Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, your sense of humour again eh......or just a nasty sly comment against a poster you disagree with.

Stop trying to stir up shit out of nothing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I never had you down as a foil-hatter. I don't know how these extra voters will vote anymore than you. But, what I do know, is the vote will carry more weight with more voters.

Come along now HT we both know people who haven't registered to vote are more likely to come from certain sections of the community. One main section being younger voters who are far more likely to vote remain according to all polling evidence.

I agree the bigger the mandate the better it is for democracy , i'm just questioning the motives.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This doesn't even make sense.

One of the main arguments from the leavers is that the EU is undemocratic, Britain should be in control of it's future etc. Complaining about more people voting in this referendum is hypocritical and seriously undermines a core message of your campaign.

Once again because it isn't sinking in. It was pass the well publicised deadline. They left it too late. Tough. Get it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come along now HT we both know people who haven't registered to vote are more likely to come from certain sections of the community. One main section being younger voters who are far more likely to vote remain according to all polling evidence.

I agree the bigger the mandate the better it is for democracy , i'm just questioning the motives.

Come along now JC. I, of all people, know how much weight we can, and cannot, give to polling evidence.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Where is he hiding by the way?

Lloyd Russell-Moyle, the new chair of Brighton, Hove and District Labour said: “I was delighted to lead Labour members in welcoming Jeremy to Brighton again, this time as part of his national tour to support UK membership of the EU against a backdrop of the right wing who want us to leave and undermine workers’ rights and other EU protections.

“The fact that Jeremy is at the PCS conference for the first time shows the relevance of the Labour leader to many union members. In the coming days and weeks other shadow cabinet ministers will be joining us in Brighton and Hove to put the case for remaining in the EU.”

Addressing the union conference in Brighton on Tuesday, Mr Corbyn said: “We can either go on a race to the bottom on jobs, pay and workplace rights or we can go in a different direction – an approach based on full employment, a highly skilled workforce, with decent pay, rights for the employed and self-employed and a voice at work through collective bargaining. We intend to break the low pay, low investment, low productivity record of Tory Britain.”

Mr Corbyn’s next stop was Hastings, for part of his Vote Remain tour, to put forward the Labour party’s case for Britain to remain in the European Union (EU), ahead of the referendum on June 23.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once again because it isn't sinking in. It was pass the well publicised deadline. They left it too late. Tough. Get it?

But they didn't.....this is the whole point. They logged on in time and the computer system failed them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Stop trying to stir up shit out of nothing.

Well stop shoving in nasty comments, you made the comment in response to a comment aimed at the Rivet which was " Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
You can't go through your whole life fearing women. Try to understand them, you might find happiness somewhere beyond your net curtains"

Your response ".and which you don't have to pay for."

You think you are so clever, nasty really.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If I had to choose one explanation it will be the mittelstand, the 100s of thousands of small to medium sized private/family owned businesses which dominate their economy and cover numerous sectors although are primarily manufacturing. They typically use local skilled labour, pay well and look after their staff. They are small and flexible so can change when the need arises eg the German company which manufactured the steel cables holding up the Olympic Stadium in Stratford was a former rope business. They are not as profit driven or faceless as the huge corporations which dominate the UK economy, consequently they pay and look after their staff and often take pride in, and contribute financially to, the local area, as they don't have shareholders to worry about. They also pay their corporation tax. And having a bolus of people with a decent amount of money in their pockets is only a good thing for the economy. When they spend, as the economy is dominated by the Mittelstand, chances are some money will stay local or within Germant .....and the cycle begins again. It's not rocket science; it's simple old school manufacturing values.

Would they be so successful if German cars were not,what i am asking is does the success of German car manufacturing prop up the rest of the economy in some way that allows the rest to thrive......

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Lloyd Russell-Moyle, the new chair of Brighton, Hove and District Labour said: “I was delighted to lead Labour members in welcoming Jeremy to Brighton again, this time as part of his national tour to support UK membership of the EU against a backdrop of the right wing who want us to leave and undermine workers’ rights and other EU protections.

“The fact that Jeremy is at the PCS conference for the first time shows the relevance of the Labour leader to many union members. In the coming days and weeks other shadow cabinet ministers will be joining us in Brighton and Hove to put the case for remaining in the EU.”

Addressing the union conference in Brighton on Tuesday, Mr Corbyn said: “We can either go on a race to the bottom on jobs, pay and workplace rights or we can go in a different direction – an approach based on full employment, a highly skilled workforce, with decent pay, rights for the employed and self-employed and a voice at work through collective bargaining. We intend to break the low pay, low investment, low productivity record of Tory Britain.”

Mr Corbyn’s next stop was Hastings, for part of his Vote Remain tour, to put forward the Labour party’s case for Britain to remain in the European Union (EU), ahead of the referendum on June 23.

Must be imparting huge sensible argument then. After all so many are commenting and reporting it. Fantastic, labour on the rise. We all need good opposition whether they be hypocritical or not

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well stop shoving in nasty comments, you made the comment in response to a comment aimed at the Rivet which was " Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
You can't go through your whole life fearing women. Try to understand them, you might find happiness somewhere beyond your net curtains"

I'll let the poster decide if it was a "nasty, sly dig" or not. One thing I really dislike, and really don't understand in people, is this whole offended-by-proxy thing. It's cheap.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ha ha quite funny....oh I mean nasty.:shrug:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Must be imparting huge sensible argument then. After all so many are commenting and reporting it. Fantastic, labour on the rise. We all need good opposition whether they be hypocritical or not

Yes I agree, I don't vote Labour, but I am glad they have a principled leader for a change and you now know where he is hiding,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here