Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do you not watch the news?!

Get off this thread you so hate and stop being a hypocrite.Pathetic.
39cba477348a78103900c927c779c661.jpg

Remember, you live in a democracy, vote for what you believe in[emoji106]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
" can you seriously not see where I'm coming from?" Of course i can, i have been on this planet for a good few years, seen many governments and many policies.
I think voting out will be better for this country, my children etc....if you like the best of the two evils.....that is my opinion, many differ and do not agree, but at the end of the day i am voting and i AM putting my opinion across on a thread that is about the EU VOTE.....that is what this thread is here for.

Agreed this thread is here for that. It has been feisty, intelligent (in the main), informative and entertaining (mostly). However it is descending into idiocy at a rate of knots. Courtesy of some very aggressive people. Sly digs is one thing but.................

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Agreed this thread is here for that. It has been feisty, intelligent (in the main), informative and entertaining (mostly). However it is descending into idiocy at a rate of knots. Courtesy of some very aggressive people. Sly digs is one thing but.................

Don't be so hard on yourself.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Makes you wonder how low someone has to go before the mods give them an enforced rest!!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Goldman Sachs predicts Leave victory and plans to move HQ to either Warsaw or Frankfurt apparently.

:lolol: :mad: :cry: thats the stages of emotion when the senios staff and partners are told of this.
maybe Warsaw has something to offer, a bit of culture, history, stag do's, Frankfurt is a dull, lifeless, soul destorying place to work, thats opinion of Germans who'll relocate out at any opportunity. what will happen is they'll set up a "brass plaque" company with some administrators and a few execs officially located there while working from home. if they want to set major operations in Frankfurt (owr Warsaw) they would have already done so, they want to be in London because thats were deals are done.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Provisions for an EU army is in the Maastrict treaty, agreements with Turkey concerning accelerated membership were made just a few months ago.

Turkey first applied for membership nearly 30 years ago. It's not coming anytime soon. In 2014, Jean-Claude Juncker made it clear there would be no enlargement of the EU for five years. even then Turkey has mountains to climb.There is huge opposition- not just from these shores.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
expenditure.jpg What the UK spends its money on. If you look very hard, you'll spot EU membership in there somewhere. So will it really make a whole heap of difference like the leavers say! I think not. Vote remain you know it makes sense.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
By the way, I'm completely aware that Farage isn't part of the official campaign - however, it has (until last Thursday) been very helpful to Vote Leave to have Farage stoking up the anti-immigrant rhetoric. And I'm definitely NOT asking for the immigration debate to only be positive. It would just be nice to have some balance. And you are, right, a lot of what is being said about immigration does make me feel uncomfortable. For me, one of the core British values is that we are an open, compassionate nation. This value has been eroded quite dramatically over the course of the past few months. It's tragic that it takes the death of an MP to make us sit back and think more deeply about this.

Anyway, for the record I am sympathetic to the fears that some people have of mass immigration - but we should be dealing with those fears in a much more positive way. And certainly not by leaving the EU, as that is unlikely to make any material difference. In fact, it will make things MUCH worse for those who are most affected, by reducing growth, increasing unemployment, etc, etc. You know my views!!

This value has not been eroded in the slightest over the past few months.
What has happened is the debate has focused on the very important subject of immigration,Its makes you feel uncomfortable and you dont want it discussed.....everyone is fully aware of this mindset.

We are still Britain,we are still open and compassionate,we will remain so in the future.
To portray the country as less so is an insult to the country as a whole,but i guess if you are going to portray this great place as a basket case that cant make its own laws and cant negotiate its own trade deals without holding hands with the EU then saying we are now less compassionate because immigration is being discussed is not much of a leap for people like you.

Lets get out of this unholy alliance and treat everyone globally equally with our continued compassion and an openness that doesnt discriminate on those that are non EU citizens.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
:lolol: :mad: :cry: thats the stages of emotion when the senios staff and partners are told of this.
maybe Warsaw has something to offer, a bit of culture, history, stag do's, Frankfurt is a dull, lifeless, soul destorying place to work, thats opinion of Germans who'll relocate out at any opportunity. what will happen is they'll set up a "brass plaque" company with some administrators and a few execs officially located there while working from home. if they want to set major operations in Frankfurt (owr Warsaw) they would have already done so, they want to be in London because thats were deals are done.

Yes and one of the big reasons deals are done in London is about to be ripped away. Brexit damages the City undoubtedly and severely. We already know thousands of jobs will be moved to Europe but I wonder how many more will go too.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
This value has not been eroded in the slightest over the past few months.
What has happened is the debate has focused on the very important subject of immigration,Its makes you feel uncomfortable and you dont want it discussed.....everyone is fully aware of this mindset.

We are still Britain,we are still open and compassionate,we will remain so in the future.
To portray the country as less so is an insult to the country as a whole,but i guess if you are going to portray this great place as a basket case that cant make its own laws and cant negotiate its own trade deals without holding hands with the EU then saying we are now less compassionate because immigration is being discussed is not much of a leap for people like you.

Lets get out of this unholy alliance and treat everyone globally equally with our continued compassion and an openness that doesnt discriminate on those that are non EU citizens.

Does this continued compassion also mean higher immigration rates under a Australian style points system?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just put £20 on Remain at 15/8 to score 50-55% of the vote. Anyone else placing bets ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
expenditure.jpgWhat the UK spends its money on. If you look very hard, you'll spot EU membership in there somewhere. So will it really make a whole heap of difference like the leavers say! I think not. Vote remain you know it makes sense.

nice pie chart
what values do you place on sovereignty?
what values do you place on democracy?
what values do you place on security?
what values do you place on judicial supremacy?
What values do you place on overstretched housing and a bursting NHS?
what values do you place on the right to control our own borders?
what values do you place on quality of life?
Do you recognise any values except those that appear on a pie chart?

you seem to have omitted these figures

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here