Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Benefit dependent. If people want to work hard and have the self esteem from holding down a job they will do. I'm sure we all know family or friends that are in jobs that are below the average wage but just want to work.

I must say your rationale for voting waz not one I considered but I respect your view and hopefully in the future more are willing to take on such jobs.

Benefit dependency is one such reason why it's easier by choice not to work for some and that has to end meanwhile some not all migrant workers fill the low end of the markets that those willing not to work could do so.....they are also cheaper to employ than a British citizen in the main due to a disparity in the 2nd wealthiest country in the EU and the country they may have come from to work here...a standard of living issue comes into play.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

Well done, that reminded me of FIFA (and so have recent TV shots) The EU commission IS a FIFA. Corrupt and unaccountable.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Feeling the pain of your fellow Poles in the UK :down:

They can always come back home. The things are looking better each year, and their experience gained abroad would certainly be useful and should be used to build the prosperity of Poland.

In any case, if we are to believe some predictions, after Brexit it will be Brits wanting to emigrate to Poland. #Brefugees Welcome! :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you ever think that would/will happen, you're deluded. Juncker said the day before the vote that there would be no more deals, re-negotiation, etc. There couldn't have been a clearer message that we won't be able to change anything from within. And his statements since the vote have simply supported the view that to get away from him and that 'cartel' was the correct decision.

The more we learn about the EU the more it replicates FIFA which was also rotten to the core and still is to an extent even without the majority of the main player's. There is no way they could ever be reformed it's to entrenched with secret handshakes and back slapping

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What happens if the EU falls apart and we got out at the right time and didn't burden the country with more debt?

What are the odds? what happens first?

A-The EU collapse
B-The UK flourishes eventually after Brexit
C-The Albion get promotion

all 3 are real possibilities

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
What he was talking about was special deals for Britain, what he cannot refuse is changes demanded by all of the member states.

Ok, so when was the last time their accounts we're audited and signed off? And how long has that been known about? And how much stink have the existing members made of this and driven through change/transparency? They haven't. Do you think that will change anytime soon?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes it should be for everyone we are going to months of this roll on the football season

weird and strange we all wanted a break from footie and we needed it nobody forecast a summer of binfestery in place tho :lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Weird as some remain campaigner set the outcome was binding an there was no chance of another vote or turning back. So this thread is somewhat irrelevant and a waste of time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here