Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
10 out of the last 13 voters on NSC have voted REMAIN. It's probably more pro-remain on NSC that we thought.

I've been watching the poll (on this thread) over the past month or so. It's gradually edged up from (I think) around 53% Remain to now approx 57%. It would be interesting to know the split over the past few weeks. I assume that those who are voting recently were probably "don't knows", and possibly indicates that the trend on NSC is latterly more towards Remain?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
EU trade deals:
tradoc_149622.jpg

UK post-brexit trade deals:
A_large_blank_world_map_with_oceans_marked_in_blue.PNG
Screenshot_2016-06-20-14-58-19.png
I prefer this map.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would be great for the Leave to outline the practicalities of all these trade deals we're going to have to make, and put a timescale to them, starting with our relationship with the EU.

If they do that, they'll no doubt have to reveal they'll need to sign up to the EEA, and still accept freedom of movement within the EU. That of course isn't why a proportion of Leave voters are voting Leave. It is a likely reality though. Once we agree to that, we'll then still be signed up to all those EU rules, but we won't be involved in any of the decision making. Won't that be a great plan. Hence we won't be getting any practical plans from Leave this week, or anytime soon.[/QUOTE

Sorry,The Treasury will not let anybody else play with their crystal ball,in case we find out they've been doing it all wrong.I really think you Remain clowns think you've got a monopoly on predicting the future,but how many of you have won the National Lottery?

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was only playing the Daily Express game. What's the name of your high horse by the way? You're never off it. ;)

Yes, there was a wally interviewed in the S Times who said she was voting out because Boris was more of an 'entertainer politician' than Cameron. Whatever that is. And there was a nutcase on this thread who said he was opting out because he wanted Cameron to be sad. One of your fellow-Brexiters in fact. Get over it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
EU trade deals:
tradoc_149622.jpg

UK post-brexit trade deals:
A_large_blank_world_map_with_oceans_marked_in_blue.PNG

Please tell me you copy and pasted that from Economist Readers Wives,referendum special!:wave:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No. I'm just replying to posts as I see fit. If I agree, I usually give it a thumbs up. If I disagree I tend to post a reply partly because there's no thumbs down option and often there's something to challenge. A couple of reasoned replies to bashlsdir is no vendetta.

Care to expand on this?

I will give you the reason. Classic Brexit paranoia. I've never seem anything like it, shadows everywhere

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Are you asking why they would have us over a barrell? If so, because they have a considerably bigger economy than us. We also import twice as much as we export so they are in the driving seat. We are desperate for more access to their markets.

Oh Uh, dont think business is really your strong point ......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Norway doesn't paint a happy picture for Brexit

So, Norway, cited by Leave as an example of not being in the EU, as part of their agreement to join the EEA, has not only free movement, but also is obliged to be part of Europe’s passport-free Schengen travel zone! And they have no say about matters because they are outside the EU.

What a great plan.

Its these kinds of facts that are ignored by the quitters, they dont get it. They are clearly risk seekers, happy to gamble the prosperity of the country for the chance things might be better (desptie most experts sating it wont be).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's incorrect. MEPs cannot repeal legislation, nor can they initiate it. The EC can initiate legislation without recourse to the member states, in that sense it is a pretty basic inversion to the HoC and HoL.

I do understand it thanks, so don't patronise me please.

Are you correctly reading my post because I can't see where I claimed MEPs can repeal legislation. The EC is not going to draft legislation that won't get voted through, it makes no sense. Furthermore, any legislation will surely be in line with what has been agreed between member states as part of the various treaties that they have signed up to.

It seems to me that Brexit continually try to paint a picture of faceless commissioners coming up with weird laws just for the sake of it and imposing them against the democratic will of the MEPs.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, there was a wally interviewed in the S Times who said she was voting out because Boris was more of an 'entertainer politician' than Cameron. Whatever that is. And there was a nutcase on this thread who said he was opting out because he wanted Cameron to be sad. One of your fellow-Brexiters in fact. Get over it.

Sorry Albumen - this was aimed at the always superior Pastifarian.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Are you asking why they would have us over a barrell? If so, because they have a considerably bigger economy than us. We also import twice as much as we export so they are in the driving seat. We are desperate for more access to their markets.
We also import more than we sell to the EU. So we're desperate to do more trade with China. Leave and we can.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh Uh, dont think business is really your strong point ......

Care to expand? We want to sell more to them than we currently do so doesn't that put them in box seat when it comes to negotiations on trade? Wasn't it the same when Switzerland agreed their deal which, by some reports, was them basically accepting whatever terms China chose to impose.

According to this site, we have a trade deficit of $34b with China. Doesn't that suit them far more than it does us?

http://www.worldstopexports.com/united-kingdoms-top-import-partners/

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've been watching the poll (on this thread) over the past month or so. It's gradually edged up from (I think) around 53% Remain to now approx 57%. It would be interesting to know the split over the past few weeks. I assume that those who are voting recently were probably "don't knows", and possibly indicates that the trend on NSC is latterly more towards Remain?

Or it could mean that more Remain voters are on NSC....which looking at the stack up of posts, is feasible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am still undecided as no politician has come out with any convincing details of how either will be in the best interests of the average working man. There has been a lot of conflicting waffle about affecting us nationally but either way we will have our a..e tanned by either the EU if we remain or our governement if we leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here