Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
10/10 for avoidance

have another go

Didnt you go into the vote with the knowledge that if Remain won the UK should Remain in The EU and if Leave won the UK should Leave the EU.?
or
Did you go into the vote with the belief if Remain won the UK should Remain in the EU and if Leave won the UK should ignore that decision and Remain in the EU as well?.

11/10 for trying to load and twist the question. Dear Lord you're terrible at debating.

No-one has 'ignored' the decision and is choosing to remain in the EU - there are people wishing to overturn the decision, but they can't ignore it (as much as you've convinced yourself they have). Quite a substantial difference there.

I ask you a similar one: If the option to remain has proven the more popular result, would you simply decide to give up your beliefs, fall in line and not argue/push to change it, if you fundamentally felt it was the right thing to do?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
yeah ok, you won the argument, the referendum decision was indeed ignored and our membership never ended

I'm not having that. There is only one set of winners here.

JC Footy Genius has already won his border in the Irish Sea
Westdene Seagull has already won the removal of the guarantees on animal welfare and food standards

It's just that Johnson hasn't told you or [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] what you have won yet, but don't worry, he will and soon (as long as he's a man of his word). And then you'll all get to find out what it is that you've actually won :lolol:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
11/10 for trying to load and twist the question. Dear Lord you're terrible at debating.

No-one has 'ignored' the decision and is choosing to remain in the EU - there are people wishing to overturn the decision, but they can't ignore it (as much as you've convinced yourself they have). Quite a substantial difference there.

I ask you a similar one: If the option to remain has proven the more popular result, would you simply decide to give up your beliefs, fall in line and not argue/push to change it, if you fundamentally felt it was the right thing to do?

its not a loaded question , .....its bog standard democracy that a child could understand..........yet you refuse to answer

have another try

Didnt you go into the vote with the knowledge that if Remain won the UK should Remain in The EU and if Leave won the UK should Leave the EU.?
or
Did you go into the vote with the belief if Remain won the UK should Remain in the EU and if Leave won the UK should ignore that decision and Remain in the EU as well?.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
its not a loaded question , .....its bog standard democracy that a child could understand..........yet you refuse to answer

have another try

or

You've already proven you don't know the definition of democracy dearie.

My response, already given doesn't neatly fit into either of your scenarios - because there are more than 2 ways to approach this. I'm sorry that I have to count higher than 2 and i know it's problematic for you.

And yes, I know you'll try to gleam some form of victory by somehow claiming that because my answer hasn't fit into your ideal that it hasn't answered the question - but i'm ok with that; I'm comfortable with either side fighting for their corner if they feel strongly enough about it. I know, I know, someone has a different view and that's ok - most people understand that's possible. You'll get it some day.

Probably best you head to bed now, sounds like it's been a long night for you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not having that. There is only one set of winners here.

JC Footy Genius has already won his border in the Irish Sea
Westdene Seagull has already won the removal of the guarantees on animal welfare and food standards

It's just that Johnson hasn't told you or [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] what you have won yet, but don't worry, he will and soon (as long as he's a man of his word). And then you'll all get to find out what it is that you've actually won :lolol:

What border in the Irish Sea?
I cant foresee an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland being enacted before the end of the transition period. You have obviously convinced yourself its going to happen but I don’t see it.
The Northern Ireland Protocol in the Withdrawal Agreement doesn’t set up an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Protocol does not even provide any provision for the creation of an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The creation of an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland would require an Act of Parliament and who is going to put forward that legislation,
Even if The International Border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland Bill was put forward, Gina Miller would be in the court faster than you can say “attention seeking sneering wazzock”. It would contravene all sorts of legislation not least the crucial notion of consent given by the Belfast Agreement.
So no, I cant see an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland happening in the coming months.
Seems to me the people playing `lets pretend` there will be an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland are doing nothing more than playing `lets pretend` in some sort of fantasy world they have invented for themselves as a coping mechanism.
Enjoy your delusion…. but seriously……try and be an adult if you can

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You've already proven you don't know the definition of democracy dearie.

My response, already given doesn't neatly fit into either of your scenarios - because there are more than 2 ways to approach this. I'm sorry that I have to count higher than 2 and i know it's problematic for you.

And yes, I know you'll try to gleam some form of victory by somehow claiming that because my answer hasn't fit into your ideal that it hasn't answered the question - but i'm ok with that; I'm comfortable with either side fighting for their corner if they feel strongly enough about it. I know, I know, someone has a different view and that's ok - most people understand that's possible. You'll get it some day.

Probably best you head to bed now, sounds like it's been a long night for you.

Lets simplify it to a level you can understand and take it slowly so you dont get confused and agitated.

Did you go into the vote booth with the knowledge that if you voted for Remain and Remain won the vote, the UK should according to the vote Remain in The EU

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What border in the Irish Sea?
I cant foresee an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland being enacted before the end of the transition period. You have obviously convinced yourself its going to happen but I don’t see it.
The Northern Ireland Protocol in the Withdrawal Agreement doesn’t set up an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Protocol does not even provide any provision for the creation of an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The creation of an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland would require an Act of Parliament and who is going to put forward that legislation,
Even if The International Border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland Bill was put forward, Gina Miller would be in the court faster than you can say “attention seeking sneering wazzock”. It would contravene all sorts of legislation not least the crucial notion of consent given by the Belfast Agreement.
So no, I cant see an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland happening in the coming months.
Seems to me the people playing `lets pretend` there will be an International border in The Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland are doing nothing more than playing `lets pretend` in some sort of fantasy world they have invented for themselves as a coping mechanism.
Enjoy your delusion…. but seriously……try and be an adult if you can

Who said 'International Border' ? That's an awful lot of typing you've done for something that was never said.

You do understand what a trade border entails ? :facepalm:

It's just occurred to me that because you have have always refused to tell anyone why you wanted to leave, it may actually have been because you wanted the Irish Sea Border and the reduction of food and animal welfare standards, in which case, you may be euphoric already.

Or maybe not, who knows ? Least of all you :lolol:

Maybe you should take that earlier advice from [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] and go to bed. After all, you're a winner and only a few more sleeps until you find out what you've won. I'm sure the excitement is building but you really should try and get some sleep.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Who said 'International Border' ? That's an awful lot of typing you've done for something that was never said.

You do understand what a trade border entails ? :facepalm:

It's just occurred to me that because you have have always refused to tell anyone why you wanted to leave, it may actually have been because you wanted the Irish Sea Border and the reduction of food and animal welfare standards, in which case, you may be euphoric already.

Or maybe not, who knows ? Least of all you :lolol:

Maybe you should take that earlier advice and go to bed.

You a bit simple chum.? If there is a trade border in the Irish sea, where are the Irish sea trade border checks. Trade checks at NI ports are not trade checks in the Irish Sea and non existent trade checks in the Irish Sea do not create an international border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You a bit simple chum.? If there is a trade border in the Irish sea, where are the Irish sea trade border checks. Trade checks at NI ports are not trade checks in the Irish Sea and non existent trade checks in the Irish Sea do not create an international border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland

And there you go with your 'International Borders' again.

You're really starting to get over excited. Come on winner, up those wooden stairs before the tantrums start :bigwave:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lets simplify it to a level you can understand and take it slowly so you dont get confused and agitated.

Did you go into the vote booth with the knowledge that if you voted for Remain and Remain won the vote, the UK should according to the vote Remain in The EU

Jesus it's like talking to a Dolphin. You've never taken a critical thinking class before have you?

I went into the vote with the view that whatever the outcome, if the swell of feeling was strong enough then what would happen would happen. is that simple enough for you to understand, or do i need to get the crayons out and scribble it on the wall for you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Jesus it's like talking to a Dolphin. You've never taken a critical thinking class before have you?

I went into the vote with the view that whatever the outcome, if the swell of feeling was strong enough then what would happen would happen. is that simple enough for you to understand, or do i need to get the crayons out and scribble it on the wall for you?

Don't you go getting him all excited again, he was halfway up those stairs punish:

(And I promised Pretty pink fairy first chew on the crayons once he'd gone to bed)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And there you go with your 'International Borders' again.

You're really starting to get over excited. Come on winner, up those wooden stairs before the tantrums start :bigwave:

In conclusion.....your international border theory in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a figment of your imagination. hardly surprising, if it was real there would be an Act of Parliament and it would probably have been on the news since it would be splitting the Union.........i wonder why no news outlet picked up your story the Union was going to fragment

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

But did you think if the swell of feeling was replicated in the vote and that swell was in favour of remaining in the EU then the UK should remain in the EU or was your view if the swell of the vote was in favour of remaining in the EU then the UK should do the opposite and Leave the EU.?

Cant be hard to answer that..........if you cant answer that simple question why did you bother voting at all

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In conclusion.....your international border theory in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a figment of your imagination. hardly surprising, if it was real there would be an Act of Parliament and it would probably have been on the news since it would be splitting the Union.........i wonder why no news outlet picked up your story the Union was going to fragment

Bedtime pasta. It's been a long night for you, so it's time to slip out of these:

polo-ralph-lauren-preppy-corduroy-pant-medium-124486.jpg

Pop your jim-jams on:

s-l300.jpg

Because it's time for pasta bye bye, time for pasta bye bye, time for pasta bye bye...............

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Which Union did you think is more under threat because of Brexit?

The Union of the Great Britain and NI or the European Union?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

grrrrr you're an angry man grrrrrr

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bedtime pasta. It's been a long night for you, so it's time to slip out of these:

View attachment 124611

Pop your jim-jams on:

View attachment 124612

Because it's time for pasta bye bye, time for pasta bye bye, time for pasta bye bye...............

Off to cut the hedge, can sleep later Tempting as it is to wear silk pj`s im going with shorts and my custom made albion adidas top

Which Union did you think is more under threat because of Brexit?

The Union of the Great Britain and NI or the European Union?

I doubt either is, but well done for winning the cretinous loaded irrelevant question of the day award........well played you, its not even lunchtime. Special going there champ.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But did you think if the swell of feeling was replicated in the vote and that swell was in favour of remaining in the EU then the UK should remain in the EU or was your view if the swell of the vote was in favour of remaining in the EU then the UK should do the opposite and Leave the EU.?

Cant be hard to answer that..........if you cant answer that simple question why did you bother voting at all

It can be hard, i've got to try and work out where the punctuation is.

If the swell of feeling was to stay, then we stay. If the swell of feeling was to leave, then we leave - but at no point should anyone just stop campaigning for what they believe in - which seems to be the point that you're not acknowledging. If you're happy living in a world where you just fall in line, then more power to your weakness, but to me someone feels strongly enough about it then they can fight for it - and if the feeling is enough within a group that is changes a vote, then that is democracy.

And I voted for the same reasons you did - because it's my right to vote. I'm just not up myself to think my vote matter more. Still, can't all be like you. Bedtime now, off you trot.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
All you needed to say ..............the vote was to Leave. the decision to leave had to be respected.

Ah, the old 'i'll read into it what I want to read' thing...not even quoting the full sentence either. Fallacy 101 there. Try reading it, or get the missus to help you with the long words.

You never did answer the question I put to you - any reason for that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here