Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes a good million watching the likes of Obama putting us bottom of his priorities even though the pillock wouldn't have been the president by the time we left.Not to mention the relentless collapse of our economy drivel and tax payers paying £9 million for remain leaflets.
All the remainers blab on about is the £350 million bus :)

The £350 million was all the leavers blabbed on about, it was the major con that made a lot of people vote leave, that's why they splashed it all over the leave bus, they played the much loved NHS card and it worked.
The tools actually believed and trusted Johnson.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
People are forgetting that Barnier is going to give us a bespoke deal, not seen before or given to any other country.
Why aren't we waiting for that it may be the answer everyone wants.
It would be funny if after all that has happened over the past few years it's actually Barnier that comes up with the answer in a day.
That will really make our lot look more stupid than they actually are.

I believe it's all a game rather like pay increase talks the unions have with the boss. They just stretch it out for a while then suddenly hit an agreement. It's not what we would like most of the time

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Stop remoaning !!!!!. Couldn't help getting the same little digs in I see. Sometimes I think it's the ignorant who keep repeating that as they have had it brainwashed into them and can't come to a more logical solution.

You took it personally, not my problem.
But look around you every day, you know the type of people I am talking about, but it doesn't mean I meant you.
Society has totally changed from 30 odd years ago.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Read what I wrote in #58118, and read what he said. Do keep up....as you say.

I did. Norway, however much you believe to be acceptable is not an acceptable outcome for either side given the EU red lines and the UK red lines. Try and keep up that the Norway option fell off the table a long time ago.

larus

I can’t be arsed. But everything is in this thread; go look for yourself. The general gist, like many Remainers suggested, is that overall cost of living will go up; it has. Inflation will rise, it has. Mortgages will increase, they have. House prices will fall, they have https://www.theguardian.com/busines...cord-biggest-month-on-month-fall-in-six-years. The economy will tank, it has. You might use employment as a measure but you are (probably deliberately) ignoring the bigger picture; the economy is, overall, weaker and less productive than before the referendum https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9 . I never said anything about a recession, but if you want to bring this into the mix British manufacturing is now in recession.

Hmm, more remainer delusion. The latest figures published today were a reason of 52.8 for Manufaturers PMI index, down from 54 last month. As any reading above 50 is expansion, what do you mean about being in recession?

Productivity - that’s always been a questionable figure for the UK so sweet FA to do with Brexit (and lots of people question the methodology of how this is calculated anyway).

The economy has not tanked. Unlike France and Germany where there was a 1% drop in GDP growth rates from the last 2 quarters of 2017 to the first 2 quarters of 2018.

Considering we’re emerging from the Financial Crisis so much, please tell me how has the EU (not Germany) done on the cost of living scale? Booming in Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal. Also, you need to take into account the fact the the ECB it still running an expansionary policy to BOOST the economy by negative interest rates and QE. WOW, and you’re inspired by tepid growth in that environment. I’ll stick with the doom and gloom of the UK with no QE and rising interest rates (or should I say, a trajectory of more normalisation).

Your problem is that you just love to slag off the UK and are so blinkered in your views. You have no way of being balanced in your opinions.

D

Deleted member 22389

Flying? The only flying is what you did to reach the planet you’re on. Look at the 5 graphs the FT produced a month ago, the link is above. If you disagree with them then be my guest and explain why.

There are loads of jobs if you want to work in this country. Some are not the greatest granted, but the job situation is a damn sight better than in some other countries. At the end of the day unless you are unable to work due to illness, everyone can get a job. The only thing we need more of is manufacturing, and that's been the case for many years, regardless of Brexit. New concrete plant for Newhaven, well that's a positive. Life could be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You posted something from twitter about May saying in 2016 there should be no election until 2020.(obviously there was)
You then enforced your drama by explaining May said it several times but there was actually an election well before 2020.

You dont need to read a twitter thread to know you are talking about snap elections.
If your thread goes off on a tangent to try and enforce a different point entirely then its the usual remoaner 2 + 2 equals clam chowder nonsense that isnt worth wasting your time on reading.

I wasn't talking about snap elections. I hope that helps.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The economy has not tanked.

We can sit here and dispute the meaning of tanked, I agree. But, overall, all things considered, it’s worse since the referendum. Just look at the first graph in the FT. And compare back to the U.K. at the time of the referendum, which was my point. My point isn’t how the U.K. currently compares to country X, it’s how it compares to itself at the time of the vote.

Your problem is that you’re so blinkered in your views you have no way of being balanced in your opinions, or even debating the case in point it seems.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did. Norway, however much you believe to be acceptable is not an acceptable outcome for either side given the EU red lines and the UK red lines. Try and keep up that the Norway option fell off the table a long time ago.

For the 3rd time, read again what I typed in #58118. Here’s a clue, look for the word similar. You will also do well to read Barniers comments from yesterday.

Try and keep up.

larus

What I mean by U.K. manufacturing in recession is, U.K. manufacturing in recession.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ing-in-recession-despite-faster-uk-gdp-growth

Hmm, according to the guardian (left wing, anti Brexit, anti Tory paper) or independent stats which prove it’s not.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/manufacturing-production

Oh, and another important factor is manufacturing is 10% of the UK economy. Now, the debate as to whether or not that is sensible is a different debate and nothing to to with Brexit, so the impact of manufacturing on total GDP is less relevant to the UK.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmm, according to the guardian (left wing, anti Brexit, anti Tory paper) or independent stats which prove it’s not.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/manufacturing-production

Try The Telegraph then, manufacturing down again and it also states house construction is in recession. :wink:

PS I have absolutely no idea what Trading Economics dot com is and how reliable it is. I doubt you do either. So, in the interest of balance you have, from me, a Guardian and a Telegraph article.

Have a nice “cushty” evening. I’m off to do something else. Späters.

larus

Try The Telegraph then, same report although it also states house construction is in recession. :wink:

And the figures on the Trading Economics site say otherwise. These are official published figures which it consolidates for all countries, I don’t believe they are wrong.

From the Guardian:

Growth in the production industries – which include mining and energy alongside the manufacturing sector – fell by 0.8% as the warm weather reduced demand for heating. Maintenance work at the Sullom Voe oil terminal on Shetland in May also cut energy production.

Maybe the fact that a terminal was shut stopped and meant that energy supply was off by -2.5% would be a material impact. You’d have to be clutching at straws to be worried out the temporary closure of an oil terminal for maintenance to support your argument. Yes, of course it’s output, but it’s not as if it’s companies not having work. All other sectors on the Guardian graph were positive.

And as for construction, it’s widely recognised as being a volatile indicator. I’d treat one quarters figures with caution (unless of course, someone wants to use it to make a political point, but that would never happen)!!!!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I can’t be arsed. But everything is in this thread; go look for yourself. The general gist, like many Remainers suggested, is that overall cost of living will go up; it has. Inflation will rise, it has. Mortgages will increase, they have. House prices will fall, they have https://www.theguardian.com/busines...cord-biggest-month-on-month-fall-in-six-years. The economy will tank, it has. You might use employment as a measure but you are (probably deliberately) ignoring the bigger picture; the economy is, overall, weaker and less productive than before the referendum https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9 . I never said anything about a recession, but if you want to bring this into the mix British manufacturing is now in recession.

My house price hasn’t gone down,it’s gone up by 45k since June 16.
I’m laughing Me tits off and We are on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larus

House prices will fall eh!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-house-price-index-for-may-2018

So more make believe stuff from some guy who lives in Germany and enjoys trying to slag off the UK.

Acutally, I really wish there would be a house price drop. Only an idiot can possibly think that house prices continually going up above the rate of inflation/wages is good for the economy. The same idiots would probably think that a house price fall (and hence being more affordable for younger people) is a bad thing.

Some odd people about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wasn't talking about snap elections. I hope that helps.

You were, and since you offer no alternative explanation you simply don’t know you were.
You found that EU mechanism yet? You remember, the one you were looking for, that would allow us to take back control of our EU borders whilst staying in the EU and place quotas and a system of entry permits on EU citizens next week if we want to.
You went a bit quiet on that

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
For the 3rd time, read again what I typed in #58118. Here’s a clue, look for the word similar. You will also do well to read Barniers comments from yesterday.

Try and keep up.

That word doesn’t appear in your post, you continue to push the Norway model The Norway model is dead, variations of it are dead too, ( see Barniers colouring in again)……..keep up- you are out of date

5a394c31160000783ecf2154.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That word doesn’t appear in your post, you continue to push the Norway model The Norway model is dead, variations of it are dead too, ( see Barniers colouring in again)……..keep up- you are out of date

View attachment 100283

Here’s my post.

What is it I should accept though? If I listen to May it’s one thing. JRM it’s another. What are they planning?

As an aside, Norway isn’t in the EU and I will happily accept something like their arrangement. This will be the best outcome and actually better than the current situation. Do we agree?

Ah yes, I see. I didn’t use the word similar, I wrote “something like” ; it amounts to the same thing though ie I was not advocating an exact same Norwegian model...but something similar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the figures on the Trading Economics site say otherwise. These are official published figures which it consolidates for all countries, I don’t believe they are wrong. !

Given TheGuardian, The Telegraph and Bloomberg, all reporting ONS figures, versus some internet based blog no one has heard of and is difficult to find out anything about I know which I’d believe. And the way you just brush off and ignore the housing recession is incredibly blasé, not to mention grossly insensitive to those in the sector.

Trawling the farther reaches of the World Wide Web to find anything, something, to back up your ludicrous ideas and attempt to debunk others is reminiscent of [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION], who is banned from this thread. For a minute I did wonder if this was his second account, but given you do not display the same tedious working class “roofers son from Molscoombe” chip I guess not.

Have a nice “cushty” day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here