Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Today doesn't change a thing people. It is still the same old EU. They put these ridiculous laws in place and the British follow them to the letter, it is what we do. The French and all that other lot, well they just say meh and carry on as they have always done, so in the end it is only us who are doing things by the book.

When we take back control we will be able to set our own laws and follow them, except when they are not the will of the people, or if we inconveniently neglected to tell the truth or it doesn't suit our warped view of the world, or if it inconveniences our friends.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Chris Grayling says it's a mind boggling decision.

I never thought I would agree with Chris Grayling...………….

………. but his reasons for the mind-bogglingness are no doubt COMPLETELY different to mine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sooner we are out of Europe and no longer being governed by undemocratic, unelected, beaurocrats, running roughshod over MY sovereign democracy, the happier I'll be.

Leave means Leave

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Interesting Tweet from the "populist" Farage

"The calling of a Queen's Speech and prorogation is the worst political decision ever. Dominic Cummings must go."

Suggests sacrificing Cummings to keep Johnson. The Tory party if there is anyone still capable, need to thing very carefully about this one. It won't be chickens following Johnson around the country, but "firefighters" looking to extinguish his pants.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A remainer who would choose Boris Johnson over Jeremy Corbyn has a blind spot as far as I'm concerned. As you said, the current cabinet are totally unfit for office. They are lying incompetents to a man (and woman) and in many cases have chosen personal career progression at the expense of principals and the good of the nation. They are absolutely shameful and I'll let the likes of Corbyn and Abbott make their mistakes on tax rates all day long if the alternative is the contempt of the "ruling classes" running the Tories.

Sim, in an ideal world, I wouldn't want either man as PM.
However, as they say, we are where we are and as shitty as the state of politics in this country may be, I would greatly fear a Corbyn Government. As was mooted some time ago, perhaps a Government of National Unity could provide a temporary solution to the mess we are in........... with someone other than Corbyn as acting PM.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Today doesn't change a thing people. It is still the same old EU. They put these ridiculous laws in place and the British follow them to the letter, it is what we do. The French and all that other lot, well they just say meh and carry on as they have always done, so in the end it is only us who are doing things by the book.

When we take back control we will be able to set our own laws and follow them, except when they are not the will of the people, or if we inconveniently neglected to tell the truth or it doesn't suit our warped view of the world, or if it inconveniences our friends.

I would rather the EU were in total charge (which they have never been) than the current bunch of incompetent fascists. And I use the word fascist deliberately and knowingly - fascist not to the extent of exterminating large numbers of people, but Fascist in the ways they are seeking to bypass the laws of our own country.

And they are not very good at being Fascist either!

And if anyone starts waving the words democratic/undemocratic around as an argument against this decision, the decision itself is precisely about our legal and government system doing what it is supposed to do, which ironically is part of what BREXIT was meant to do.

As Bette Davis once said. "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes he should. BUT, where the hell does that then leave us!? Rewinding 3 months to the start of the Tory leadership elections again??

Surely time for a government formed in the national interest?

I think we are getting to/have got to that point...…. but it won't happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting Tweet from the "populist" Farage

"The calling of a Queen's Speech and prorogation is the worst political decision ever. Dominic Cummings must go."

Suggests sacrificing Cummings to keep Johnson. The Tory party if there is anyone still capable, need to thing very carefully about this one. It won't be chickens following Johnson around the country, but "firefighters" looking to extinguish his pants.

Farage said it was a good decision when it was made.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Have you ever visited planet earth?
That is the most ridiculous comment.
It had nothing to do with the French or EU it was between Johnson, the government and Gina Millar in the highest British court of law.
But I do understand that you have blown a gasket.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
He will not resign, and shouldnt, but what will he do is the question.

He probably should go, the Supreme Court ruling would in normal times be more than enough. If they had stated 'the Government misled the Queen' I think he'd certainly have to go. They didn't say that, so it gives Johnson a plank to hold on to in the maelstrom.

What will he do? He'll bluster, say he loves that we have the best courts in the world but he disagrees with them, but we're still going to leave on the 31st and be all the better for it. He'll carry on being a dreadful person and an appalling Prime Minister.

Cummings resigning is probably quite likely, I think Johnson will be ousted before the 31st, after which he would have resigned anyway if we hadn't left the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fought the law and the law won.

image.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He will not resign, and shouldnt, but what will he do is the question.

You think it is correct for the Prime Minister to be a lying criminal? Genuinely? This is what the Tories have stooped to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here