Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
“ The fishing industry – promised a new lease of life out of the EU – is on the verge of crisis, with rising fuel costs making it almost uneconomic to catch fish, particularly as exporting to the EU is now so burdensome. Trawler crew working on a share of profits now earn less than £3 an hour after diesel is paid for, despite fish being at record prices.”

Oh dear.
This explains why British Fish are happier Fish since leaving, more chance of dying of old age now.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
“ The fishing industry – promised a new lease of life out of the EU – is on the verge of crisis, with rising fuel costs making it almost uneconomic to catch fish, particularly as exporting to the EU is now so burdensome. Trawler crew working on a share of profits now earn less than £3 an hour after diesel is paid for, despite fish being at record prices.”

Oh dear.

Energy costs and demands are certainly a problem today……

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...-emergency-plan-as-russia-chokes-gas-supplies

It’s a shame Germany didn’t have a gas shortage a few years ago.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You’re fighting the wrong battle……you need to start-up the rejoin the EU bus.

That means committing to join the euro…..

https://www.ft.com/content/7cfb85d3-c77a-496f-9934-450f2314d311

Let’s hand over fiscal sovereignty to the ECB……over to you Mario!

There's no need for a rejoin campaign, there are many, it's inevitable anyway. It's been exposed as a scam to usher in the inevitable transfer or rights and wealth from the poorest to the waelthiest in society, to destabalise peace in the west and attack our democracy. Thats why Putins bombing Ukraine, your right protest and freedom of movement has been stripped, abortion has just been banned in America, and as ever, the rich get richer and poor poorer.

You can buying into it and swallowing the cool aid but the sane among us can see through it and want change. Rejoin, with Euro FOM and Schengen please. Unity is power

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Energy costs and demands are certainly a problem today……

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...-emergency-plan-as-russia-chokes-gas-supplies

It’s a shame Germany didn’t have a gas shortage a few years ago.

They (the Cornwall fisherman with no market for their fish) are being told to diversify. I guess their fisherman’s cottages will make excellent second homes and/or rental properties…..once completely renovated that is. And the harbour land can be sold off for nice waterside apartments.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They (the Cornwall fisherman with no market for their fish) are being told to diversify. I guess their fisherman’s cottages will make excellent second homes and/or rental properties…..once completely renovated that is. And the harbour land can be sold off for nice waterside apartments.

Obviously a lot of naïve people were taken in, together with some who like to think themselves more 'politically astute' than the masses and agreed with Johnson and Farage but for 'completely different reasons'. And to be fair, we've all done incredibly stupid things in our lives (luckily for me, the vast majority were before the days of technology and social media and were confined to a few people within 100 yards of me in West Street or other various Brighton 'hotspots') so let those without.... etc etc

So I can fully understand the regular posters who insist that they 'won't post in the Pit' or that 'the Brexit thread' is a waste of time or even 'We should move on' and don't want to discuss it any more :wink:

However, the ones that I can't understand, are those who keep bumping this thread screaming, albeit metaphorically, 'LOOK AT HOW STUPID I WAS'.

Maybe you could explain their motivation to me :lolol:

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

It’s cute that you have this concern about the travails of Cornish fisher folk………I would have thought you had grosser makrele zu rauch.

https://fortune.com/2022/06/24/germany-gas-storage-supply-10-weeks-russian-exports-autumn/

You’re like a man who has just lost his arms in a hay baling accident being worried about his athletes foot.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
There's no need for a rejoin campaign, there are many, it's inevitable anyway. It's been exposed as a scam to usher in the inevitable transfer or rights and wealth from the poorest to the waelthiest in society, to destabalise peace in the west and attack our democracy. Thats why Putins bombing Ukraine, your right protest and freedom of movement has been stripped, abortion has just been banned in America, and as ever, the rich get richer and poor poorer.

You can buying into it and swallowing the cool aid but the sane among us can see through it and want change. Rejoin, with Euro FOM and Schengen please. Unity is power

This is better, it’s much clearer to see what you are actually for, although the “unity is power” reference is a bit sinister don’t you think? There was a popular song by the CCP back in the day “unity is strength” which may be coincidental.

Otherwise…..bravo……Brexit is why the US has banned abortion.

You have nothing on Cameron’s mad swivel eyed loons………absolutely hatstand.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Haha…….

http://foryoubg.org/en/2021/05/28/the-9th-of-may-europe-day-unity-is-strength/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uni...y is Strength" (simplified,Lu Su in June 1943.

You couldn’t make this shit up, soon enough you’ll be shilling the old ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer sentiment in due course……….panzer march ost!

By the way

How is Jacob getting on with his Dartford Tunnel plan to replace emergency signage. Seems its in his top 5 Brexit benefits...

Will you be rejecting the USB-C connector?

What about getting a more powerful hoover?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You’re like a man who has just lost his arms in a hay baling accident being worried about his athletes foot.

Also cunning fergus, in response to reports that the British fishing industry is on its knees:
tasteless quip dodging the issue and instead referencing Nazi's gassing of the Jews.

I guess I'm not really surprised. You're losing the Brexit argument comfortably and have always been a charmless bellend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also cunning fergus, in response to reports that the British fishing industry is on its knees:
tasteless quip dodging the issue and instead referencing Nazi's gassing of the Jews.

I guess I'm not really surprised. You're losing the Brexit argument comfortably and have always been a charmless bellend.

He follows me all over this board offering these unsolicited quips. It's picked up quite noticably in recent weeks. One involved a fatal accident in Berlin where a teacher was killed and another teacher and 9 school children seriously injured; he was onto me within an hour of the news breaking with a tasteless comment. One very sad and bitter ****er.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
He follows me all over this board offering these unsolicited quips. It's picked up quite noticably in recent weeks. One involved a fatal accident in Berlin where a teacher was killed and another teacher and 9 school children seriously injured; he was onto me within an hour of the news breaking with a tasteless comment. One very sad and bitter ****er.

I have to say I never had you down as a mattress damper like some on here, but your matratze ist durchnursst!

As for this fatal accident you speak of, you must be confused, the incident I was commenting on in Berlin a few weeks ago was a deliberate act of violence. You may have missed it, but some prick drove a car at nearly 100mph onto the pavement and straight into pedestrians.

What happened in the accident?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

OK Rumpole in what way did I reference the Holocaust in my post?

Let’s see the evidence……….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here