Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be one of the biggest things in my life to remember if OUT win. Would be delighted.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
"The vast majority of intelligentsia are warning against Brexit"...........the contempt you have for the British working class is seeping out here Tory boy.

The vast majority of the intelligentsia coalesced behind the banks and financial services industry that the taxpayers had to bail out in 2008.

The ones we must keep our eyes on are those that call themselves the intelligentsia.............its actually code for utter Tory c@nts.

You've proved my point. This is fueled in part by an anti-establishment vote, regardless of the rights and wrongs. We have our politicians to thank for this more than anyone else. There are economists and other experts on the left and right warning against leaving.

The public will decide. I just fear what they will decide.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

D

Deleted member 2719

Let's face it Remain keep scoring own goals with their persistence in not giving clear and believable arguments on how they are going to stop immigration.

D

Deleted User X18H

Let's face it Remain keep scoring own goals with their persistence in not giving clear and believable arguments on how they are going to stop immigration.

STOP immigration ? I thought they were going to control it.

I wonder if the Polish bloke at work will let me have his ruler and hole punch now.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
The simple facts are that 90% of EU workers currently here working would not qualify to come and work if they were non EU citizens.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/na...orkers_would_lose_UK_jobs_in_event_of_Brexit/

When Channel 4 reported on this study, the key point was that this cohort of 90% earned less than £22,000.

Better educated they may be but that is not translating to the work they undertake.

This study demonstrates clearly that it is the British low paid that are struggling with the consequences of a major influx of labour. It also puts in doubt just how much benefit the wider British taxpayers derive from this cohort given that they earn so little, and would pay relatively minimal amounts of tax.

I know this will push against your established orthodoxy.

I am sorry but the idea that migrants are taking British born peoples jobs just doesn't stand up. How does a migrant who might speak very little english get a job over someone British born and educated? The answer is the British born people are not going for the same jobs as they simply are not interested.

I am speaking from experience here as someone who has spent most of their working lives as a Manager in companies that employed staff at close to the national minimum wage. A national cleaning and security company i worked for had 7000 employees and the vast majority of applications for work came from migrants.

We have a work ethic problem here where there are a large number of British born people would rather stay on benefits than do unskilled low paid work.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
you think solving the immigration problem is about kicking people out?
Its not.its not about deporting people already here at all
Its about trying to manage the amount coming in year after year after year,something we cant fully manage if we are in the EU.people already here are not going to be sent home,managing the numbers gives us a fighting chance of bringing our infrastructure up to scratch and not forever playing catch up.

i still cant believe so many people are still uneducated about this
They know the detail alright, it just suits their agenda to deliberately twist words.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Should the vote be a close victory for the "leave" campaign (say, 52%-48%) I would be very surprised if the subsequent negotiations didn't result in a revised offer to the UK and a further in/out vote a year or two down the line.

I have a feeling something like this might happen too.

I also think this won't be the end of it if it's close the other way. The anti-EU feeling will continue, and pressure will build for another vote in the not too distant future. Look how well the SNP are doing in Scotland.

D

Deleted member 2719

STOP immigration ? I thought they were going to control it.

I wonder if the Polish bloke at work will let me have his ruler and hole punch now.

Stop is the word i prefer as it more to the point than the fluffy control that Cameron and brown and blair have all promised.
Control admittedly is the real action needed but those 3 have never adhered to it.

What clear arguments have leave made?

If you don't realise in what the leave campaign are all about perhaps you have been out of the country.

*Oh looks at avatar you have* !

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think a lot of referendums go like this- support for the 'change' option rises but closer to the day the 'keep things the same' option will come back and end up winning. I'm guessing that's what will happen.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
...another if/but/maybe from a Remainer... who knows mate, I deal in what is,... not what may be.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

EU grants and loans are just a source of cheap funding for companies. Companies apply for these loans and grants and if they meet the criteria then they are issued. Its not like the EU is going around with brown bags of money and saying 'move to Malaysia and you can have all this money'.

Had we been outside the EU these companies would have simply gone elsewhere for their funding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here