Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There really is no need to have a little stroppy woppy. Of course it is your business to read whenever you want, and post whenever and whatever you want. That is hardly the issue in question. Afterall this is what a forum is all about. But then don't tell others that is futile and pointless and tantamount to a bear pit, when you don't like what they write. Twice you have talked of the utter pointlessness of the thread, or how the thread has turned out and that it is not worth contributing towards, and then contribute yourself. Just be that shade more consistent with your thinking and then you won't make yourself look so silly.

'A little stroppywoppy'. And you think I make myself look silly.

You have, of course, thoroughly misinterpreted me, as I'm sure you are aware. I was clearly saying that I find it futile to argue in this thread, not telling others that they should think this way. I argue against Brexit in the real world, where I can see people's faces.

And your implication that I don't like the abuse because it somehow upsets my fragile confidence is also way off the mark. It's just so boring on this thread.

You're an odd one. Your cod psychology is quite pathetic really. But back you keep coming, "You said this, you said that, you look silly..."

Have a drink.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is important but even the Canada EU trade deal removed 99% of customs duties.

The Eu's own negotiating guidelines ..

The guidelines say the EU is ready to “initiate work towards a free trade agreement” involving zero tariffs on goods that would be concluded after Britain leaves.

Tusk said this was the only kind of arrangement possible given Britain’s demands, citing the EU’s deal with Canada – which excludes financial services – as a model.

But the EU still wants an “ambitious” deal, a senior EU official said, adding that it would cover goods and services “in all sectors.”

One key issue is ensuring a “level playing field” – finding a mechanism to prevent either side under-cutting the other economically by slashing regulation or giving state subsidies to businesses.

The Canadian deal took seven years to sort out. The UK has just 364 days left.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I expect you will be avoiding the national celebrations next March. Drowning your sorrows somewhere on the continent... apres ski style (or careering down a black run).

1416201251100905.JPG

harry-enfield-and-chums-s2-e-529a77f66327b-0.jpg

Decisions, decisions :)

Attachments

• vagendapub.jpeg
    vagendapub.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 93

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sounds great but Tusk also said this will be the only FTA in history where the terms are worse than the status quo. What about customs checks though? Are there not going to be any?

Well, he would say that as he views ever closer political union as a necessary price of our current FTA. The UK electorate disagrees. You're asking the wrong person. I don't possess a crystal ball and never claim to know what the future holds.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Canadian deal took seven years to sort out. The UK has just 364 days left.

There is a difference in agreeing on a brand new trade relationship and diverging from existing arrangements. Both the Eu and the Uk seem to think they can come to an agreement in a set timetable. Do you know better?

Jan 30, 2008
Well, he would say that as he views ever closer political union as a necessary price of our current FTA. The UK electorate disagrees. You're asking the wrong person. I don't possess a crystal ball and never claim to know what the future holds.
MORE SPECULATION FROM A GRIZZLER, that's the name of the game now # desperate
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
LOLs

May refuses to back Boris Johnson's claim there will be 'Brexit dividend'

Theresa May has given an interview to the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg, and the BBC have sent out a transcript. Here are the main points.

May said said leaving the EU would free up money that could be spent on the NHS but she refused to back Boris Johnson’s claim that there would be a “Brexit dividend”. Johnson, the foreign secretary and leading Vote Leave campaigner, repeated this claim just yesterday.

Boris Johnson

@BorisJohnson
Fantastic news about NHS funding - the fruits of a strong economy and a Tory government. Stand by for Brexit dividend !!
9:59 AM - Mar 28, 2018
1,179 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Asked about this, May said:

Of course, when we leave the European Union we’re no longer going to be sending spending vast sums of money, year in and year out, sending that money to European Union. So there will be money available here in the UK for us to spend our priorities , priorities like the NHS and schools.

But Kuenssberg asked three times if there would be a “Brexit dividend” and in her final question she asked specifically if May would used this phrase. May replied:

Look, there’s going to be money that, otherwise we would have been sending to the European Union that we’re going to be able to spend on priorities in the UK.

This is not just semantic trivia. The term “Brexit dividend” implies that there will be a net gain to the UK from leaving the EU. This is a key Brexiter claim, but one that is disputed by most mainstream economists (as far as they can make an assessment, which is only for the short and medium term). Leaving the EU will definitely free up money that otherwise would have been spent on EU contributions for services like the NHS, but economists say this will not compensate for the revenue lost from lower tax receipts resulting from lower growth. It sounded as if May was refusing to say there will be a “Brexit dividend” because she doesn’t believe it exists.

And yet it was enough to get BBC radio to trail the 6pm News with a reference to 'more money being available for the NHS following Brexit'. It's known as lies by association - you could just as easily, and just as accurately, claim that 'Deaths from flu will decline following Manchester City winning the Premier League. They will, but there's no connection between the two events. The liars running our country won the referendum using this technique and they ain't stopping now.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
... a 'bit thin' picking people up on spelling mistakes. Bigger issues at hand eg respecting democracy, the countdown to Independence Day.
Yes, you're right. As a lightly educated person myself I know how difficult some words can be. Apologies. I assumed for a moment that you actually knew how to spell the word but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here