Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The problem is on both sides, people are convinced that any figures or statements are fake news, or project fear or down right lies.

There will never be consensus!

That is the really worrying bit about all of this....and I think people are either fed up with all of this, or genuinely worried about our future.

So give 'the people' some realistic and valid options in a 2nd referendum.

If the Leave contingent is so strong, it will win, so they have nothing to worry about.

I have a bit of faith in people, as a whole, and I believe that rather than be 'fed up', they will be 'genuinely worried'.

As they should be.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes David Cameron truly opened Pandora's box and any notion of reuniting our country (and keeping the union together) seems a long way off whatever view point one may hold.

Btw, on another tack, did you know in Ancient Greece, Pandora’s Box, or their equivalent, is woman!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yes David Cameron truly opened Pandora's box and any notion of reuniting our country (and keeping the union together) seems a long way off whatever view point one may hold.

he's just fast forwarded the future

united Ireland

Independant Scotland

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
That is seriously pompous but also suggests you simply cant support your statements. Shame, because I am always open to learning different views and, if persuaded, modifying my own. Clearly not going to happen from you.

Welcome to the world of a leave voter on this thread, patronising, condescending, cerebrally challenged, remainiac zealots questioning your intelligence/integrity unable to process the fact people can have a different view for entirely legitimate reasons.

Seconded, soundly.

Strangely [MENTION=5724]abc[/MENTION] is being agreed with by the leavers who are the happiest and most likely to dish out the insults.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How to be a good father by Jacob Rees Moog.

1. Dress you son up as a mini-me version of yourself and march him through an angry remainer crowd.

2. Make lots of Political capital from it in order to paint remainers in the same light as the right wing nastiest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So give 'the people' some realistic and valid options in a 2nd referendum.

we've heard the past couple of years how 17m didnt know what they were voting for. why on earth would giving them more options make this any clearer?

unless maybe there is a transferable vote system, where preferences for options are all counted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's what it will end up as unless the Tories can somehow appease Scotland and Unionists.

The DUP are saying tonight they would now rather help to derail Brexit completely than threaten the Union.

They are very very angry.
I hope we withdraw their bung now, and use the magic money tree for something else.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
we've heard the past couple of years how 17m didnt know what they were voting for. why on earth would giving them more options make this any clearer?

unless maybe there is a transferable vote system, where preferences for options are all counted.

I would suggest that a lot on both sides of the fence didn't know, so the best thing to do now is to hope that folk of both persuasion have learned a little/lot more during the past few years, and give them an informed voting opportunity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A majority in Wales voted leave, over a million Scots voted leave, 44% in NI voted to leave, continually trying to misrepresent this as a 'Little Englander project' is both tiresome and factually incorrect.

66.jpg

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I would suggest that a lot on both sides of the fence didn't know, so the best thing to do now is to hope that folk of both persuasion have learned a little/lot more during the past few years, and give them an informed voting opportunity.

Would not the Leave vote be split in a second referendum .Maybe there should be different types of Remain for example a Remain where we try to reform the EU as Cameron use to say or one where we have the Euro currency or European Army . If there was 3 types of Leave and 3 Remain it would be fair ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How to be a good father by Jacob Rees Moog.

1. Dress you son up as a mini-me version of yourself and march him through an angry remainer crowd.

2. Make lots of Political capital from it in order to paint remainers in the same light as the right wing nastiest.

Corrected for accuracy

1.) Let your son dress how he wants and walk where he wants.

2.) Stand up to extremists trying to intimidate and abuse people.

3.) Don't abort a child just because it's inconvenient or a mistake.

4.) Provide a loving stable home.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
But you could do one of those for those who voted remain and it’d look similar. It proves nothing.

No vote = no voice.

An awful lot more may well vote, now, given the last few years to see the pros and cons.
It could easily increase the Remain or Leave vote, by a significant amount.
Perhaps it's the democratic way forward...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's what it will end up as unless the Tories can somehow appease Scotland and Unionists.

The DUP are saying tonight they would now rather help to derail Brexit completely than threaten the Union.

They are very very angry.

Surely that's their default position ? Although occasionally It will be NO !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here