Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
24edsu1.jpg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Farage has been a huge asset to the Remain campaign. His presence has allowed the Leave campaign to be depicted as racist, unpleasant and at the least xenophobic (and I say this as mostly a Leave supporter). They would have had so much more chance of a reasoned and a decent campaign without him. Yes, I know he's not in the official Leave group, but he just won't shut up.

Indeed, I'd say the existence of UKIP generally has been a major problem for Leave. While it has given those 15% or so of the population who share his views much to feed upon, it drowns out more reasoned criticism of the EU. And it gives an easy choice for many in this referendum - do you want to back Farage or not? - which for most sensible people has an easy answer. It means we've been debating on his stupid terms rather than actually discussing the issues and choices.

I'm not so sure about this analysis. Didn't they try debating the issues and were making no inroads in the polls so decided to play the immigration card, which looks like it might have worked.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
2 new polls out show voters have been affected by the murder of Jo Cox and have gone towards Remain.

Democracy is dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here