Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Yoda

English & European
Does it have to be the government lose by a % or just a straight 1 more vote would suffice.for the vote to carry and cause the government to fall.

A majority of 1 is all that would be needed.

Then, Corbyn could put his name forward as a temporary PM with the full backing of Labour & SNP (may be all that is required for a working minority as that would be only 6 less seats than the Tories have overall), extend A50, and call a GE.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My point is the vast majority of remainers feel they are vastly superior/intelligent to a leaver.

Unfortunately, anyone who hangs around Westminster with a megaphone trying to disrupt, political broadcasts could be a bit of a NUT JOB.

Another clue is he comes from Port Talbot.

:hilton::sheep::drama:

I think many Leavers didn't actually exercise their brains when making the choice in the Referendum, be honest with yourself. You probably still believe a load of bollocks about the EU, because you can't be arsed to check.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My point is the vast majority of remainers feel they are vastly superior/intelligent to a leaver.

Unfortunately, anyone who hangs around Westminster with a megaphone trying to disrupt, political broadcasts could be a bit of a NUT JOB.

Another clue is he comes from Port Talbot.

You wonder why remainers think they are smarter than leavers when you continue to offer up this constant flow of drivel.
But you are far from alone.
I mean, come on,you are bringing up an eccentric single person who does no harm.
Even you could surely do a bit better than that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A majority of 1 is all that would be needed.

Then, Corbyn could put his name forward as a temporary PM with the full backing of Labour & SNP (may be all that is required for a working minority as that would be only 6 less seats than the Tories have overall), extend A50, and call a GE.

Thank you. I think that is the plan in order to derail Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you imagine the smell of boiling gammon if Brexit is delayed again and Corbyn gets PM?! Oh happy day!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
According to Alex Wickham on Twitter, Opposition parties met today and (currently) there will be no Vote of No Confidence this week. They want more of the Government's papers published, and whips will meet to see if there is any consensus as to who could be a caretaker PM, as the Lib Dems won't back Corbyn.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Alex Wickham on Twitter, Opposition parties met today and (currently) there will be no Vote of No Confidence this week. They want more of the Government's papers published, and whips will meet to see if there is any consensus as to who could be a caretaker PM, as the Lib Dems won't back Corbyn.

At least they have got 1 thing right, no sane person would back him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

To be fair mouldy, that is a gross exaggeration.

Whilst the view of “ Getting our country back” was certainly a strong message and to people who didn’t actually know what it meant, be they leaver or remainer, it was presented as taking our country back to “ when it was great” again. No one really knows when that actually was because if we are suggesting that it was before getting into to common market, that would have been the 50’s and 60’s. Well history shows us that the 50’s was racked with rationing and rebuilding the country with the help of billions of $ from america which had to be paid back, so that leaves the 60’s, the time of Vietnam and student uprisings all over the world and the dismantling of out colonial past....so it’s not really that then. The 40’s were war years and all that misery and the 20’s and 30’s years of stock market crashes, huge unemployment and extreme poverty

So are we talking about the Victorian era when we had a huge empire that serviced this country...is that what people want now? Well that is long gone.

I don’t think the majority of leavers are thick, far from it. Do I think that they took a decision based on things on the side of busses, billboards of 1 million Turks about to come to our country, too many Eastern European’s taking “ our” jobs....very possibly. Do I think that a lot of the “ establishment” saw it as a way of making a killing in the financial markets like Rees Mogg, then again Yes that is plausible. There is no doubt that certain “ facts” were not available, especially the nOrther Ireland border as an example and the fact that the UK could have chosen not to implement some of the dictats like free movement and border controls, but we chose to follow the EU rules in their entirety. France and Germany didn’t.

I also think that the nightly feed of “ migrants and refugees” heading through Europe did have an effect on people who maybe had thought that “ we were full” and couldn’t take anymore...and of course there was the nightly stories of lorries being attacked and migrants jumping on them.

It is not as simple as people being thick, it is more about clever manipulation of what people see on their TVs and hear on the radio. Certainly and no one can really dispute that certain parts of this country had a disproportionate amount of migration...certainly parts of the east of England like Peterborough and Lincoln felt they had become over run with Eastern Europeans, unless of course the people they interviewed were all plants and that was fake news!

So I don’t think you are thick, you just have a different point of view to me and a lot of people who think that leaving the EU may do more harm than good. But of course only time will tell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At least they have got 1 thing right, no sane person would back him.
He's not quite as bad as Johnson though - the worst Prime Minister in living memory - and yet some people quite bizarrely back him.

Absolutely baffling that a proven incompetent liar and bully with no morals in any sphere seems to have your respect.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wow, counting paper clips has obviously turned you stupid ! So, here, just for you and Child of Sussex, is my POV :

1. May was shit
2. May's deal was shit
3. Boris is even worse than May but not as bad as Corbyn
4. I don't 'want' a no deal so your "you are getting what you wanted" is a load of crap
5. Provide me a good deal for me to comment on - it's not my responsibility to provide this
6. A good deal shouldn't tie us to anything that needs the EU to provide 'permission' for us to get out
7. More than happy to take the responsibility for voting leave. Even if it means some short term pain to the UK …. or even me

There, is that what you were so desperately seeking with you dozens of 'mentions' ? Now maybe you'll admit how desperate you are for attention. So desperate you even post while out to dinner !

EDIT - and of course, you claim you know what I want and then claim I haven't said what I want :facepalm: Going senile in your retirement ?

If I understand correctly, you voted for the 'good deal' that was promised by the Leave campaign but you (and the Leave campaign) are unable to provide any outline of what this would look like. But it definitely does exist because you/they said so, and even though none of you can explain it, it definitely couldn't have been fantasy aimed at the gullible and naive ?

So when you voted at the referendum for this 'good deal' you were fully aware it hadn't, and still hasn't been defined. Besides, which it was apparently going to be somebody else's (undefined) responsibility to define it, but you still knew exactly what you were voting for ?

But now nobody can define it, you just sit there shouting SHIT and NO to every other leave option put in front of you, but offering no alternative. You can't even explain a solution that would meet the red lines that you have defined yourself. Christ, even [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] had a better idea of what he voted for than you.

So now you haven't got and aren't getting your 'good deal' you have had to go back to your stated position of rather have 'no deal' if we can't get a 'good deal' and that is exactly what Johnson is trying to give you.

But you definitely 'haven't been played' :nono:

And you really shouldn't knock the little people who sell paperclips. We all have to make a living and we can't all be mega successful property developers and business consultants ???

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To be fair mouldy, that is a gross exaggeration.

Whilst the view of “ Getting our country back” was certainly a strong message and to people who didn’t actually know what it meant, be they leaver or remainer, it was presented as taking our country back to “ when it was great” again. No one really knows when that actually was because if we are suggesting that it was before getting into to common market, that would have been the 50’s and 60’s. Well history shows us that the 50’s was racked with rationing and rebuilding the country with the help of billions of $ from america which had to be paid back, so that leaves the 60’s, the time of Vietnam and student uprisings all over the world and the dismantling of out colonial past....so it’s not really that then. The 40’s were war years and all that misery and the 20’s and 30’s years of stock market crashes, huge unemployment and extreme poverty

So are we talking about the Victorian era when we had a huge empire that serviced this country...is that what people want now? Well that is long gone.

The vast majority of leavers are prone to gross exaggeration.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's not quite as bad as Johnson though - the worst Prime Minister in living memory - and yet some people quite bizarrely back him.

Absolutely baffling that a proven incompetent liar and bully with no morals in any sphere seems to have your respect.

Unlike Corbyn he has Britain in his heart and everything he does is to promote that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unlike Corbyn he has Britain in his heart and everything he does is to promote that.
You see, this is the sort of complete nonsense that too many people are prepared to just swallow.

He is an immoral liar. Getting away from politics, he even has kids he barely admits to having because they were from flings whilst being unfaithful. Of course he lies about everything in politics too, but that doesn't matter apparently because somehow he is different from every other politician in that he only tells lies for the good of Britain. ??? Give me strength.

You say "Unlike Corbyn", I'd be interested to know what you mean by that. How exactly is Corbyn not doing everything he does with Britain at heart then?

You need to take a step back and look at the man you seem to hold up at some sort of hero. He's far from that - he's an awful awful man who is completely unfit for office.

This is spot on I'm afraid.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
unlike corbyn he has britain in his heart and everything he does is to promote that.

ha ha ha ha ha ha

IN JUST THE LAST FEW DAYS:

1) Is facing accusations of sexual touching.
2) Has been reported to the Police authorities for an alleged irregular relationship with an American business women.

Bang on about Corbyn, Remainers , The Courts blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

HE ISN'T FIT FOR PUBLIC OFFICE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here