Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just been confirmed that the European Parliament elections will go ahead. There's going to be an awful lot of Nigel on TV in the next few weeks...…………...

Hopefully slightly less, as there is a rule about how much time each party gets.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some of you chaps are making my arguments on NSC look concise. Haven't you all got bored with insulting each other?

Me neither. What do our NSC experts think will happen next?

No expert, but applying a little common sense,

I really can't see anything beyond three options

1/ Soft Brexit with No borders and regulatory alignment (Customs Union)

2/ No deal, NI hard border

3/ 2nd referendum

If either of the two main political parties go ahead with option 1 they will piss off a significant number of their voters.

And, given that we didn't start investing 10s of Billions preparing (at least operationally) for a 'no deal' 3 years ago, that means it is not a realistic option. (If, indeed, the economic and political implications of 'no deal' meant it was ever realistic).

So, if I were a betting man (and could have found anyone who would take the bet), I would have bet on option 3 long ago.

I just had a really strange sense of déjà vu :whistle:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I were a betting man (and could have found anyone who would take the bet), I would have bet on option 3 long ago :whistle:
:shrug: 2nd referendum has been a standard bet with the bookies

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:shrug: 2nd referendum has been a standard bet with the bookies

But what about my well publicised religious beliefs :wink:

I know you said didn't know what would happen next, but you must have some thoughts ? (And I'm assuming that whatever happens, more fudges, delays and extensions to membership are inevitable until we finally get to a decision)

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know you said didn't know what would happen next, but you must have some thoughts ?
I guess some form of soft Brexit is most likely?

The headlines have been that May and Labour have 99% agreed on a way forward (I'm guessing the 99% is just used as click-bait, and 20% is closer to the truth). But I've not really seen any interesting news on Brexit since the extension. I was hoping (with about as much conviction as I hope we'll win on Sunday) that I'd find some information in this thread :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guess some form of soft Brexit is most likely?

The headlines have been that May and Labour have 99% agreed on a way forward (I'm guessing the 99% is just used as click-bait, and 20% is closer to the truth). But I've not really seen any interesting news on Brexit since the extension. I was hoping (with about as much conviction as I hope we'll win on Sunday) that I'd find some information in this thread :)

There is FAR more chance of us winning on Sunday :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is FAR more chance of us winning on Saturday :thumbsup:
Blimey. I didn't know it was possible, but you feel less hopeful about this thread than I do. What with us not even playing on Saturday.

Jan 30, 2008
The slogan LEAVE MEANS LEAVE means absolutely **** all. It means nothing. It's like saying FOOD MEANS FOOD or RADIATOR MEANS RADIATOR. What food? What radiator? It's so dumb and trite.

For the 400th time, WHICH ****ING VERSION OF LEAVE DID 17.4m PEOPLE VOTE FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Norway
Canada
Canada+
Customs Union
EEA

Just pick one, get 17.4 million votes for it and then we can be done with it all.
i voted to leave the EU i didn't vote for a deal, have another cap :dunce:
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
regards
DR

You voted to leave the EU and you may well have voted for a deal.

The appropriately simple fact is that 3 years after the referendum and you still don't know what you voted for yet :shrug:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The slogan LEAVE MEANS LEAVE means absolutely **** all. It means nothing. It's like saying FOOD MEANS FOOD or RADIATOR MEANS RADIATOR. What food? What radiator? It's so dumb and trite.

For the 400th time, WHICH ****ING VERSION OF LEAVE DID 17.4m PEOPLE VOTE FOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Norway
Canada
Canada+
Customs Union
EEA

Just pick one, get 17.4 million votes for it and then we can be done with it all.

... but ironically it won't be a Brexit that a majority of Leavers can accept, certainly not 17.4 million or even 50% of the voters!

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You voted to leave the EU and you may well have voted for a deal.

The appropriately simple fact is that 3 years after the referendum and you still don't know what you voted for yet :shrug:

I think you may find there is a lot of similarly confused Brexit thinking out there! VACANT MEANS VACANT!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
regards
DR
We can look into the reasons why people voted leave, the discontent etc.. But for some unfortunately thick means thick.

The same sort of people who say "throw away the key", "rot in prison" , "charity begins at home", "just get on with it", "the country is full up", "taking back control" etc..

The last is the sad one. Reactionary uneducated bigots tend to have the least control over their own lives.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
We can look into the reasons why people voted leave, the discontent etc.. But for some unfortunately thick means thick.

The same sort of people who say "throw away the key", "rot in prison" , "charity begins at home", "just get on with it", "the country is full up", "taking back control" etc..

The last is the sad one. Reactionary uneducated bigots tend to have the least control over their own lives.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Good post! There really aren't enough caps to recognise such idiocy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here