Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Quite. It will also be other economic indicators such as the value of the pound and GDP growth which will indicate the impact of Brexit more closely I think?

Would things be so bad if Cameron had not resigned and kept the promise of working with the decision of the referendum,i think a lack of a prime minister and government willing to honour the pre referendum promise has played a major part in market instability and weak pound.

The appointment of a PM and some direction towards working with the decision to leave the EU is essential to helping with recovery.

As for GDP.....well you could pay 100 people to paint a fence and you could double GDP by paying another 100 people to remove the paint from the fence but have you increased the wealth of a country in doing so.

It's all about confidence and stability and yes Brexit has had the effect of diminishing both..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Got a slight twinge in my back this morning, never had that pre Brexit.

Too much celebrating the result or hard work maybe then again maybe nothing.......remain will tell you it's incurable and will only get worse.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not celebrating, could well be hard work, but my guess is that Brexit is to blame.

Actually I think your right as I woke up late yesterday and think that could be Brexit too.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Actually I think your right as I woke up late yesterday and think that could be Brexit too.

Could well be mild symptoms of Brexit although i have heard of far worse cases, anger, whining, insulting, doom mongering, inability to accept majority decisions....can end up with the affected spouting bile and meeting up with many that have developed full blown Brexititus.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could well be mild symptoms of Brexit although i have heard of far worse cases, anger, whining, insulting, doom mongering, inability to accept majority decisions....can end up with the affected spouting bile and meeting up with many that have developed full blown Brexititus.

That's made me laugh....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I doubt the people who are consistently negative or have reacted in a hysterical manner will ever really accept the democratic will of the majority or be prepared to admit Brexit may not be that bad after all.

Everything bad that happens in the coming years will be blamed on Brexit and anything vaguely positive will be down to events beyond our control or luck :D

You are probably right after all everything bad that happened was blamed on the EU..and I'm not championing it either

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Worthing's Montague Centre attracts interest from Nando’s, Prezzo and Côte Brasserie as planning permission is granted

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1459...rie_express_interest_restaurant_quarter_move/

No sorry that can not be right, Nando’s threaten to leave the UK if we voted out of the EU.

Nando's responds to concerns Brexit will force closure of all UK restaurants

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/nandos-responds-concerns-brexit-force-8274690

But of course they have backed tracked and like so many others will do too.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You insult every victim of real fascism with your crass nonsense.

Do you even know what fascism is?I doubt it very much.Typical response from an idiot-victims blah blah nonsense blah blah.Come of of your insular little shell long enough to read this description of fascism from Benito Mussolini-don't suppose you recognise the name,but he was a bit of an expert,so you should listen

muss.jpg

Some of it sounds amazingly like the EU to me!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Worthing's Montague Centre attracts interest from Nando’s, Prezzo and Côte Brasserie as planning permission is granted

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1459...rie_express_interest_restaurant_quarter_move/

No sorry that can not be right, Nando’s threaten to leave the UK if we voted out of the EU.

Nando's responds to concerns Brexit will force closure of all UK restaurants

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/nandos-responds-concerns-brexit-force-8274690

But of course they have backed tracked and like so many others will do too.

Another case of severe Brexitus firmly dealt with.....the case in question is on the mend.....stay vigilant for more mild and severe cases of Brexitus breaking out daily.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well, that didn't seem to take very long at all, did it? (obviously the value of shares can still, as always, go down as well as up!)

FTSE250 rising for the fourth day in a row... from Monday's close just below 15,000 to present position of 16,420.

This is higher than in the weeks running up to the referendum, and only a little way short of its average position since March this year (since the recovery from last dip in February).

The markets don't appear to be too unhappy at present.

Titanic, no they don't at the moment, and I must say I am surprised.
Digging down a bit though, funds concentrating on midsize UK companies haven't fared too well at all; nor have some of the financials.
Nevertheless, overall, my investments have done exceedingly well this week and I can't help but rub my eyes and hope it isn't all going to disappear as quickly as it came.It all looks a bit too good to be true at the moment.
Luckily, I sold a chunk of my UK centric investments and have reinvested on a more global basis. That is way it is going to stay for me........lots of chatter about recession in UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here