Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Predictable. The French Government lied about Liverpool fans at the Champions League Final. An enormous cover up of systematic organizational failure that was obvious to all and exposed in their public enquiry. The whole thing was particularly sick given the cover ups over here over Hillsborough. The reaction of most of NSC ? Blame the scousers. Whom should we blame this time I wonder.

The French did lie about the CLF but Boris lied every time he opened his mouth.

This is a direct result of Brexit and the need now to get passports stamped. Not sure why anyone is surprised as people knew what they were voting for.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
EF50B435-372A-46AE-B1C1-4116CAB8729D.jpeg

Taken today.

So what can we see? I count 8 tourist booths (2 lanes of traffic are merging into another ), 1 freight and from memory the far right lane which is empty here, is for coaches. So I’m going to go for 10 in total.

Any advance on ten?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Predictable. The French Government lied about Liverpool fans at the Champions League Final. An enormous cover up of systematic organizational failure that was obvious to all and exposed in their public enquiry. The whole thing was particularly sick given the cover ups over here over Hillsborough. The reaction of most of NSC ? Blame the scousers. Whom should we blame this time I wonder.

I deliberately was not talking about the current how many booths there are or what very specifically the problem is this weekend.

Nor was it an anti-BREXIT rant. I recognise we’ve got BREXIT and it’s not going away.

I wasn’t even trying to apportion blame. I was very deliberately making the point that this could have been foreseen and predicted because of the choices our Government had made.

it’s not at all comparable to Liverpool’s recent experiences where the French got it wrong and have admitted as much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
View attachment 150252

Taken today.

So what can we see? I count 8 tourist booths (2 lanes of traffic are merging into another ), 1 freight and from memory the far right lane which is empty here, is for coaches. So I’m going to go for 10 in total.

Any advance on ten?

I thought that lane was for Brexiteers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What new procedures are these then ? As far as I've experienced it's still British passport control this side and then French passport control the other. Dover have double - i.e. British and and French both sides - but that is it. I've even carried food, flowers and chemicals both ways without issue despite the press horror stories of people having sandwiches confiscated etc. The French in Dieppe just wave you through after a quick stamp in the passport. This is a staffing issue, nothing to do with Brexit.

Staffing levels will affect it, but of course it’s to do with Brexit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This really seems to bother you far too much TB.

Why is that? I didn't get it? It would not have effected you in any way shape or form.

No, I’m not bothered but I don’t like pots calling kettles. You say people are moaning when you’ve done your fair share.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What new procedures are these then ? As far as I've experienced it's still British passport control this side and then French passport control the other. Dover have double - i.e. British and and French both sides - but that is it. I've even carried food, flowers and chemicals both ways without issue despite the press horror stories of people having sandwiches confiscated etc. The French in Dieppe just wave you through after a quick stamp in the passport. This is a staffing issue, nothing to do with Brexit.

Eurotunnel are very clear about third country passengers not taking meat or dairy through from U.K. to France. As we go to a mobile home on a campsite, I used to put the remaining butter, milk etc in our cool box but now I give it to our neighbours. Luckily there is a supermarket just across the roundabout when we arrive so we can stock up.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If Brexit is still so popular and Europe is the wicked witch of the west and to blame for all our problems, why do so many Brits want to travel to Europe, all at the same time. Surely a holiday in Gods own country is as near to nirvana as you can get?

The food, the beaches, the weather, the views, the prices, the friendly locals, the beer.......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If Brexit is still so popular and Europe is the wicked witch of the west and to blame for all our problems, why do so many Brits want to travel to Europe, all at the same time. Surely a holiday in Gods own country is as near to nirvana as you can get?

The food, the beaches, the weather, the views, the prices, the friendly locals, the beer.......

I am genuinely quite surprised so many people are prepared to face the Brexit caused chaos. Surprised and encouraged. Good to see people aren't shrinking into little Britain.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The stupidity of Brexit voters never ceases to amaze - voted to end "free movement of people across borders". then complain at the 'vindictive' French when those same Gammons have to queue to show their passports: "infamy, infamy, they've got it in for me."

We really have a lot of people in this country with the utter brainlessness of Trump fanatics across the Atlantic; always blame others for the entirely predictable consequences of their own choices.

This is our glorious "taking back control" in action. FFS :ffsparr:

Brexitters - you won, the 'will of the people' triumphed; get over it and stop being such pathetic snowflakes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The stupidity of Brexit voters never ceases to amaze - voted to end "free movement of people across borders". then complain at the 'vindictive' French when they have to queue to show their passports.

We really have a lot of people in this country with the thickness of Trump fanatics across the Atlantic.

This is our glorious "taking back control" in action. FFS :ffsparr:

I'm hoping it's another nail in the Tory's coffin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here