Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
What are you going on about?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
It is obvious that acrimony will continue; if we do leave the EU in March and things take a turn for the worse then people like you are already lining up the excuse that the remainers are to blame for trying to continually 'thwart the will of the people'.... whatever that hackneyed expression means.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
It is obvious that acrimony will continue; if we do leave the EU in March and things take a turn for the worse then people like you are already lining up the excuse that the remainers are to blame for trying to continually 'thwart the will of the people'.... whatever that hackneyed expression means.

Let's me explain for you the ' will of the people' means just that. A majority result in a referendum means that the people voted to leave becoming the will of the people. It just seems hard for you lot to understand but mainly accept.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
And you are avoiding answering any questions about the 'no deal' Brexit that you want to see happen

I'm genuinely interested what people like yourself, who want us to push on with 'no deal' think we should do about the problems it's throwing up :shrug:

It's just that at the moment your wishes seem to be akin to me shagging Kylie Mynogue.

It's a complete and utter fantasy, and I have no idea where to even start to make it happen. But I think someone else should take responsibility for making it happen, and I'll be really really angry if it doesn't :lolol:

Does Mrs WZ know about your fantasy you dirty old man.???:bigwave:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does Mrs WZ know about your fantasy you dirty old man.???:bigwave:

Mrs Wz thinks there's more chance of my fantasy coming true than yours. (That was when she could breathe between guffaws).

So you want to continue with your fantasy even though you admit you don't have the first idea how it's going to happen?

Last edited:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Let's me explain for you the ' will of the people' means just that. A majority result in a referendum means that the people voted to leave becoming the will of the people. It just seems hard for you lot to understand but mainly accept.

So...... not so much the 'will of the people' as the 'will of a 4% majority' of the people who voted in 2016; the phrase 'will of the people' is self evidently overused and misleading; there are plenty of 'people' who did not and do not 'will' this outcome; that doesn't mean they are no longer people - and if we are ever to heal the rift of this divisive referendum, people like you will have to try a bit harder not to weaponise worn out, meaningless slogans.

Go on, I am sure you can do it with a bit of effort.... or maybe you can't, or perhaps you just don't want any 'peoples' harmony in the future.

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Mrs Wz thinks there's more chance of my fantasy coming true than yours. (That was when she could breathe between guffaws).

So you want to continue with your fantasy even though you admit you don't have the first idea how it's going to happen?

Admit? Who? What?When?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
So...... not so much the 'will of the people' as the 'will of a 4% majority' of the people who voted in 2016; the phrase 'will of the people' is self evidently overused and misleading; there are plenty of 'people' who did not and do not 'will' this outcome; that doesn't mean they are no longer people - and if we are ever to heal the rift of this divisive referendum, people like you will have to try a bit harder not to weaponise worn out, meaningless slogans.

Go on, I am sure you can do it with a bit of effort.... or maybe you can't, or perhaps you just don't want any 'peoples' harmony in the future.

You're like a record with the needle stuck.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
You're like a record with the needle stuck.

...but of course you do not recognise the repetitive sloganising that you indulge in! I don't know you but I really thought you could do better than that!

Never mind, eh....... keep dancing in your white shoes, Mr Melia!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm genuinely stunned [emoji106]

:bigwave:
It really is quite alarming isn't it? Some of these people are nothing short of effing clueless.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The only thing divisive about the referendum result is the dismissive attitude of remainers accepting it. It not triumphalism but a determination to see the will of the PEOPLE carried out.

To be fair many remainers do still value democracy and our long-held tradition of enacting the will of the majority and think the referendum result should be honoured but as you correctly point out it's mainly the extreme shouty, condescending, undemocratic loons that have helped cause so much division. Plus of course, talk of a second referendum was ridiculed by many leading remainers... as they expected to win.

Last edited:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
To be fair many remainers do still value democracy and our long-held tradition of enacting the will of the majority and think the referendum result should be honoured but as you correctly point out it's mainly the extreme shouty, condescending, undemocratic loons that have helped cause so much division. Plus of course, talk of a second referendum during the campaign was ridiculed by many leading remainers... as they expected to win.

I agree with your last comment; the rest of it is history although Melia's Shoes clearly interprets 'a majority' as 'the people'.
I am sure he is not stupid but he certainly seems a bit unlucky at thinking.... However, NO ONE KNOWS how this is going to pan out! Unless the government can devise a Brexit Strategy that addresses the concerns of all voters - both winners and losers - then sadly I cannot see how there is any happy resolution.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The will of the people in 2016, in 2019 it might be different, can you accept that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be fair many remainers do still value democracy and our long-held tradition of enacting the will of the majority and think the referendum result should be honoured but as you correctly point out it's mainly the extreme shouty, condescending, undemocratic loons that have helped cause so much division.

Of course It's remain voters fault that there is a division right down the middle of the remaining runt of leave voters between May's deal and no deal :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree with your last comment; the rest of it is history although Melia's Shoes clearly interprets 'a majority' as 'the people'.
I am sure he is not stupid but he certainly seems a bit unlucky at thinking.... However, NO ONE KNOWS how this is going to pan out! Unless the government can devise a Brexit Strategy that addresses the concerns of all voters - both winners and losers - then sadly I cannot see how there is any happy resolution.

I think this is the what Mays deal has aimed at and hit, no one wins. I reckon her belief is that it is the best way to heal the divisions, but personally I can see both camps blaming the other for the crap outcome, and the rift continuing. This is not going to go away for a very long time, unless we get a more emphatic referendum result one way or the other.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The will of the people in 2016, in 2019 it might be different, can you accept that?

2016 is all that counted. Once in a lifetime and all that. We'll honour the vote. Except they were expecting to win. The result didn't go to plan......then shit 'How do we get out of this '?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is that this week's 'Brexit means Brexit', 'No deal better than a bad deal', 'Strong and Stable' etc etc

Sticking the word managed in front definitely makes it better :lolol:

Strange you havnt heard of a managed no deal instead of the “crash out” one.
Did you miss the emergency contingency measures the EU put forward only a few days ago for managing a no deal scenario,as best as possible, looking at “cooperation arrangements”, “reciprocated” approaches and “equivalent rights” in case there is no withdrawal agreement.

“Today’s package includes 14 measures in a limited number of areas where a “no-deal” scenario would create major disruption for citizens and businesses in the EU27. These areas include financial services, air transport, customs, and climate policy, amongst others.
The Commission considers it essential and urgent to adopt these measures today to ensure that the necessary contingency measures can enter into application on 30 March 2019 in order to limit the most significant damage caused by a “no-deal” scenario in these areas.”

“If the Withdrawal Agreement is ratified before 30 March 2019, EU law will cease to apply to and in the UK on 1 January 2021, i.e. after a transition period of 21 months”.

“If the Withdrawal Agreement is not ratified before 30 March 2019, there will be no transition period and EU law will cease to apply to and in the UK as of 30 March 2019. This is referred to as the "no-deal" or "cliff-edge" scenario”

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/20181213-contingency-ip_en.pdf
https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/com-2018-890-final.pdf
https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/contingency-qanda_en.pdf

EU were talking about managing a no deal scenario back in November, you really should read the released documents.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52018DC0880

Weird that not only you didn’t know about a managed no deal approach but you never saw it coming either.

maxresdefault.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yep, thats the kind of leave voter I mean, the sort that says they will shit in a ballot box if we ask the people if they want any version of this before it is too late, and also say they are all about democracy.

Might as well coil one cleanly into the ballot box considering you lot are crapping all over it and smearing it all over the voting hall anyway.
You are the incontinent coach drivers of democracy, when will you confess to your filth?

If you really want to know what version of leaving the people want then ask the question in another vote.

First referendum

Instruction given to Leave

Second Referendum
How should we Leave.

A/ Leave with the withdrawal deal
or
B/ Leave with no deal

Scared of real direct democracy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here