Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you really think we are leaving on 29th March 2019, then I think you should sit down. You may have a little bit of a shock coming :lolol:

So where are you going with Ppf ?

I never mentioned 29th March. Ppf and I are leaving and you're coming with us. Enjoy the game if you're going. I'll be there. Up the Albion.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He is not suggesting that leaving the EU is a good idea, he is saying this is the kick up the arse the political class needed, I am not at all sure he is right about that either.

It absolutely isn't a kick up the arse though. The political class are the biggest winners out of the whole Brexti fiasco. All we've done is hand them more power.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DqhFHgoW4AEEcOq.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I assume you're backing TM's Chequers - - deal this time round then (whatever that turns out to be), as you never thought 'no deal' would work ?

Assume, misrepresent, strawman or tell blatant porkies as you usually do ... when did I ever say no deal couldn't work?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You can only give me a dunce hat if you can answer the questions. Come on, what does leave mean? What will the GDP be over a decade? What about immigration numbers? What about wages? Etc.

You claimed a dunce hat as a permanent feature months age but I will still answer all those questions on one condition ... What will be the GDP be over a decade if we don't leave ... same for immigration numbers and wages.. please show your workings. Obviously, guesstimates relying on 'expert' institutions who are nearly always hopelessly wrong don't count.

Looking forward to your fact-based analysis ... :tumble:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Assume, misrepresent, strawman or tell blatant porkies as you usually do ... when did I ever say no deal couldn't work?

Well 18 months ago you didn't think it would happen and thought an extension to membership was more likely

Once again you seem to be assuming because the UK or the EU wouldn't be ready it couldn't possibly happen. Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangments with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality.

At least you now seem open to the possibility though, however unlikely ... progress!

So, in the event of 'no deal' the extension of EU membership that you suggest would be an 'Emergency' extension and therefore not an extension at all but a 'no deal'.

One where we wouldn't implement WTO rules and tariffs immediately but continue to pay the EU while we build an Irish border, border posts, lorry parks at all the ports, customs points at all ports and airports, design and build IT and manual systems to manage WTO rules and tariffs and then train up all the staff required ?

You seem to be very clear about this ???

But, of course the 'no deal' case is so much stronger now 18 months on that I can see why you may have U-turned again :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here