[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
People waking up over the next few hours are not going to believe what they see.

It's been surreal enough watching it play out.

Glad I didn't put that bet on....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well done, everybody.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My German friend thinks it's a good result for Europe. I quote:

"I know the financial wizards in the EU at least are already planning to move their stuff to the mainland...probably Frankfurt. There is no reason to make the EU financial dealings in London anymore.
Do you know how much of Britains income stems from financial services?

Not to forget that GB imports much more from the EU than it exports (again, it's forte are financial services..less goods and actual products).

Especiall economically a Brexit is a losers deal!"

"The fun just starts...it's totally self inflicted, not a natural catastrophe or anything. They have only themselves to blame...no reason to cry (for us that is)...

The pound is already tanking!"

"I'm glad about the outcome!

A narrow win for the "remainers" would had been so bad for the EU. The british special requests wouldn't had become less much rather more and Farage had already announced that he and his UKIP would had kept on fighting in such a case. There would never be peace and GB never a normal member like everybody else.
Then better out now! Or as we in Germany say "Better an end with horror than a horror without end"!

We should be lenient to the Scots and other assorted ex-Great Britain counties though and let them in again....it's not their fault...it's only the English..."

I think none of us fully realises the consequences of Brexit yet.
Sounds like sour grapes. There is a growing resentment towards the EU in Germany. Perhaps your friend should be worrying about that instead.

larus

My German friend thinks it's a good result for Europe. I quote:

"I know the financial wizards in the EU at least are already planning to move their stuff to the mainland...probably Frankfurt. There is no reason to make the EU financial dealings in London anymore.
Do you know how much of Britains income stems from financial services?

Not to forget that GB imports much more from the EU than it exports (again, it's forte are financial services..less goods and actual products).

Especiall economically a Brexit is a losers deal!"

"The fun just starts...it's totally self inflicted, not a natural catastrophe or anything. They have only themselves to blame...no reason to cry (for us that is)...

The pound is already tanking!"

"I'm glad about the outcome!

A narrow win for the "remainers" would had been so bad for the EU. The british special requests wouldn't had become less much rather more and Farage had already announced that he and his UKIP would had kept on fighting in such a case. There would never be peace and GB never a normal member like everybody else.
Then better out now! Or as we in Germany say "Better an end with horror than a horror without end"!

We should be lenient to the Scots and other assorted ex-Great Britain counties though and let them in again....it's not their fault...it's only the English..."

I think none of us fully realises the consequences of Brexit yet.

Wow. Your German friend can predict the future? Please can he send me the lottery numbers.

Me I predict that after the initial turmoil settles down, the U.K will bounce back strongly. This is the start of a massive change in the EU too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
brexit-flag-615x346.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most books are now closed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cameron and Osborne are ****ed, the £ is tanking, Tories split, Labour in disarray, Lib Dems wiped out and Boris the would- be PM a buffoon. And it will only get worse - a lot worse.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still £350m a week better off, isn't it?

I think I can can hear the sounds of diggers breaking ground on new hospitals and schools already.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think every local council in Scotland voted remain. They will respond to Brexit with calls for a second independence referendum, and this time you've got to believe they'll edge it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So what! Lets deal with the aftermath AFTER!

Maybe it would have been better to consider the consequences BEFORE voting? We have no manufacturing left-that was abandoned in favour of the financial sector which is about to get its ass ripped out, both later today and later as 10s of thousands of jobs shift across the Channel. Expect hard times ahead for many years. The world is a different place to what it was when Britain was strong-alone we don't have much to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports