Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm guessing you won't see the funny side of sitting waiting patiently for 3 years, then 'furiously venting your spleen', winning, and still not having any idea of when you will find out what it is you have actually 'won'.

No, I guessed not :smile:

Merry Christmas :xmas:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've posted a fair bit on here but I'll not even be reading it any more. Its a dead parrot. I hope I'll be posting more about football and tits and that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
1. Houses of Parliament are no longer fit for purpose hand over to the national trust
2. Build new Parliment in the Midlands
3. Adjacent to new Parliment build hotel, offices, exercise,security and press facilities
4. Every sitting MP gets room and office facilities for their exclusive use while an MP
5. Ban second homes
6. Ban expences pay each MP a decent £100,000 salary
7. Ban political party donations parties can only raise money through membership
8. Political parties to receive funds from the state to undertake elections amount based upon membership numbers
9.Change the voting system to proportional system
10. Second house to be elected
11. Individuals who want to become an MP can only do so if they have held a previous paid work for ten years
12. Individuals who wish to stand for the second house can only do so if they have a minimum of twenty years paid work
13. MPs and second house ministers can not hold any other paid work while in office
14. MPs and second house ministers can not take up paid work related to their ministerial for five years after leaving politics
15.All Political parties can not make statements that include statistics unless they come from one source

16 Politicians must state their objectives (like a business plan) and be measured on the success or failure
17 MPs who hold office at a cabinet level do not represent a constituency because generally they do FA for them..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A grim result for your lot ..... what went wrong?

A clear majority message from one side for Get Brexit Done and a muddled mess from others from outright revoking to yet another referendum,which could return Leave again or Remain, with differences even on that of backing remain or remaining neutral.
The voters have clearly had enough and have issued a clear instruction(yet again). Time to put this to bed, Get Brexit Done and get the withdrawal over the line.

BR2019.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A clear majority message from one side for Get Brexit Done and a muddled mess from others from outright revoking to yet another referendum,which could return Leave again or Remain, with differences even on that of backing remain or remaining neutral.
The voters have clearly had enough and have issued a clear instruction(yet again). Time to put this to bed, Get Brexit Done and get the withdrawal over the line.

View attachment 118192

Rubbish table, and a little bit unnecessary now

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Rubbish table, and a little bit unnecessary now

Sort of gets to the heart of the question that was being replied to (what went wrong?).
Get brexit done resonated with the public and has a clear majority over differing standpoints from those who were not offering to get brexit done.
The voters made their choice.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sort of gets to the heart of the question that was being replied to (what went wrong?).
Get brexit done resonated with the public and has a clear majority over differing standpoints from those who were not offering to get brexit done.
The voters made their choice.

you and i have exchanged 'blows' on this thread but it is clear to me that the majority of people who have voted want to leave the EU so that's where we are, i just hope it is as good as leavers expect it will be and much better than i (and other remainers) think it will be. I will be happy only when I am proved wrong and given the result hopefully will be proved wrong. But time to focus on other key matters such as the NHS and ensuring the promises made are kept.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
you and i have exchanged 'blows' on this thread but it is clear to me that the majority of people who have voted want to leave the EU so that's where we are, i just hope it is as good as leavers expect it will be and much better than i (and other remainers) think it will be. I will be happy only when I am proved wrong and given the result hopefully will be proved wrong. But time to focus on other key matters such as the NHS and ensuring the promises made are kept.

I doubt if you will be proved wrong tbh
Ask a leaver what they want, and what they expect. They have no fecking clue.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bizarre comment, is there a geographical exclusion zone to free speech? Also, have you asked the same question of daveinprague?

@%1;

It wasn't a particularly serious comment.......

....... And at least daveinprague is in Europe.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Yoda

English & European

View attachment 118192

SNP & LIB Dem's also backed a second referendum, so you could say 50.3% voted in favour of that (This does of course go up with Plaid added, I do not know what Sinn Fein's stance on this was but they did campaign against Brexit).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bizarre comment, is there a geographical exclusion zone to free speech? Also, have you asked the same question of daveinprague?

It’s an interesting position to take, that you should only comment on the affairs of your country if you are physically present at that moment.

I think it may be a reference to expats. I am confused now I thought freedom of movement for people and a less border fixated world was a good thing. I really can’t keep up these days.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So, what do you expect from the future following Brexit? Any idea?

Yes. That's why I voted for it.

Along with several million others. But you are too blinded by your own point of view and bias that you would not even hear what I have to say.

There are 100, 000 posts on this tread and still the name calling, insults and entrenched points of view goes on.

Nothing you can say to me would change my vote as it was 3.5 years ago and nor would it change my mind if it came to another vote. Its pretty obvious from your posts that this is reciprocal and no matter what I say, Leavers will never know what they want and expect in your head.

I suggest you try and understand that others have a different idea and point of view to yours. Insulting them does nothing to change anyone's opinion. You won't agree with their point of view, but you could understand that there is another way to look at the same thing.

Bit like being a Palarse supporter, I don't agree with it, I don't understand why someone would follow them, but I understand that others could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here