Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It’s a Union flag, it is a Union Jack only when flown from the Jackstaff of a British warship..

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Difficult for some to recognise I guess. Most of course ignorant of our own culture and traditions. Thats why we are where we are politically.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Out of interest how are your emotions tonight remainers? I want visceral raw accounts not political arguments.

Earlier today I was pretty down, as you can see from my post on this thread. As I said it's a sad day for me personally, I feel I have more to lose than others.

However, I then decided to be proactive. I took a train into Barcelona and had a drink in Placa del Sol. I sat in sun with a beer on a beautiful January afternoon and contemplated my own situation. I live in one of the best cities in Europe (all thanks to my EU citizenship), I can still move around thanks to my wife, be that to her homeland (Greece) or perhaps to my business partner's country (Italy). Or maybe I'll find myself in Central Europe or Scandinavia. All these options are both possible and exciting to me.

I didn't feel so bad on the train back home but I do feel sorry for my children's generation back in the UK, who will be denied that possibility. The lack of Erasmus funding, research grants, mobility grants... everything that I believe made the EU a great thing to be a part of.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Earlier today I was pretty down, as you can see from my post on this thread. As I said it's a sad day for me personally, I feel I have more to lose than others.

However, I then decided to be proactive. I took a train into Barcelona and had a drink in Placa del Sol. I sat in sun with a beer on a beautiful January afternoon and contemplated my own situation. I live in one of the best cities in Europe (all thanks to my EU citizenship), I can still move around thanks to my wife, be that to her homeland (Greece) or perhaps to my business partner's country (Italy). Or maybe I'll find myself in Central Europe or Scandinavia. All these options are both possible and exciting to me.

I didn't feel so bad on the train back home but I do feel sorry for my children's generation back in the UK, who will be denied that possibility. The lack of Erasmus funding, research grants, mobility grants... everything that I believe made the EU a great thing to be a part of.

I too lived in Spain for a long time. Putting up with the cold I envy you now. However, you stay there. I would. On the other hand those that live here deserve to have their future the way they voted for. So be it.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I too lived in Spain for a long time. Putting up with the cold I envy you now. However, you stay there. I would. On the other hand those that live here deserve to have their future the way they voted for. So be it.

You asked how I was feeling, not the country. I answered you, I feel just fine.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I will be the one mooning towards Brussels with the biggest grin you have ever seen.

I'm on the beach with my tin hat and Lee Enfield. They don't like it up 'em.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Imagine a horror film with the intense mood music. This is how it must feel to rabid remainers. Where are you Lincoln Imp, Watford Zero, Mr Clamp and all the other pathetic suckers?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
What’s all this bollocks again on TV basicly making out that leave is a Tory policy because old people voted out and Labour is the remain party because youngsters and students all voted to stay in. How is the shit allowed to be spouted and unchallenged on national news.

Loads of out voters were traditional labour voters and plenty remain voters were typical Tory voters but now it’s being portrayed as and battle of the parties rather than what it was, a democratic vote. I voted remain and believe me I’m no labour supporter!

Conservatives basically getting blamed for carrying out the majorities decision and labour snp and other no mark parties trying to garner support when they would have had to do the same in the unlikely event they had the chance.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It is so laughable that all the mainstream channels refuse to broadcast live the mood in London. They did during all the remainers protests but of course they do not want live speaches from parliament square! Pathetic. 6 Mins left of that rotten EU cabal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Like a really shit nightmare New Year's Eve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here