Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
A £660billion Brexit Trade deal with the EU :thumbsup:

Well done Boris and co, at least you didn't waver and collapse like the Theresa May Brexit team did, you stood firm, held your nerve and fought for your country.

This will have truly upset those in at the BBC who don't easily hide their contempt for Johnson and his party.

Also, I hear Nicola Sturgeon isn't too pleased with how Scotland will fare in the deal...so it must be a good deal for England then :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know absolutely nothing about politics and never voted in my life, is this a good or a bad thing for the average working class of this country?

Nobody knows.

With the impact of Covid on the economy (bad, as you already know according to your description of your experience) it will probably be impossible to tell, either. It will be easy to blame any bad outcomes on the economic impact of the virus.

It won't affect me personally but I'm shaking my head sadly, and I feel sorry for those who will find themselves in a bad place. Even if the impact is bad a lage number of people won't really care.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I don’t mean to be harsh, but this is my experience with the vast majority of Brexit voters unfortunately. Even on this very thread, have you seen a good solid argument for why Brexit is a good thing?

“Less red tape”... err, ok.

Completely duped by Farage, Cameron and his Tory cronies.

Those pesky 52% who voted Brexit, always with the excuses of why they don't have 100 cast iron arguments why they voted the way they did

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sad times for those of us very much against Brexit and who consider ourselves part of Europe.

Ah well. At least the NHS will have millions more now. Riiight? That’s what your boy Farage said.
I voted remain, but I’m relieved we’ve got something sorted out.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two lines in. Labour should oppose it. Yay, let's have a No-Deal crash out of Europe Brexit instead. That's the obvious way forward now.:facepalm:

I love the way Mail readers get mocked by posters who live and breathe by what they read in the Guardian, yet no trace of irony.

Labour won't oppose it unless it is a capitulation. The Guardian isn't the labour party, and a few chatterbox MPs isn't the labour party any more than the ERG are the tory party.

My understanding is the Northern Ireland issue has been kicked like a can down the road again, with an eventual hard border in the Irish sea the likely outcome. We won't really see how good or bad this deal is until all the final arrangements are in place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you listen to his statement the EU originally wanted 14yrs whilst we asked for 3yrs. Don't mention that though

25% in 5 years is still shit.

If someone threatens to cut my ear off, but agrees after discussion to merely kick me in the bollocks, it will still hurt :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Britain can now get these separate trade deals with the booming Asia market and developing Africa ones. Its all good in the long term.

The great deals that Asia refuses to make with the EU you mean?

Like what exactly? ???

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Boris gets stuff done.

Perhaps the sweat brothers on here will look forward to progression in 2021.

Let's all pull together.

Yes, only just been announced and nobody has read it or fully understands it yet.
Who the fuk do you think you are telling people to pull together.
Without doubt you are the most pathetic and needy little drip in this board.
Why dont you wait until the detail comes out and then see if it is good or bad for the country as a whole like any sensible person would.
Take your hand off your todger and wait.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Cameron was lying to the country then. Either that or you didn't hear, or didn't understand, his pre-referendum speech.

Cameron was a liar and an idiot and probably hasn't changed. Either way Parliament has been left weakened by what went on because people do not trust it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did you listen to his statement the EU originally wanted 14yrs whilst we asked for 3yrs. Don't mention that though

Better not mention that just last week we were demanding 60% not 25% either then. So overall we have lost that bargaining game, as we might have shortened the term, but get less than we wanted for every year after that, forever.

D

Deleted member 2719

The great deals that Asia refuses to make with the EU you mean?

Like what exactly? ???

Had to temporary take you off the 'Harry' button (open to negotiation).

As this is the day of the DEAL, I wondered whether we could strike one ourselves, you take me off ignore and I will take you off ignore???

I will draw the line at tongues at this point.

What do ya say, big boy???

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, only just been announced and nobody has read it or fully understands it yet.
Who the fuk do you think you are telling people to pull together.
Without doubt you are the most pathetic and needy little drip in this board.
Why dont you wait until the detail comes out and then see if it is good or bad for the country as a whole like any sensible person would.
Take your hand off your todger and wait.

Happy Christmas Chopper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here