Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think that leaver Jezza should have voted May's deal through rather than run the risk of us now CRASHING out without a deal, as he so eloquently puts it. :lolol::lolol:

You're not very good at thinking when it comes to Brexit though. You ignore The ERG, other Tory rebels, The DUP, The SNP - and blame everything on Corbyn.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not blaming. Simply pointing out that this could have been done and dusted yonks ago, had Jezza given it his blessing.

Trouble is for the past year all he has been pushing for is an election and when the chance finally came he bottled it due to the polls and the need to come up with another plan to win over his leave constituency's

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not blaming. Simply pointing out that this could have been done and dusted yonks ago, had Jezza given it his blessing.

It's the same thing. The person you point out is Corbyn. Not The ERG, not the Tory rebels, not The DUP, not The SNP, not even current cabinet ministers who voted against it.

Typical Brexit mindset - always the victim, never your fault.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's the same thing. The person you point out is Corbyn. Not The ERG, not the Tory rebels, not The DUP, not The SNP, not even current cabinet ministers who voted against it.

But Shirley it was an ideal opportunity to stick 2 fingers up to JRM and the other hardcore Leavers by taking the slightly gentler, May option.

What a feather in his cap that would have been, and a lovely one at that.

220px-Jeremy_Corbyn_(405506730).jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But Shirley it was an ideal opportunity to stick 2 fingers up to JRM and the other hardcore Leavers by taking the slightly gentler, May option.

What a feather in his cap that would have been.

They weren't voting for no deal by voting against May's Withdrawal Agreement, anymore than The ERG, The DUP, The SNP or current cabinet ministers who voted against were. They voted against May's Withdrawal Agreement, nothing else.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They weren't voting for no deal by voting against May's Withdrawal Agreement, anymore than The ERG, The DUP, The SNP or current cabinet ministers who voted against were. They voted against May's Withdrawal Agreement, nothing else.

Logical consequences are the scarecrows of fools and the beacons of wise men - Thomas Huxley

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Trouble is for the past year all he has been pushing for is an election and when the chance finally came he bottled it due to the polls and the need to come up with another plan to win over his leave constituency's

Only partially. There was also the very real risk of Johnson using an election to force through a No Deal by stealth, which has always been against Labour policy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that leaver Jezza should have voted May's deal through rather than run the risk of us now CRASHING out without a deal, as he so eloquently puts it. [emoji38]ol:[emoji38]ol:
There is a lot of merit in that.

So Labour negotiated some add ons ( workers rights, environmental safeguards, customs union until the next election when the next Parliament could decide [ backstop in place ] etc. etc. ).

But May resigned ( was pushed ) before Parliament could vote on the new package.

I reckon May was pushed by the headbangers because of the Labour add-ons to her deal.

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah you won. And you definitely showed everyone your towering intellect with witty quips like ‘remoaners’. That really added a lot to the complex conversation regarding the future of our country. Good job :thumbsup:

Check out the many insults from the many Remoaners bro and then shut it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Only partially. There was also the very real risk of Johnson using an election to force through a No Deal by stealth, which has always been against Labour policy.
You say there is a Labour policy on Brexit?:ohmy:

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
Wrong as usual.
Your posts are extremely needy and very juvenile, just like Mouldy Boots, maybe it's a coincidence.
Why are you trying to guess my profession this is not what's my line.
You sound extremely angry and frustrated tonight, did you burst your sex doll?

I just figured taking into account your language in that post that you are some kind of an uneducated thug.Are you a solicitor?Crazy I know.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Check out the many insults from the many Remoaners bro and then shut it.

You're definitely not me as I always write remoaners un-capitalised to emphasise their unimportance!Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Goliath

Oct 7, 2019
I hate this who were you before stuff.I get it every time I have a new name.For the record Remoaners I haven't had a membership since last year.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What about leavers who want a deal and in no circumstances want *no deal* ?

Leamoanvers ?

I like that. From this moment on, I am that tribe.

I dunno, sounds a bit too French for many of the Leave contingent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hate this who were you before stuff.I get it every time I have a new name.For the record Remoaners I haven't had a membership since last year.

You're just a flouncing snowflake that puts forward a stong opinion that when challenged you're terribly offended by all the supposed insults. I note you didn't reply once to any post that actual addressed your opinions, you really have only been concerned with taking offense.

:flounce::flounce::flounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here