Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know you have asked ppf that question but I want to answer. Of course we were concerned. It would have broken and destroyed democracy in this country. The people of this country do not like that.

I’ve said it before, I’m a Remainer, but who respected the result. I know many others of that ilk both on NSC and in my life.

I realise that Remoaners revelled for 3 years in the antics of a Remain Commons (all parties) to destroy the hopes of Brexiteers. To me it seemed sly, only the LibDems truly coming clean about ‘their game’. Corbyn also furtive, as a career opponent of the EEC/EC/EU, he tried to screw Brexiteers, playing party politics to hamper May and Johnson governments.

10pm on Thursday 12th December was a key moment in UK history, as the BBC/ITV/Sky jointly announced a Tory landslide with near certainty, Labour obliterated. Decisively bringing the uncertainty on every political front to abrupt end.

That must’ve been a lovely moment for you?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I’ve said it before, I’m a Remainer, but who respected the result. I know many others of that ilk both on NSC and in my life.

I realise that Remoaners revelled for 3 years in the antics of a Remain Commons (all parties) to destroy the hopes of Brexiteers. To me it seemed sly, only the LibDems truly coming clean about ‘their game’. Corbyn also furtive, as a career opponent of the EEC/EC/EU, he tried to screw Brexiteers, playing party politics to hamper May and Johnson governments.

10pm on Thursday 12th December was a key moment in UK history, as the BBC/ITV/Sky jointly announced a Tory landslide with near certainty, Labour obliterated. Decisively bringing the uncertainty on every political front to abrupt end.

Seeing Labour strongholds and places that never ever voted anything other than Labour turn blue was a sight to behold. If that doesn't tell you something then nothing else will.
The true working class have spoken after being rejected by there labour MPs.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
2a63d28a371ff85045a397128998dbc6.jpg

Gone..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's no real surprise to see the thickest of the thick, here, tonight. Far too thick to even go out and celebrate 'winning', on the thickest night of their thick lives.
I'm happy to take a hit, if necessary, if it shows these ultimate thickies how thick they've been.
'Great Britain'? Nah, 'Thick Britain'.
Like a bunch of thick kids after too many e-numbers.
I cannot wait for the wailing and screaming.
Thick ********.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Seeing Labour strongholds and places that never ever voted anything other than Labour turn blue was a sight to behold. If that doesn't tell you something then nothing else will.
The true working class have spoken after being rejected by there labour MPs.

They are in for a very rude awakening.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you have doubts last year that it would never happen, with a Remain Commons majority doing all it could to keep us in EU?
A Remain Commons (and House of Lords), not to mention the whole of the establishment, Whitehall and all, not to mention an odious bullying Speaker who believed he had the sole entitlement to decide our country's future - I don't know about DF, but I certainly had doubts that it would happen in the face of all the chicanery.
Not going to come on here to gloat tonight, or to wave imaginary union flags in peoples' faces, but I will say I'm retiring to bed tonight very pleased - and relieved.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
A Remain Commons (and House of Lords), not to mention the whole of the establishment, Whitehall and all, not to mention an odious bullying Speaker who believed he had the sole entitlement to decide our country's future - I don't know about DF, but I certainly had doubts that it would happen in the face of all the chicanery.
Not going to come on here to gloat tonight, or to wave imaginary union flags in peoples' faces, but I will say I'm retiring to bed tonight very pleased - and relieved.

What do you mean by the establishment?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean

Should have been a lovely moment for every sane person in the UK. 3 years of trying to overturn a democtric decision causing the economy to flatline whilst sulking over not getting the decision they wanted was finally ended. I’m a Tory voter but havent been impressed with them for a few years but it wasn’t about them as a party, it was about finally ending the limbo we were in like it or not.

Out, move on and build rather than wave flags demonstrate and break the system of democracy we live under and voted under at the time. Why’s that not a lovely or even a good moment?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I must admit, so far Brexit has been a little disappointing.

I haven't seen a single unicorn or fairy, and my farts still smell like sh*t.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've always been impartial on leaving the EU and didn't vote either way, but for some people all the celebration reminds me of a VAR instance. We haven't actually scored our goal and have only vacated our EU offices.

We are still living by EU terms for the rest of this year with a deadline to get a good agreement. Surely all the celebrating is a bit premature until we actually know what deal we have?

It feels like some are celebrating a 0-0 draw at half time. I suspect that in the end the deal that we do get will be similar, in all but name, to the one we already have now, only without offices at the EU in Brussels.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually probably best to allow the thickets to gloat and think we’ve actually just “got Brexit done”.

Then when everything dies down we end up quietly settling for a BRINO in a years time. Not ideal and worse than what we have now, but at least not a real Brexit.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Do you really need to ask? Well, I guess from your previous posts filled with nothing but invective and abuse, I suppose you probably do. It's very well known by most people what is meant by 'the establishment' - I suggest you Google it.

I know what the establishment is. I just wanted to know what you meant by it. It is not too dificult to answer. People keep banding the term around. So please, what do you mean by it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here