Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Andrew Bailey...."Britain suffering faster and steeper downturn than Europe"

In response we are experiencing a real term cut to defence forces till 2025

Little wonder Putin was so keen on Brexit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OK Rumpole in what way did I reference the Holocaust in my post?

Let’s see the evidence……….

Well there was this:

Energy costs and demands are certainly a problem today……

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...-emergency-plan-as-russia-chokes-gas-supplies

It’s a shame Germany didn’t have a gas shortage a few years ago.

And if that wasn't a reference to the holocaust, well fair enough. But frankly it wouldn't be a surprise if it was because of your tedious propensity to follow HT around the board referencing WW2 and associated atrocities, like he's got something to apologise for. That's what I meant by "charmless bellend".

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well there was this:

And if that wasn't a reference to the holocaust, well fair enough. But frankly it wouldn't be a surprise if it was because of your tedious propensity to follow HT around the board referencing WW2 and associated atrocities, like he's got something to apologise for. That's what I meant by "charmless bellend".

Apology accepted Grasshopper. The reference of “a few years ago” was actually connected to the warnings from Trump back in 2018.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusgilmer/status/1044604107997237249

In this respect the Germans sowed the wind, now they are reaping the whirlwind. So there you are…….it’s been a whilst since the lights went out in Europe due to decisions made by German leadership…….plus ca change as they say in France.

As for the following HT around, I am a mere day tripper through these parts, and if I see a post worth responding to then I will.

I think the last one I responded to from HT was his jocular reference to how the bombing of Stoke by the Luftwaffe in WW2 had delivered “improvements”. I felt that needed a fitting response, so I did.

Is that ok Rumpole?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1542453384078401536[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not too many would waste their time with O'Brien tbf.

I'd be happy to spend time debating subjects with him, but if you were incapable of validating your view

validate

/ˈvalɪdeɪt/

verb

check or prove the validity or accuracy of.
"all analytical methods should be validated in respect of accuracy"
demonstrate or support the truth or value of.
"acclaim was seen as a means of validating one's existence"

then I think you would simply appear extremely foolish and who would want to waste their time confirming the blatantly obvious :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
O'Brien engages?

As another poster seems keen on definitions, if sneering, shouting, patronising with a one sided lecture comes under 'engagement' then O'Brien is certainly a champion

I am pleased you listen to his programme, although your response to it is obviously partial and your language is typically emotive; it reflects your political stance - no more or less - and obviously it lacks any semblance of objectivity or balance.

But I suspect you know that, even if you don't acknowledge it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not too many would waste their time with O'Brien tbf.

I heard O'brien now has the highest ratings of any talkback host in the UK. Little surprise when so few talk truth to power and so many client journalists are complicit in Johnson's slide into fascism ....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
File under ‘Uplands, Sunny ��’

5C2A9D81-122C-409B-B243-70A029BCF9E1.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
File under ‘Uplands, Sunny ��’

View attachment 149257

If it wasn't so tragic I'd laugh.

Das Reich is on Seaford beach as I type, with his pitchfork, feeling freer, even though his income has fallen and his costs gone up. Blaming the unions, no doubt.

Well....I'm OK. I have money. I voted remain. Leavers struggling? Fück you. Deal with it. You voted for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here