Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Magaluf?You're having a laugh.That was my third trip so far this year.The only folk I know that fly that many times a week are the aircrew,and the British Ambassador to the EU.And he won't need to fly back to Brussels after we leave!:lolol:

It doesn’t surprise me at all that you do not know, or mix with, any frequent flyers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah. For your type, the one holiday to Magaluf a year, no big deal. I feel sorry for the folks who fly three, four, five times a week. They are gonna have a mare.

Given the culture vulture he pretended he is...No doubt he was off to Italy for some opera? :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What must be even more sad for you is that, as bad as May is (and I think she’s crap and I usually vote Tory), as much of a mess Brexit is perceived to be due the the EU/HoL/Rebel MPs/etc., Labour did not have a great set of results.

Normally the government gets a bloody nose in the council elections, but the shower of sh1t that Labour are couldn’t even do that.

I think you have more problems as May will not be PM for the next election, but Corbyn will be. :lol;

Despite all the slander and negativity, the desperate media smears and anti Labour and anti Corbyn hype, the gap keeps narrowing.

10 lost years of stagnating or falling wages, too many people in minimum wage jobs/too many people working on zero hours contracts who are in poverty, too many food parcels given out. Public Service workers without any real wage rise for ten years because of austerity that they did not cause, thousands of schools protesting about loss of finances in the WorthLess campaign, too many young people saddled with a lifetime of debt from university education who will be unable to afford to buy a property and forced into a life of renting and never getting their foot on the property ladder.

I think that it will be your problem that May will not be PM for the next election, but Corbyn will be.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The vote said nothing about customs union and single market. Only a third of leavers thought this meant leaving the CU. in fact I wonder how many had even heard of it. People keep saying "respect democracy" but can't explain what Brexit actually means.
It was so bloody obvious we didn't think it was necessary to explain to remainers that it was fine by us. Admittedly, we may have over-rated remainers' perspicacity...........

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It was so bloody obvious we didn't think it was necessary to explain to remainers that it was fine by us. Admittedly, we may have over-rated remainers' perspicacity...........

I am confused. Polls taken shortly after the vote show that leavers did not think it meant leaving the customs union (mainly because prominent leavers said this I assume). In the post referendum world people now think they knew all along when the data shows they didn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Five Labour MPs in the NorthEast have seen the light,and decided to represent their constituents rather than toeing the party line.
Not a single job will be lost promised Corbyn! He lied.

D

Deleted member 22389

Despite all the slander and negativity, the desperate media smears and anti Labour and anti Corbyn hype, the gap keeps narrowing.

10 lost years of stagnating or falling wages, too many people in minimum wage jobs/too many people working on zero hours contracts who are in poverty, too many food parcels given out. Public Service workers without any real wage rise for ten years because of austerity that they did not cause, thousands of schools protesting about loss of finances in the WorthLess campaign, too many young people saddled with a lifetime of debt from university education who will be unable to afford to buy a property and forced into a life of renting and never getting their foot on the property ladder.

I think that it will be your problem that May will not be PM for the next election, but Corbyn will be.

And Labour would be in the same boat as the Tories, it is what it is out there. People understand the situation, they will not be fooled by the fake pot of gold Labour keep promising people. We have seen and heard it all before I'm afraid. This has nothing to do with Brexit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Why will it be his problem? If you and your type are to be believed, if Corbyn is PM it will be the second coming of Christ! A whole better world awaits!! I hope he gets in, I want to work less hours and have more free money, bring it on I say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why will it be his problem? If you and your type are to be believed, if Corbyn is PM it will be the second coming of Christ! A whole better world awaits!! I hope he gets in, I want to work less hours and have more free money, bring it on I say.

There's been plenty of opportunity to work less hours and have free money over the last 7 years.

It's just that you weren't part of the group that has benefited from this :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Good point, well made. I wonder what the vast majority of professional economists think of Brexit.

Apparently the professionals do not think the same as your good self ???

Well, I am only an amateur who deals in facts and have a modicum of interest and intelligence on the matter. I have studied the EU and come to my own conclusions. It may differ from some of these so called professionals but then I don't have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth that the EU is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, I am only an amateur who deals in facts and have a modicum of interest and intelligence on the matter. I have studied the EU and come to my own conclusions. It may differ from some of these so called professionals but then I don't have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth that the EU is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I used to play amateur football on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings for years. Occasionally when I played against a retired professional, I realised how out of my depth I was :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And Labour would be in the same boat as the Tories, it is what it is out there. People understand the situation, they will not be fooled by the fake pot of gold Labour keep promising people. We have seen and heard it all before I'm afraid. This has nothing to do with Brexit.

See post #48116, you have stumbled on to my point, well done. Mrs May and her pushme pullyou Brexiteers and remainers are clinging on to that runaway mine truck a la Indiana Jones, everything is being raised except how to avoid the inevitable pancake at the end. Still no nearer ANY workable solutions to how to get out of Europe without commiting economic suicide. " But, The Labour party......"

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

When a number of eminent people commented adversely about Brexit you said that the people concerned were not experts in relevant fields - politics or economics presumably - so their views were unimportant. It was then pointed out to you that people who WERE experts in the relevant fields were also against Brexit, you implied that that was only because they had a 'vested interest'.

I'm sure you can understand that this looks inconsistent. More importantly can you tell us what vested interests all these professional economist have in bigging up the EU? Are they all employed by the EU? Or by Europhiles who sack any advisor who disagrees with them? By the BBC? By academic elites? What is your point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here