Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Disappointed I can understand but the other two ------- really:moo:

I've spent much of the day talking to Polish and Czech immigrant friends who after more than a decade of hard work and service to their UK communities have been left feeling devalued and unwanted and they and their children subject to verbal abuse.
Ashamed and embarrassed doesn't do justice to how I feel tbh

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think the Humber bridge was part funded by the EU, why wasn't there an advert saying if the EU grant put the money in for this bridge,it wouldn't have reached the other side. A bit of humour, take the mickey out of Farage a bit, God knows there's enough ammunition there, but no, all we got was threats, half truths and pessimistic prophecy.
I feel it ain't going to be easy, but to keep bashing people over the head with that was never work

The EU can not, will not sell itself. They don't need to because the people at the top don't fear the people. So all we ever hear it what's wrong with the EU.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because at the end of the day, we need the EU more than the EU needs us.
I agree, but that doesn't matter. It's like saying one partner needs their spouse more than their spouse needs them - so what, you work on an equal footing, you don't get a divorce just because it will hurt the other party more. If we offer the EU the same trade deal as we have now, take it or leave it, they will have to take it. If they don't, the EU will collapse - please explain to me why you think that is nonsense.

Plus of course, they KNOW we have to leave because the people have said so. No ifs or buts. We can't say "well actually we won't leave because you're being mean to us with regard to trade negotiations." They will just say "tough, that's how it is. Now toddle off and whinge to your own people about it and see how far you get"
What are you talking about? We leave, but we still need to do a trade deal with the EU.

Our former partners hold all the aces.
You don't seem to get it. It's like you need 2 lots of medicine from me, or you'll die, and I need 1 lot of medicine from you or I'll die - which one of us holds the aces? Neither. You won't give me the medicine I need unless I give you both lots.

You underestimate how much the EU need us. Yes, it would be worse for us if there was no trade deal, but it would be so bad for the EU too that it makes no difference it's worse for us. The deal is that we trade as we have before. Take it or leave it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The EU can not, will not sell itself. They don't need to because the people at the top don't fear the people. So all we ever hear it what's wrong with the EU.

I went to Dublin about 15 years ago, everywhere were poster saying things like, this road was part funded by the EU, built in partnership with the Irish Government, so someone does advertise it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
replace embarrassed with humiliated !!!!!!:whistle:
regards
DR

Good word choice. Yes indeed but it would have to be a fourth word and that's against the rules.
Humiliated by association with some of the filth that has come out of the woodwork in recent months.
Until you've been a part of or worked with minority communities you may find that difficult to appreciate albeit you might have witnessed the abuse which too many good people have suffered through this damaging campaign. Perhaps you view it like football "Bantz" and forget that this is the real world.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think the Humber bridge was part funded by the EU, why wasn't there an advert saying if the EU grant hadn't put the money in for this bridge,it wouldn't have reached the other side. A bit of humour, take the mickey out of Farage a bit, God knows there's enough ammunition there, but no, all we got was threats, half truths and pessimistic prophecy.
I feel it ain't going to be easy, but to keep bashing people over the head with that was never work

Why are you quoting your:mad:self?Did you forget who you'd logged in as,or are you just desperate for attention,or just desperate?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I went to Dublin about 15 years ago, everywhere were poster saying things like, this road was part funded by the EU, built in partnership with the Irish Government, so someone does advertise it.

Exactly the same as when I lived in Greece. This road was built with X amount of EU money. I don't know if it was EU or UK policy not to advertise places that received EU money. It's common knowledge that Wales gets a lot, and they voted out. So I don't know.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Well the EU doesn't generate any money of its own-wonder where that money came from?The Tooth Fairy?Charitable donations?Or from taxpayers?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Exactly the same as when I lived in Greece. This road was built with X amount of EU money. I don't know if it was EU or UK policy not to advertise places that received EU money. It's common knowledge that Wales gets a lot, and they voted out. So I don't know.

The Greeks I spoke to whilst on holiday hate the EU with a vengeance

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I think the Humber bridge was part funded by the EU, why wasn't there an advert saying if the EU grant hadn't put the money in for this bridge,it wouldn't have reached the other side. A bit of humour, take the mickey out of Farage a bit, God knows there's enough ammunition there, but no, all we got was threats, half truths and pessimistic prophecy.

A very good point.

How many EU leaders even VISITED Britain to help the remain campaign? None.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Did you never stop and think where the EU got the money from?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The Greeks I spoke to whilst on holiday hate the EU with a vengeance

Oh yes. At tills, they still show how much things are in the Drachma. They hate Germany. And are desperate to go bankrupt. They want to start again. All they are doing at the moment is borrowing money to pay off last months debt. And things are cut and cut and cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here