elite politician into the Batley and Spen seat.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west...pendent-batley-11707936#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
its not for me or you to decide whether the scots stay or go, that will be their will.
Says who? Scotland is part of my country, just as London is, and the people that live there don't have the right to take it away from me. Are you suggesting that every human has the right to declare the land they live on as their own country?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You seem to have changed your tune now that you are on the losing side.
Previously you were against referendums and the public having a vote on important issues saying the government should just govern.
well here is a perfect opportunity for the government to govern and negotiate the exit from the EU with a British model …….dont you think?

Exactly. I'm not asking for another referendum. I'm suggesting the government negotiates and then puts it to the house and debates it properly with our elected leaders. This is proper and correct governance in my mind. Anything less would be acting exactly like many suggest the EU operates.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from the USA, the independence of the nations in the commonwealth was decided by the Westminster Parliament too.

FFS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very odd. Brexiteers saying Scotland can have another referendum yet piss their pants and throw a fit everytime a suggestion of a second EU ref is raised.
It's just another illustration of how unfocused and plain confused leave voters are.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Pretty sure May is hoping it will all go away and nothing will change - it's a sort of let the leavers think we've left and in 2-3 years most of the older leavers will have departed and a lot of what's left will have had their savings and pensions eroded they will go along with anything.

You see anything can happen at the moment - a massive crash here or in Europe could leave us or Europe stuffed. Meanwhile the banks and central banks will keep churning out the paper money and bank charges to eat up all the disposable income of everyone working so they can bring in Universal payments to make everyone "equal" (in the same shit) leaving the elite big business and governments to control how they allocate everything

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very odd. Brexiteers saying Scotland can have another referendum yet piss their pants and throw a fit everytime a suggestion of a second EU ref is raised.
It's just another illustration of how unfocused and plain confused leave voters are.
I'd imagine a lot of Scots think they should have another referendum, and they were mainly remainers.

The referendums have been done, we don't do them again for those that didn't like the result.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
CpHIbJbWcAAZ-Aj.jpg

Brexit Britain

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'd imagine a lot of Scots think they should have another referendum, and they were mainly remainers.

The referendums have been done, we don't do them again for those that didn't like the result.

I agree. No second referendum for either but a vote once the negotiations have ended and we know what Brexit ACTUALLY means, then we can vote to uphold Brexit or not. Once we have the FULL picture . THAT would be your TRUE democracy.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Says who? Scotland is part of my country, just as London is, and the people that live there don't have the right to take it away from me. Are you suggesting that every human has the right to declare the land they live on as their own country?

Suggest you research the history of the UK. Yes, i am absolutely saying you have bo say on whether Scotland stays in the UK or not

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
CpHIbJbWcAAZ-Aj.jpg

Brexit Britain

"French is an EU language" - I think someone needs to brush up on their English history. What a muppet

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
CpHIbJbWcAAZ-Aj.jpg

Brexit Britain

As a leaver i would say what utter total rubbish this petition is,that said we once owned half of France and France for a while owned all of England so it's quite amazing how much and yet at the same time how little in common the languages have,bit like the UK in the the EU really...i say keep what we want and ditch the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here