Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yep, the Tories wanted the election focused on Brexit and the result? A thumping majority for the 'get Brexit done' party.

Yep, people have other motivations for casting their vote in a GE but as you have pointed out many times people also vote for other reasons in a referendum eg giving the government/establishment a kick. The Boris/Cummings combo have successfully won a referendum when most people thought they had little chance and won a thumping majority for the Tories not seen since the Thatcher days ..it would be a naive or foolish person who thought they couldn't win a second referendum. But we will never know ... the 'peoples' vote campaign failed, the parties and politicians intent on blocking Brexit failed, time to move on.

I am inclined to agree with nearly all of this; it is fairly argued. I am just disappointed that it ended with the standard, vague tory cliche, meaning little or nothing. An uncertain future is what Brexit supporters have bought into and we must accept it, but I doubt if 'moving on' is on the agenda for anyone, whatever the worn out expression suggests.....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder how many of the MPs who voted for the Withdrawal Agreement today have read it?
Who cares. It's happening. The people's vote of 2016 is finally being compiled with by 'our' government.

Nicely summarised. As you proudly boast, you don't know what you won and you don't care what you won. You won and that's all that matters.

So I guess it'll be a nice surprise when you finally find out what it is you have actually won :shootself

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You really have absolutely no idea the power that’s been handed to a very dangerous man.

Can you outline your “dangerous man” theory for me?

I read Churchill’s biography by “t’Boris” or “whor Boris” who is now cock of the north and, it seems to me, that Boris is modelling himself on Winston... going for unapologetic statesman status.

It’s a genuine question by the way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you outline your “dangerous man” theory for me?

I read Churchill’s biography by “t’Boris” or “whor Boris” who is now cock of the north and, it seems to me, that Boris is modelling himself on Winston... going for unapologetic statesman status.

It’s a genuine question by the way.

I think his attacks on the human rights act, the bbc and the powers of parliament are nothing short of dictatorial. There is only one reason to protect yourself from media scrutiny and deny parliament the right to question your actions and that is to get away with things you know would be at best unpopular and at worst, illegal.

I think he poses the greatest risk to our way of life since WW2.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think his attacks on the human rights act, the bbc and the powers of parliament are nothing short of dictatorial. There is only one reason to protect yourself from media scrutiny and deny parliament the right to question your actions and that is to get away with things you know would be at best unpopular and at worst, illegal.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji636]

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji636]

On our way.

Laugh it up. There's a lot of people in for a lot of nasty surprises once the smoke clears on Brexit. Deep down, you know it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Laugh it up. There's a lot of people in for a lot of nasty surprises once the smoke clears on Brexit. Deep down, you know it.

Ah, Baker lite has crawled out from under his stone, I wondered when he would put in an appearance. Lets hope he gets the kind of Brexit he deserves.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah, Baker lite has crawled out from under his stone, I wondered when he would put in an appearance. Lets hope he gets the kind of Brexit he deserves.

He's usually on a ban so I forget what a loathsome poster he is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think I'm right in saying Johnson-Cummings have floated appointing the higher judiciary posts rather than let judges elect from themselves, lots of dark, worrying things being mooted. Puts me in mind of the Jewish lady who phoned up James O'Brien during the election to say she was scared of Jeremy Corbyn getting in because she saw " Echos of the rise in Nazism in the 1930's " !!!! It seems now like most people were looking the wrong way !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
E9BBA219-428B-4CCF-A6C7-6FCD006C2E3F.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ok petal. We’ll send someone round in 5yrs to let you know if it’s safe to come out from behind the sofa.

Just because things are going your way for now doesn't make Johnson a good man and doesn't make you right. You need to learn to carry victory with a bit more poise. And it would behouth you not to declare anyone with concerns about having a serial liar, racist, homophobe, islamophobe, adulterer, law breaker and profiteer as PM, a petal or a snowflake.

As for the idea that this is going to be done and dusted in five years? Well, let's just say I don't wonder why people call you thick :smile:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Fair enough. I think he is justifiably suspicious of hard core Islam, self centred in orientation, interested in his legacy..actually his legacy is important that I expect fireworks and massive policy shifts to the centre.

His conduct as a man is awful. He is likely to drop a bollock or two in his personal life and press scrutiny is his absolute nemesis.

I think that Borisism is his target to equal or excel Blairism and Thatcherism.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fair enough. I think he is justifiably suspicious of hard core Islam, self centred in orientation, interested in his legacy..actually his legacy is important that I expect fireworks and massive policy shifts to the centre.

His conduct as a man is awful. He is likely to drop a bollock or two in his personal life and press scrutiny is his absolute nemesis.

I think that Borisism is his target to equal or excel Blairism and Thatcherism.

He is one of the very many that are. But he is one of the very few that have described them as letterboxes.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I find it hard to argue with you.

Thank goodness for that, now go have a great Christmas, Britain will soon be free from a corrupt empire, we live in the most tolerant and accepting nation on the planet,all is good,3 points for the Albion today will make a fabulous Christmas.

On our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank goodness for that, now go have a great Christmas, Britain will soon be free from a corrupt empire, we live in the most tolerant and accepting nation on the planet,all is good,3 points for the Albion today will make a fabulous Christmas.

On our way.

Deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here