Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't get it. If I'd voted for Brexit I'd be furious at the way it's panning out, all of the things which were promised are disappearing and it's actually harming this country in a significant and increasingly tangible way. And yet people STILL back the people who ballsed it up and stick their head in the sand at the negatives. It's really weird.

Thin skins. Doing that would suggest they got it wrong. Their ego's would never allow it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't get it. If I'd voted for Brexit I'd be furious at the way it's panning out, all of the things which were promised are disappearing and it's actually harming this country in a significant and increasingly tangible way. And yet people STILL back the people who ballsed it up and stick their head in the sand at the negatives. It's really weird.

Well the biggest problem has never been Brexit itself.

It has always been the type of Brexit chosen by May, and then tweaked and rushed through by Johnson.

It never had to be this Brexit.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If you think I'm trolling, take it up with the mods.

To be fair to Bash, I wouldn't call it trolling, posting false information is merely Brexit delusion and he's not the only one. You can argue the motivation behind it could be trolling but swathes of the population still pray at alter of Brexit and still swallow all the lies and bullshit from the same discreditted liars and grifters. They are gaslit / radicalised and no amount of facts and evidence will pursuade them otherwise

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well the biggest problem has never been Brexit itself.

It has always been the type of Brexit chosen by May, and then tweaked and rushed through by Johnson.

It never had to be this Brexit.

And yet they keep either ignoring the problems caused by or actively support "this" Brexit. They certainly don't turn away from it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It is weird but hey need to think they are upsetting the right people, that's all they have left.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And yet they keep either ignoring the problems caused by or actively support "this" Brexit. They certainly don't turn away from it.

And the worse it gets, the defensive and deflective they will become. I'm referring here to the variety of Brexiteer we get here. Some more reflective variant of the species might ruminate on how bad it is and how let down they feel. But all the time the EU is cocking up the vaccination programme and as the union flag flutters proudly from public buildings, Johnson and his cronies will get away with it egged on by his friends in the Tory press.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And the worse it gets, the defensive and deflective they will become. I'm referring here to the variety of Brexiteer we get here. Some more reflective variant of the species might ruminate on how bad it is and how let down they feel. But all the time the EU is cocking up the vaccination programme and as the union flag flutters proudly from public buildings, Johnson and his cronies will get away with it egged on by his friends in the Tory press.

Or maybe not so ? Johnson and his cronies can't even get jingoism right these days without upsetting someone. Wrapping themselves in the flag might go down well in the Tory Shires but more than ever the devolved nations are starting to see it as source of control or dominance rather than a union. The Sots want out already, the Welsh are getting fed up with Johnson leaving the Senedd in the dark and now the DUP WANT the union flag flying like a red rag to a bull in NI .... further straining the Good Friday Agreement.. Johnson's future CV isn't looking too good.

DUP pushes for new union jack flag policy to be enforced in Northern Ireland

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/dup-pushes-for-new-union-jack-flag-policy-to-be-enforced-in-northern-ireland/ar-BB1eXgj6?ocid=BingNewsSearch

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The misfortune of having a closed mind continually fed by a social media echo chamber probably means you never will 'get it', the same goes for all the other remainer obsessives on this thread. Tens of thousands of posts provide ample evidence that there never was any real interest in listening and accommodating opposing opinions. Saying I don't understand/I told you so is just another manifestation of that narrow mindedness while also serving as an ongoing coping mechanism for the shock of the 2016 result. Hopefully one day you will all move on but I have my doubts ...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The misfortune of having a closed mind continually fed by a social media echo chamber probably means you never will 'get it', the same goes for all the other remainer obsessives on this thread. Tens of thousands of posts provide ample evidence that there never was any real interest in listening and accommodating opposing opinions. Saying I don't understand/I told you so is just another manifestation of that narrow mindedness while also serving as an ongoing coping mechanism for the shock of the 2016 result. Hopefully one day you will all move on but I have my doubts ...

A lot of waffle.
So, the list of Brexit positiveso and negatives?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

So you, as a Brexit voter, are actually delighted with the damage it’s causing to British people right now?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Didn’t realise you were a fan of the Labour Party now? Thought you were of the opinion you didn’t believe a word they said?

I’m a very broad church, it’s always good to listen to all sorts of different opinions and views, don’t want to end up bitter,blinkered and on the wrong side of history.[emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m a very broad church, it’s always good to listen to all sorts of different opinions and views, don’t want to end up bitter,blinkered and on the wrong side of history.[emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you’ll listen to anyone as long as they agree with you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So you, as a Brexit voter, are actually delighted with the damage it’s causing to British people right now?

As long as he thinks it hurting the right group of people Brexit in his mind is a resounding success. That is all that remains, there is nothing else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here