Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not really a decent reason to vote in. Reminds me of those that argued joining the Euro would be a good idea because it would mean not having the hassle of changing money when they went on holiday.

You can add exchanging money to my list as well and two sets of bank cards. Maybe you like all this red-tape? I don't.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
My gripe is ticketing, barriers, the ticket machines, and the very clear lack of integration of systems and processes. This has nothing to do with over population, nothing to do with Germany versus UK; more a mind set of the knobs who set this crap up.

I'm assuming you live in Germany so why is June 23rd relevant to you?

You have a problem with queuing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm assuming you live in Germany so why is June 23rd relevant to you?

I want what's best for my friends and family and I want the younger generation to have the same opportunities I have had.

D

Deleted member 22389

I also have relatives in southern italy.

I know a couple of italian/english guys,born in the UK and lived in southern italy for years.The've recently come back.One because he says there is no work and another because the taxes are now sky high.I know plenty of young italians coming here for work.London is like little Italy. Italy def is in a bad way like Spain and Greece.

So much for the EU.

I wonder how the remain camp would vote if Cameron said we would be joining the Euro.We can all imagine how the voting would then go on June 23rd.Cameron has failed to negotiate changes,ie,he's not happy with an organisation he wants us to stay in.

In the same way that project fear is working here it will be used by Merkel,the leader of the european superstate to bully us into more integration into the EU in the future.
We will one day have to join the failed Euro project.

My mum is Italian, she was born near Naples. My dad was British. Mum came to this country in 1964 and only packed up working 2 years ago, fair to say she has seen a lot change in that time. Even she thinks we should brexit after the way Italy has been treated, and the effects the EU is slowly having on this country.

You know Italians, they will only take so much and then flip their lids. If half of the Remainers could see what is going on down there, they might change their minds. It chaos enough in cities like Naples and that area with a lack of jobs, and then adding uncontrolled migration on top of that is just creating more tensions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My mum is Italian, she was born near Naples. My dad was British. Mum came to this country in 1964 and only packed up working 2 years ago, fair to say she has seen a lot change in that time. Even she thinks we should brexit after the way Italy has been treated, and the effects the EU is slowly having on this country.

You know Italians, they will only take so much and then flip their lids. If half of the Remainers could see what is going on down there, they might change their minds. It chaos enough in cities like Naples and that area with a lack of jobs, and then adding uncontrolled migration on top of that is just creating more tensions.

So, in short, all of Italy's problems are EU based? That's some re-writing of history.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not really a decent reason to vote in.

really just doesn't like how things are done here and should be more German. presumably it follows that if we stay in EU we will march towards being more German and remove all those little travel inconveniences. in the European State there will be no barriers, no queues and no gaps. tickets will be issued by face recognition and billed to your account automatically. its a brave new world to look forward to, under the leadership of Brussels.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
really just doesn't like how things are done here and should be more German.

As I very clearly pointed out the utter shite mascerading as a railway is nothing to do with the EU. And I'll admit I like more efficient ways of operating. Who doesn't?

PS finger tip recognition is up and running in many fields already.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
PS finger tip recognition is up and running in many fields already.

still need you to literally touch in and out, facial recognition is much more efficient as you wouldn't even need to stop. they already do this with ANPR for cars, so maybe if we could all wear a nice number plate on our clothes, they could just re-implement that system. or surgically inserted electronic tags? they could have doors open for you then, double as security for buildings.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
EU migration: UK to face 'free-for-all'

The UK will face a future migration "free-for-all" unless it leaves the European Union, Justice Secretary Michael Gove has warned.
Writing in the Times, he said any future expansion of the EU would pose a "direct and serious threat" to public services in the UK, including the NHS.

'Serious threat'

Mr Gove warned that five potential new members of the EU - Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania and Turkey - would result in millions more people having the right to move to the UK.

"Because we cannot control our borders - and because our deal sadly does nothing to change this fact - public services such as the NHS will face an unquantifiable strain as millions more become EU citizens," he wrote.

"There is a direct and serious threat to our public services, standard of living and ability to maintain social solidarity if we accept continued EU membership," he added...

Former Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith said immigration was "out of control" and free movement of people rules meant the UK had to let criminals into the country.

"An elected government in the UK elected on a platform to reduce immigration right now cannot deliver that because the EU is an open border," he told Radio 4's Today.
"You cannot reject anyone unless you can demonstrate categorically that they pose an immediate threat to the life and livelihood of the UK."

Immigration was placing "enormous pressure" on schools, hospitals and housing, he said, and leaving the EU would help the poorest in society. "It is not an anti-migrant policy. It is about getting balance in all things."

Even the government admits millions more will come if we stay in over the next 15 years according to the recent biased pro remain treasury forecast.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rapidly running out of things to blame on Brexit,David Cameron insists Aston Villa's recent relegation was caused by all the OUT posters being held up by fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
still need you to literally touch in and out, facial recognition is much more efficient as you wouldn't even need to stop. they already do this with ANPR for cars, so maybe if we could all wear a nice number plate on our clothes, they could just re-implement that system. or surgically inserted electronic tags? they could have doors open for you then, double as security for buildings.

Alternatively just have a population you can trust to buy a ticket and get rid of all the barriers?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The UK will face a future migration "free-for-all" unless it leaves the European Union, Justice Secretary Michael Gove has warned.
Writing in the Times, he said any future expansion of the EU would pose a "direct and serious threat" to public services in the UK, including the NHS.

More scaremongering from the leave crowd.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Waiting for the Remain camp to claim British Home Stores would have survived if they'd changed to European Home Stores

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More scaremongering from the leave crowd.

Wheeling out this fear-mongering tosh AND getting some quotes from Noel Gallagher really is plumbing new depths of desperation :lolol:

There's still two months to go until the vote....if this is how it is now I dread to think who they'll dredge up nearer the time

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Alternatively just have a population you can trust to buy a ticket and get rid of all the barriers?

Where are you going to find a population like that?Not where you live,that's for sure!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Waiting for the Remain camp to claim British Home Stores would have survived if they'd changed to European Home Stores

British Home Stores would have survived if they'd sold stuff that anyone actually wanted to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here