Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=16308]JamesM[/MENTION]elville

The DUP are now on board for a Second EU Referendum. An amendment for a Second Referendum (Brexit Deal v Remain) will be tabled next week. And based on the Letwin amendment parliamentary votes - it looks likely that it would win a parliamentary majority. Game on.

[tweet] https://twitter.com/jamesmelville/status/1185605845440180231?s=21[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris / EU confirm extension letter is going tonight.

Yet another lie then …. The BBC ... But Mr Johnson told MPs: "I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so."

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I did see in recent interviews that the EU were sad to see us go, but had left a chair for us if we want to come back.

So if the EU experts are correct and we have to come back home with our tails between legs, then so be it.

However, if we do unexpectedly better than the experts think...……………………….

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yet another lie then …. The BBC ... But Mr Johnson told MPs: "I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so."
He won't negotiate it.

If the EU set any conditions on an extension, he'll either not answer or do what the Benn Act says in that situation.

He's sent the letter and done the minimum.

He is bound by law as to what he has to do ie accept an extension if granted, and won't do anything more.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can see civil unrest very soon as these absolute tools could not arrange a piss up in a brewery. It all smells of a stitch up. Brexit will not happen as the mps will simplly not allow it to happen

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The issue was how insanely vague the first vote was. “Leave” meant 10,000 different things. Hence people voting against May’s deal 3 times.

Make this referendum Remain vs Johnson’s deal - whichever wins is implemented immediately. Really simple, gets it over with once and for all.

It’s also very standard procedures in modern democracies to have a confirmatory referendum of this nature.

And what happens if it’s 52% in favour of Boris’s deal?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can see civil unrest very soon as these absolute tools could not arrange a piss up in a brewery. It all smells of a stitch up. Brexit will not happen as the mps will simplly not allow it to happen
Another referendum would be just as bad.

Re-opening the wound and pouring in gallons more poison.

And if Remain then won it by a thin majority, then Farage will be heading for the level of power and influence that this country really doesn't need.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And what happens if it’s 52% in favour of Boris’s deal?

The law must be changed regarding the next referendum to ensure that the deal is law as soon as the winning result is announced. The official ‘leave’ should be the day after the referendum - all pre-planned and prepared for in accordance to Boris’ deal. We can’t have another advisory referendum, it would create more chaos than last time!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Another referendum would be just as bad.

Re-opening the wound and pouring in gallons more poison.

And if Remain then won it by a thin majority, then Farage will be heading for the level of power and influence that this country really doesn't need.

I do fear you are correct on that last point. What I don't understand is why people vote for him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The law must be changed regarding the next referendum to ensure that the deal is law as soon as the winning result is announced. The official ‘leave’ should be the day after the referendum - all pre-planned and prepared for in accordance to Boris’ deal. We can’t have another advisory referendum, it would create more chaos than last time!

So they have a vote to pass said law?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As there are a few leavers out on the board tonight can any of you care to give a quick run down of the benefits of leaving, how as a whole people will be TANGIBLY better off. Quick 5 to 10 points would be good.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is surely clear now our mps will simply never going to allow brexit to happen. It is NOT happening. They have blocked every single chance to do so therefore we need to call it as it is. Brexit will never ever happen as the mps will block every single chance. What that does to democracy is another thing and the aftermath who knows but I can see a lot of shit in the future

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here