Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Eqam62EW4AIklIJ.jpeg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a Chartered Accountant my qualification is no longer recognised from January 1st 2021 in the EU. I usually work in Frankfurt, Paris, Warsaw and Nicosia during the summer recess but that work (on which I pay tax to HMRC) will now be lost.

Can a Brexit supporter advise how the negotiated changes benefits the UK exchequer and myself?

Jan 30, 2008
As a Chartered Accountant my qualification is no longer recognised from January 1st 2021 in the EU. I usually work in Frankfurt, Paris, Warsaw and Nicosia during the summer recess but that work (on which I pay tax to HMRC) will now be lost.

Can a Brexit supporter advise how the negotiated changes benefits the UK exchequer and myself?
well EP ,with the amount of money we wont be paying the EU your small amount of tax is a drop in the ocean ,I guess it was never about the individual it was about the country in general , Iyou'll have to concentrate on more home Work
Regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You will just have to stay in the UK live off the cheap, nutritious and plentiful Herrings we will soon have a surplus of.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
well EP ,with the amount of money we wont be paying the EU your small amount of tax is a drop in the ocean ,I guess it was never about the individual it was about the country in general , Iyou'll have to concentrate on more home Work
Regards
DF

Thanks PPF, that’s very reassuring. Presumably there’s plenty of work here in the UK at present?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes indeed part of your worldwide income, HMRC still gets paid and will now lose out

Historians will look at this clusterf**k of a deal and ask themselves how the UK government obsessed about fish and neglected the service industry that essentially makes UK economy tick

We gone from Germany +++ to Canada -

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes indeed part of your worldwide income, HMRC still gets paid and will now lose out

Historians will look at this clusterf**k of a deal and ask themselves how the UK government obsessed about fish and neglected the service industry that essentially makes UK economy tick

We gone from Germany +++ to Canada -

I think the obsession was actually something to do with 'sovereignty'.... but that will surely not provide sufficient satisfaction for the many who will soon be poorer and/or jobless.
Let's just see.....it won't be long now.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sounds like you can't wait, with your thumb to your nose and 'I told you so' hat on.

Bravo!

Only to you. I have several friends who are in danger of losing income and/or their livelihoods; if you think I am impatient for that to happen, you are wrong-headed (to put it politely) again.

Maybe you could think a bit longer and harder before posting?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I noticed that with yesterday's posts on here being mainly about the detail of Brexit, the huge movement of share dealing out of the UK on 4th Jan, the opportunities for smuggling by only having controls on goods and people going out of the country, the issues in the financial sector with passporting and equivalence, the country specific rules the UK will have to meet, the impact on professional services, state aid, standards and dispute resolution etc etc, that none of our regular Brexit supporters seem to have made any contribution ???

Just to prove that the discussion wasn't deliberately steered into areas they wouldn't understand to exclude them, I have found this specifically for those posters.

British sausages and chilled minced meat will be BANNED in the EU from Friday under post-Brexit rules

Fresh British sausages will be banned from being exported to the EU when the post-Brexit transition period ends later this week.

Official Government export guidance, last updated on December 28, makes clear that British raw sausages will no longer be allowed into the EU.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9095353/Fresh-British-sausages-banned-exported-EU-Friday.html

Something simple to understand, they can get angry about, and completely insignificant within the bigger picture, it ticks every box. Fill yer boots :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here