Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So to stop a hard left Government, we should elect a hard right one ? (It's interesting that you should think that my views are entrenched but yours are not, I haven't voted for a labour candidate at any election in the last 10 years !).

Or are you suggesting the conservative MPs who have been kicked out for trying to keep the Union together are left wing extremists as well ?

See my reply to Nicko.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Over to John Bercow on what to do next then. Will he put 'Boris' on the naughty step?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tory MP saying that this decision is totally undemocratic.
Lost for words on that one.
Brexit is well and truly stuck now more than ever.
There is a chance now that the fuse could now be lit with civil unrest, it has been building for some time and this could tip it over the edge as people will dig their heals in more than ever.
So, if they go back, the government benches will be empty as they will be at their conference.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Andrew Brigden. Total ar5e. Brings up the 17.4 million quote to justify breaking laws of the land.

I am going to do some shop lifting this afternoon, when arrested I shall just day "17.4 million" in my defence.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
See my reply to Nicko.

Mmm, I understand that, but a heavy defeat for Corbyn would hopefully lead to the formation of a decent and proper Opposition, capable of winning an election.
I admit I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that if the Tories won by a reasonable margin in a GE, we would see a gradual reintegration of broader church Conservatives in positions of power before too long. The expulsion of 21 MP's was ridiculous. Bridges will have to be built.

You REALLY believe that if this government got a majority it would stop them moving towards the extreme right and bring back all the expelled MPs ?

I'm actually speechless (and that doesn't happen very often :lolol:)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chris Grayling says it's a mind boggling decision.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Andrew Brigden. Total ar5e. Brings up the 17.4 million quote to justify breaking laws of the land.

I am going to do some shop lifting this afternoon, when arrested I shall just day "17.4 million" in my defence.

Forgot his name, but he has always come over as a total arse hole.
But to say what he said was totally astounding.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a chance now that the fuse could now be lit with civil unrest, it has been building for some time and this could tip it over the edge as people will dig their heals in more than ever.
So, if they go back, the government benches will be empty as they will be at their conference.

Parliament is sovereign and makes democratic decisions so preventing it from doing so, is undemocratic.
Brigden is a brainwashed fool.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As I said to you last week [MENTION=13368]BLOCK F[/MENTION], you have a massive blind spot when it comes to the Conservatives. This is arguably the worst administration in living memory and you don't have to be an apologist for the hard left to see that even a Corbyn led government would do considerably less harm to the nation than this utter disgrace of a government that has lied, bullied and dictated it's way to the current shambles.

No I haven't Simster.
I do not consider Johnson to be fit to be PM and I have said so previously on several occasions.
Nevertheless, I believe that a Labour Party led by Corbyn and McDonnell would be a disaster.
We shall have to continue to agree to disagree, with the exception that we both voted Remain!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forgot his name, but he has always come over as a total arse hole.
But to say what he said was totally astounding.

He seems to be the main voice of the ERG since the majority of his mates (JRM aside) failed to get cabinet positions when Boris ( the law breaker) came to power.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
unanimous decision of the 11 justices was that Parliament had not been prorogued - the decision was null and of no effect - and it was for the Speakers of the Commons and Lords to decide what to do next.

It feels like a long time since any decision in this country has been unanimous.

So at least that's a good thing - right?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You REALLY believe that if this government got a majority it would stop them moving towards the extreme right and bring back all the expelled MPs ?

Watford, read my post again.......properly!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good grief :facepalm: and I thought Clampy and Plooks were drama queens ! He wasn't convicted of lying to the Queen - the court found he was "attempting to prevent Parliament holding the government to account ahead of Brexit. ". That is not treason and as it is, it's a subjective opinion of the court. The Supreme Court will over rule it.

Westdene, mate. How's it going? Have you got any tips for Lingfield this afternoon and what do you think the lucky stars will be in tonight's Euromillions?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Watford, read my post again.......properly!

I did and at my age, read it a third time to be really sure :wink:

Mmm, I understand that, but a heavy defeat for Corbyn would hopefully lead to the formation of a decent and proper Opposition, capable of winning an election.
I admit I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that if the Tories won by a reasonable margin in a GE, we would see a gradual reintegration of broader church Conservatives in positions of power before too long. The expulsion of 21 MP's was ridiculous. Bridges will have to be built.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No I haven't Simster.
I do not consider Johnson to be fit to be PM and I have said so previously on several occasions.
Nevertheless, I believe that a Labour Party led by Corbyn and McDonnell would be a disaster.
We shall have to continue to agree to disagree, with the exception that we both voted Remain!

A remainer who would choose Boris Johnson over Jeremy Corbyn has a blind spot as far as I'm concerned. As you said, the current cabinet are totally unfit for office. They are lying incompetents to a man (and woman) and in many cases have chosen personal career progression at the expense of principals and the good of the nation. They are absolutely shameful and I'll let the likes of Corbyn and Abbott make their mistakes on tax rates all day long if the alternative is the contempt of the "ruling classes" running the Tories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here