Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Corbyn is running scared of an Election, something he has called for for three years and when given the opportunity he blocks it. Spineless arse.

Sorry but got to reply to this.
You seem to show an independent spirit but just repeat the (Tory) Party line. It is far more complex than you suggest and you must surely know it.....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm beginning to think that we will be out soon with the original NI only backstop deal with the Tories dropping the Unionists.

Many in Labour will probably vote for it.

Just goes to show how utterly utterly rubbish the current Tory party are.

It was there all along and they've just spent the last few years arguing with each other whilst blaming everyone else.

It shows more than just Tory. It shows what a shambles we have in Parliament. They are an utter disgrace and do not represent us.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Corbyn is running scared of an Election, something he has called for for three years and when given the opportunity he blocks it. Spineless arse.

It is not a difficult concept to understand. Delay A50. Have a GE after October 31st. We then have time to negotiate a deal, whilst we watch the Tories rip themselves apart, and also release the documents showing parliament how 'great' no deal will be.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry but got to reply to this.
You seem to show an independent spirit but just repeat the (Tory) Party line. It is far more complex than you suggest and you must surely know it.....

I've nearly always supported Tories, I did go Lib once. I wish I could show you how I feel. I am so pissed off with what these parties are doing to us. I hate them all, I hate all politicians. I'm a non lover of everyone. But I am a democrat and we have to see things through.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It shows more than just Tory. It shows what a shambles we have in Parliament. They are an utter disgrace and do not represent us.

No that's not what happened. May stupidly called an election.

Parliament doesn't exist to support the view of just 50% of the electorate. As much as you would like it to, it doesn't work like that.

However a Government can get away with it, but she ****ed up the numbers.

To watch Boris do that again is hilarious.

Blame everyone and anyone you like, but the Tories ****ed this up and frankly they couldn't have ****ed it any worse than they did.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Parliament doesn't exist to support the view of just 50% of the electorate. As much as you would like it to, it doesn't work like that.

Sorry you lost it there. Parliament lives by it's voters which generally fall around the 50% mark.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I've nearly always supported Tories, I did go Lib once. I wish I could show you how I feel. I am so pissed off with what these parties are doing to us. I hate them all, I hate all politicians. I'm a non lover of everyone. But I am a democrat and we have to see things through.

I do sympathise with your frustration..
However I would simply ask that you see it this way.... We vote for our MPs to make decisions (which we would rather not deal with ourselves) in our interest and on our behalf in good faith. In other words, we demand that they are look at the detail, come to a conclusion and act accordingly and not merely voice what we say. If we don't like their behaviour we get to vote to replace them from time to time.
They are doing what is required but simply do not agree with each other. We cannot expect them to alter their sincerely held beliefs to retain popularity.
In my opinion, apart from those who have discarded their beliefs for personal advantage, they are doing the best they can in the name of democracy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do sympathise with your frustration..
However I would simply ask that you see it this way.... We vote for our MPs to make decisions (which we would rather not deal with ourselves) in our interest and on our behalf in good faith. In other words, we demand that they are look at the detail, come to a conclusion and act accordingly and not merely voice what we say. If we don't like their behaviour we get to vote to replace them from time to time.
They are doing what is required but simply do not agree with each other. We cannot expect them to alter their sincerely held beliefs to retain popularity.
In my opinion, apart from those that have sold their beliefs for personal advantage, they are doing the best they can in the name of democracy.

I cannot ever agree, sorry, but thanks mate. I'm just on the other side of the tree.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Jesus wept :facepalm: It’s almost like a direct quote from one of the right wing rags. The lengths people will go. You’re either wilfully ignorant or you know its completely untrue and you’re trying to score meaningless points on a football forum... either way... just... :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Jesus wept :facepalm: It’s almost like a direct quote from one of the right wing rags. The lengths people will go. You’re either wilfully ignorant or you know its completely untrue and you’re trying to score meaningless points on a football forum... either way... just... :facepalm:

So you expanded after my quote, well done you. Why do I have to be right wing because I don't agree with you? Are you an anti Semitic? Can I throw that at you? Grow up and get a pair.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Great retort, we need a few more like you.

Yeah, because parroting the juvenile Tory line that Corbyn’s a coward is really insightful ??? Of course, you probably know that Corbyn is gearing up for an election once Johnson’s cynical No Deal by default is off the table, but hey, why let the truth stand in the way of an opportunity to slag off Corbyn :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry you lost it there. Parliament lives by it's voters which generally fall around the 50% mark.

You know exactly what that means. MPs represent their constituency whether they voted for them or not.

That election created a situation where it became very very difficult for Parliament to agree on the terms of leaving.

Our Parliament isn't really geared for cross party talks and agreement.

It also affected what May brought to the table because she had to try and keep the DUP on-side. She ****ed that up as well.

If the Tories had a majority we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Corbyn is obviously conflicted (an understatement) and the Lib Dems USP is staying in Europe, but it's the Tories in "power".

Well they WERE until May and subsequently Boris blew it up.

You are only banging on about Corbyn cos the Tories have allowed him to have relevance. What do you expect the leader of the opposition to do ?

And that's how SHIT the Tories are. They've allowed an old school left winger in the back door and currently he is running rings round them.

( that's his job )

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So you expanded after my quote, well done you. Why do I have to be right wing because I don't agree with you? Are you an anti Semitic? Can I throw that at you? Grow up and get a pair.

I actually edited it before you replied, at least before you posted your reply my end but if you want to think I edited it after your ever so witty comment then you tell yourself that if it makes you feel better :thumbsup: And I said it was like a direct quote from a right wing rag. If you’re going to quote me, at least get it right. Ooh what’s next? Are you going to say JC is IRA or maybe a Czech spy?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You're right it's normally far less.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You know exactly what that means. That election created a situation where it became very very difficult for Parliament to agree on the terms of leaving.

Our Parliament isn't really geared for cross party talks and agreement.

It also affected what May brought to the table because she had to try and keep the DUP on-side. She ****ed that up as well.

If the Tories had a majority we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's really tiring me out Clapham Gull, but I will always fight for our democracy. I can't tell genuine from ********s right now, sorry.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its the same thing every day here. The great scientist minds of NSC belittling anyone who voted/ wanted to leave, and labelling them thickos and racists.

Its amazing any country around the world can effectively run their own country without being part of a large club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's really tiring me out Clapham Gull, but I will always fight for our democracy. I can't tell genuine from ********s right now, sorry.

It's tiring a lot of people out, but I don't see what's happening now as "undemocratic", it's simply democracy stuck in a loop.

Loads of engineers have looked at the problem, but no-one can agree what the solution is.

The Lib Dems want to turn it off and on. Boris lied and told us he had a solution but was actually planning to throw it out the window. Parliament closed the window.

Inevitably it will lead to the slow break up of the Union I think. The difference of course being that we won't actually get a say in that at all.

Remarkable times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here