Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Then there is the last quote you list from Ppf - in your rush and eagerness to condemn him you've actually misunderstood what he put. It clearly references migrants that haven't paid any NI .... not Ppf.

[\QUOTE]

It's a classic Daily Express/Mail reference that migrants get free health care without paying in.
University students from abroad get free NHS care, because they are paying full university fees.
Freedom of movement means migrants come here to work but that also means they are paying taxes & NI.
You are more likely to be treated by a migrant in the NHS, than you are to be queueing behind them.

But not all migrants work. That said I agree with your last statement.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
But not all migrants work. That said I agree with your last statement.

Quite, some bring their wives and children here and we stopped sending kids up chimneys in Victorian times though I sometimes believe from your musings that you'd quite like to return to those times ( before you straddle your very high unicorn that was said with tongue firmly in cheek)

On a more serious note, I take from your post concerning benefits when you state you were galavanting around the planet whilst claiming CBJSA is that the paltry sum you were paid is but an entitlement and NOT means tested, therefore what you spent your own money on and of course the CBJSA is of only your concern, after the 26 weeks of claiming that benefit I assume it stopped as you either had too much money to qualify or returned to meaningful employ ? I talk from experience and assure you that claimants today under means tested benefits would never be in any position to afford holidays abroad under this Governments Universal credit system, though I do know a few who have lived on benefits for years who play the system and have assistance from benefit advisors and claim every penny they can under the old system and live very well under it and do you know what? They're all English !! obviously there are plenty of Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish who are in their position also, this could be one of the reasons for tightening up the benefit system and the ultimate reason for introducing the much more stringently monitored Universal credit clusterf**k.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If every European Migrant who claims benefits and hasn’t lived here for 5 years went back to their own country once Brexit is delivered, what sort of money are we talking about not being paid out?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
That 'debate' was hard to watch.

It wasn't much more than an hour spent watching our future Prime Minister lie through his teeth and appeal to the lowest common denominator (nation! optimism! no defeatism!) whilst being shot at with a pea-shooter.

He clearly wants to bull-dozer his version of Brexit (only 'one in million' chance of a no deal!?), steamroller Parliament, suck up to Trump, cut taxes to the better-off and all the while 'bringing the nation together'.

There is almost literally nothing that specimen would not say to get his fat arse into No 10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“we are going to have a 31 October deadline, we must stick to it. The EU will understand we are ready and will give us the deal we need.”

:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That 'debate' was hard to watch.

It wasn't much more than an hour spent watching our future Prime Minister lie through his teeth and appeal to the lowest common denominator (nation! optimism! no defeatism!) whilst being shot at with a pea-shooter.

He clearly wants to bull-dozer his version of Brexit (only 'one in million' chance of a no deal!?), steamroller Parliament, suck up to Trump, cut taxes to the better-off and all the while 'bringing the nation together'.

There is almost literally nothing that specimen would not say to get his fat arse into No 10.

True.

The EU will not budge, they shouldn’t and I sincerely hope they don’t. I’m keen to watch Boris vs The EU. I hope they crush him; it will be a joy to watch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm actually going to stick up for Ppf here. Firstly you seem to have a problem with people on benefits .... you do bring it up rather a lot. I'm guessing that means between Sept last year and April this year you would have had a problem with me .... even more so in that I went to Amsterdam, Whitstable, France and Ibiza while on my benefits ? You also clearly don't understand that many people are on benefits - there's child benefit, pensions ( on mamy government forms state pensions are considered a benefit ), working tax credits, child tax credits.

Then there is the last quote you list from Ppf - in your rush and eagerness to condemn him you've actually misunderstood what he put. It clearly references migrants that haven't paid any NI .... not Ppf.

Finally, many benefits have to be earned ..... contribution based JSA for one - I should know as that was the benefit I was on.

So maybe stop with your benefit claiment bashing ? It makes you look a bit of an arse !

The post I made has nothing whatsoever to do with benefits and everything to do with Ppf being a hypocrite. He has constantly whined about people taking benefits (health tourism, child benefits etc) as long as they are not British born. As you rightly point out, anyone who he feels haven't paid their way with NI, he believes shouldn't be taking benefits. But all the while he has been moaning about people living on benefits, guess what ? (And the benefits that he lives on don't pay NI).

If you can find any post I have made about benefits apart from those specifically pointing out Ppf's hypocrisy please feel free to quote them.

Of course, you can defend our little nazi, racist friend all you like, but to try and pretend it's about benefits, quite frankly, makes you look a bit of an arse :shrug:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If every European Migrant who claims benefits and hasn’t lived here for 5 years went back to their own country once Brexit is delivered, what sort of money are we talking about not being paid out?

If they haven't lived here for 5 years, how can they can go back to their own country once Brexit is delivered?

Am I missing some obvious Daily Express readers logic here, or did you just see a conversation on immigrants and benefits at 7am and dive on in, head first, in an excited, outraged frenzy?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If they haven't lived here for 5 years, how can they can go back to their own country once Brexit is delivered?

Am I missing some obvious Daily Express readers logic here, or did you just see a conversation on immigrants and benefits at 7am and dive on in, head first, in an excited, outraged frenzy?

Those that have lived here for 5 years or more can stay visa free, those that haven’t will need one or leave. And no to the second one but do carry on....

What does that even mean?

You know what it means, your showing off [emoji849]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Those that have lived here for 5 years or more can stay visa free, those that haven’t will need one or leave. And no to the second one but do carry on.

Who needs to have stayed here for 5 years then from The EU to be allowed to stay here after Brexit is delivered? What visas are these then?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What IS it with the likes of has been dinosaurs Blair and Major keep piping up with their views, as if anyone gives a ####?

john-major-spitting-image.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Eh? It's a very well known fact that EU immigrants are of net financial benefit to the country, so we would be poorer if they "went back to their own country", and not just financially.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What IS it with the likes of has been dinosaurs Blair and Major keep piping up with their views, as if anyone gives a ####?

I know. The future for Brexit Britain under it's believers is so much more bright and vibrant in comparison.

p07797kz.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here