Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Some people voted pragmatically, seeing the world for what it was in 2016. Some voted for a return to England in the 18th century (who won!). We will see the results soon enough.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Johnson does a U turn despite whipping the Tory MPs last night.

The EU and UK have reached agreement in principle on how to implement the most contentious issues around the Northern Ireland Protocol.

The agreement was announced in a joint statement by European Commission Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič and UK Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove.

As a result of the agreement the UK will withdraw the clauses in the Internal Market Bill which would have breached the Northern Ireland Protocol, and "will not introduce any similar provisions in the Taxation Bill," the statement said.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/1208/1183069-johnson-brexit-talks/

In conclusion then , we remove the clauses in the Internal Market Bill that would have come into play if there was no agreement on the Northern Ireland protocol by end of transition…….after its announced there has been agreement on the Northern Ireland protocol which makes the clauses unnecessary.
And your personal interpretation is this is therefore a u-turn?
:lolol:

They aren't going to walk away, no matter how much Johnson wants them to. He will be unable to point the finger and say 'it's their fault'.

[tweet]1336281913309458435[/tweet]

In further extraordinary news if there is no trade agreement completed for when the transition ends someone says there will still be trade discussions in the future.
What an astonishing revelation.
Why did you believe the EU and UK would never ever have trade talks again if the transition ends with no trade deal in place, when both sides have been quite open about wanting to complete a trade deal?
Is mandoline, whoever she is, going to announce the earth isnt flat next week?

some of you are an utter gift.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In conclusion then , we remove the clauses in the Internal Market Bill that would have come into play if there was no agreement on the Northern Ireland protocol by end of transition…….after its announced there has been agreement on the Northern Ireland protocol which makes the clauses unnecessary.
And your personal interpretation is this is therefore a u-turn?
:lolol:

Yes, I would interpret that as a complete and utter u-turn from the bill he was whipping MPs into voting through yesterday. He didn't even manage to hold a line for 24 hours this time :facepalm:

In further extraordinary news if there is no trade agreement completed for when the transition ends someone says there will still be trade discussions in the future.
Why did you believe the EU and UK would never ever have trade talks again if the transition ends with no trade deal in place, when both sides have been quite open about wanting to complete a trade deal?

And which party in the negotiations will grind to a halt and be most desperate after a no deal Brexit. (I think you'll find the other 27 nations will keep trading between themselves in a single market, lessening the impact somewhat).

Honestly, some of you are an utter gift :lolol:

Not long now, maybe you should get cunning fergus back on board

Tick tock

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Is mandoline, whoever she is, going to announce the earth isnt flat next week?

some of you are an utter gift.

did you forget to add the proviso that whatever the outcome is - that's what you voted for?

I keep thinking of the Arctic Monkeys album - whatever people say I am.....in this case "Whatever Brexit is that's what I voted for"

Whatever.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, I would interpret that as a complete and utter u-turn from the bill he was whipping MPs into voting through yesterday. He didn't even manage to hold a line for 24 hours this time :facepalm:

And which party in the negotiations will grind to a halt will be most desperate after a no deal Brexit.

Honestly, some of you are an utter gift :lolol:

Not long now, maybe you should get cunning fergus back on board

Tick tock

You are asking which party in trade talks that would take place after a no deal brexit..........confirming its expected there will be trade talks in the future in the event the transition ends with no trade deal concluded, just as expected.

spanner.

TICK TOCK

EDIT: if you want to engage with cunning fergus, then i suggest you @ him like the unhinged stalker we know you to be

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1174344280690831361[/tweet]

One year later

[tweet]1336320175289769984[/tweet]

The good people of Bridgend INEOS owner billionaire Brexit backer Jim Ratcliffe today said

F*** YOU

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are asking which party in trade talks that would take place after a no deal brexit..........confirming its expected there will be trade talks in the future in the event the transition ends with no trade deal concluded, just as expected.

spanner.

TICK TOCK

There's really no need to get so angry and abusive.

You wanted Brexit. You're a winner :thumbsup:
You wanted rid of May. You're a winner :thumbsup:
You wanted Johnson in charge. You're a winner :thumbsup:
You wanted a big majority to get Brexit through. You're a winner :thumbsup:
You'll now find out very soon what it was you won

You see, if I was a winner like you, I would be out celebrating with my friends and family, but we are obviously very different people :shrug:

Have a good evening :bigwave:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There's no need to get so angry and abusive.

You see, if I was a winner like you, I would be out celebrating with my friends and family, but we are obviously very different people :shrug:

He will then claim and argue ANY cluster**** that follows is a victory

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There's no need to get so angry and abusive.

I may well raise a glass to the end of the transition period........maybe i wont.
"spanner" is not angry and abusive you wally

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The good people of Bridgend INEOS owner billionaire Brexit backer Jim Ratcliffe today said

F*** YOU

There's something very unique the way British Billionaires who reside offshore persuade ordinary folk to commit self harm and drive their communities into destitution

British automotive manufacturing on the brink..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
don't worry about that we gotta save the fisherfolk

The commercial fishermen who sell 80% of their catch to the European market tariff free or the imported fish we mostly consume tariff free?
Doubt the fishing industry would suffer any consequences for that, surely

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
One by one we see the EU loons on here falling apart at the seams as their sorry saga falls around them ,Marvalous scenes, no single market no customs Union and Blue Passports for 90 day Visa free visits to the EU but make sure you're in the right queue

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here