Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was in Edgbaston recently with my brother in law and his brother and his Bluenose mates.
It was all football and we had a laugh about Birmingham never getting out of Div 2 and they said that they will probably be playing Brighton next season in Div 2.
Everybody managed to leave the pub with the same amount of teeth they entered the pub with.

I'm guessing that Two Brain Cells is suggesting that he is more a man of the people in Birmingham than we are in Sussex, regardless of social status, life experience, political belief etc - it's why he has run from actual discussion, instead choosing to claim 'virtue signalling'. He's just not very good at arguing. But hey! He voted leave and must be a man of the people so we should agree with him!

Or he's just a prat. Horses for courses.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its not just Brexit, democracy is being undermined all over the world from a wave is misinformation and lies. Things are out of control, we should be passing legislation to sort thing outs, but these lies have crippled our country and paralysed our parliament

The propaganda and misinformation is from both extremes. The internet has allowed all and sundry to post bullshit as facts. Legislation might have to try and stem this one day, somehow.

Newsnight shortly is about to cover the huge rise of a right wing party in Spain, whose leaders and followers idolise Trump.

Unstable, dangerous times, well away from the UK.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The propaganda and misinformation is from both extremes. The internet has allowed all and sundry to post bullshit as facts. Legislation might have to try and stem this one day, somehow.

Newsnight shortly is about to cover the huge rise of a right wing party in Spain, whose leaders and followers idolise Trump.

Unstable, dangerous times, well away from the UK.

What brought it home to me was two senior Tory MPs both lying on television about the results of a poll.

"The majority are happy to go out without a withdrawal agreement. That gets the highest score of the lot".

Both unchallenged.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perhaps all the commuting has got a bit much for you,or are you a miserable tosspot all the time?Ever been to Dundee,Perth,Blairgowrie?

Perhaps the “friends” you mentioned are also elderly, racist, Sun reading thickos who are so inept at using a computer that they won’t search for basic census data on population demographics in case the internet fairies break their browsers.

Ever used the space bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Perhaps the “friends” you mentioned are also elderly, racist, Sun reading thickos who are so inept at using a computer that they won’t search for basic census data on population demographics in case the internet fairies break their browsers.

Ever used the space bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid runt!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was in Edgbaston recently with my brother in law and his brother and his Bluenose mates.
It was all football and we had a laugh about Birmingham never getting out of Div 2 and they said that they will probably be playing Brighton next season in Div 2.
Everybody managed to leave the pub with the same amount of teeth they entered the pub with.

In Birmingham, so that’ll be none.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Without the backstop it's a fantasy document not agreed with the EU.

*rolls eyes* .... again.

All we need now is some *dim spark* to suggest 'using technology' and our progress reaches full circle again.

The backstop would be in there, but the intention is to create a permanent customs union so that it would not be needed. Instead of being "trapped" by the EU in the backstop, we willingly enter an agreement that does it permanently. Half the issues with Brexit are semantics, if it isn't THE customs union, she keeps her word on leaving that, despite being in A customs union that will by and large amount to the same thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What brought it home to me was two senior Tory MPs both lying on television about the results of a poll.

"The majority are happy to go out without a withdrawal agreement. That gets the highest score of the lot".

Both unchallenged.

I hope I’m not alone, but the extremism and selective racism (hard right and left anti-semitism, hard right hate towards immigrants and muslims) in the UK and World just now, has made me more centrist. I’ll never be a pupil of the pseudo-intellectual cranks from both camps churning out bull**** on twitter, facebook, etc. Probably due to social media, masses of people seem to be more politically polarised than ever, I’d suggest far more than the class war of the early 80’s. With none of those folk giving an inch, they’re all know-it-alls, they never listen, all in complete denial about anti-semitism for example, and always capped off with Whataboutisms. If anyone criticises Trump, anti-semitism in the left, Venezuela, Russia ...normally intelligent people go on the belligerent defensive.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
European%20Parliament%20Voting%20intention%2023-24%20Apr%202019-01.png

Oh to be irrelevant ....

Farage_Pint_reuters.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Oh to be irrelevant ....

Farage_Pint_reuters.jpg

Doesn’t make them right though. However, all the options are a shower of shite. We all know The Brexit Party will get support. The referendum demonstrated that the majority of people in the U.K. are thick as mince. Why should that have changed.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I hope I’m not alone, but the extremism and selective racism (hard right and left anti-semitism, hard right hate towards immigrants and muslims) in the UK and World just now, has made me more centrist. I’ll never be a pupil of the pseudo-intellectual cranks from both camps churning out bull**** on twitter, facebook, etc. Probably due to social media, masses of people seem to be more politically polarised than ever, I’d suggest far more than the class war of the early 80’s. With none of those folk giving an inch, they’re all know-it-alls, they never listen, all in complete denial about anti-semitism for example, and always capped off with Whataboutisms. If anyone criticises Trump, anti-semitism in the left, Venezuela, Russia ...normally intelligent people go on the belligerent defensive.

Agreed completely - its the know it alls that get me, those who have been scanning social media for their truth, their ideology and their sound bites to hang their hats on...in fact know it alls in life get my goat...its just that brexit has brought our more than I thought actually possible...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Oh to be irrelevant ....

Farage_Pint_reuters.jpg

The very definition of 'desperate'.

After three years of 'he doesn't speak for me' and 'I don't want a hard border' it appears that he is the only one who does speak for you and you do want a hard border :shrug:

So when did you change or is that really what you wanted all along, but you were too shy to say it :blush:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed completely - its the know it alls that get me, those who have been scanning social media for their truth, their ideology and their sound bites to hang their hats on...in fact know it alls in life get my goat...its just that brexit has brought our more than I thought actually possible...

And they’re all here to stay, of the hard left and far right. You can bet their views have never tempered one ideological jot. Casual racism, anti-semitism, physical attacks somehow justified.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Please do not forget the fact that all the bickering over Brexit and the various whataboutery has neatly deflected the fact that the majority of our society has been forced to pay the price for the greed of the big banking corporations that caused the last recession. The cutbacks and wage freezes across the whole of society from education to the police, healthcare and social care have affected almost 98% of the population while the big banks and corporations have carried on gambling but rewarding themselves like nothing has changed.

How have we allowed disabled people to be financially penalised for having an extra bedroom when the chairman of Persimmon can pocket a £100m bonus ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please do not forget the fact that all the bickering over Brexit and the various whataboutery has neatly deflected the fact that the majority of our society has been forced to pay the price for the greed of the big banking corporations that caused the last recession. The cutbacks and wage freezes across the whole of society from education to the police, healthcare and social care have affected almost 98% of the population while the big banks and corporations have carried on gambling but rewarding themselves like nothing has changed.

How have we allowed disabled people to be financially penalised for having an extra bedroom when the chairman of Persimmon can pocket a £100m bonus ?

I don’t disagree with you.

Something has to change and will I predict after the next general election, because no way will the Tories win 326 seats. It will be a coalition.

There has to be some general increase in income tax, plus further tackling tax avoidance. The NHS and social care require a large funding increase.

I am though sickened by hate, anti-semitism, racism at both political extremes. All these idiots feel emboldened by the chaos in the world, with some awful people such as Trump, racists in UKIP, Livingstone all now speaking freely with their crank theories or slurs on races.

Not you btw ... you have a genuine social conscience.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here