Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Kick it as far as you like - there's no long grass left :lolol:

20 months gone, at some point you have to get something agreed. May's credibility is at stake home and abroad.

What next, go back on the divorce bill, EU Citizens rights?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
According to HMG looks like your (EU/Soubry interpretation of what was agreed in December) is woefully inaccurate/just parroting the EU line then ... quelle surprise :lolol:

The David Davis defence, it's not binding, it is binding, it's not binding and repeat etc etc :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, they are not threatening a hard border. The 39 hardline MPs are pressurising the government into a Hard Brexit which is threatening the Good Friday agreement.

Spot on. No doubt J Shit Tory Cheerboy will say 'Rubbish', though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The David Davis defence, it's not binding, it is binding, it's not binding and repeat etc etc :facepalm:

No doubt you'll be told that everything will be agreed in the end (or some other meaningless bollocks).

Tremendous to hear May blame the doctor shortage on Labour today, on the grounds that doctor training takes 8 years and labour were in power 8 years ago. That's a bit like blaming the destruction of my fruit crop this cold winter on the ******* that planted the trees 8 years ago. It may be comedy, but it is no longer funny.

Anyway the professional Brexit lobbyists are down to only 2 or 3 in number on NSC, with the utter clown that is JCFG the main carrier of their tattered and tear soaked flag. Of all the ludicrous causes to inspire hundreds of posts on a football forum, Brexit propagandism is one of the most shameful. Personally embarrassing. Unjustifiable unless you're being paid to do it (there's a thought...)....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Rubbish. The UK government is protecting the integrity of the UK (as they should) and following the wishes of the UK electorate (leave/take back control). The Irish government temporarily backed by the EU Commission are the problem.

I was going to say im surprised so many people on here support the EU draft and support damaging the constitutional integrity of their home nation, but then again these are the same people who have previously placed The European Union above their own country and watched gleefully as sovereign powers move away from Westminster and leech to Brussels. They didn’t give a toss in the past, why should they care now?

That bloke stuck in a lift will be along at some point to say us leavers are going "postal" and must be therefore worried.
Probably not sinking in to thinkers like that though, that this EU draft is a draft on Withdrawal and not a draft on "Brexit wont happen"

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was going to say im surprised so many people on here support the EU draft and support damaging the constitutional integrity of their home nation, but then again these are the same people who have previously placed The European Union above their own country and watched gleefully as sovereign powers move away from Westminster and leech to Brussels. They didn’t give a toss in the past, why should they care now?

That bloke stuck in a lift will be along at some point to say us leavers are going "postal" and must be therefore worried.
Probably not sinking in to thinkers like that though, that this EU draft is a draft on Withdrawal and not a draft on "Brexit wont happen"

Quite, perhaps they need a reminder of the basics, our country ...

1200px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Compared to...

383px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png

Attachments

• 383px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
    383px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
    8 KB · Views: 65

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

You see that's such an extreme assumption of others peoples political motivation.

I'm glad the attack dogs have have their day but when things settle down (like they always do) they'll will back in the mountains barking at the moon.

No-one will listen to their views any more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reality has caught up with the Tories today, since December they've been trying to forget what they agreed to on the Irish border

Now the meat is on the bones, its bed wetting all round, they need to decide what is more important. A hard Brexit or the Good Friday Agreement?

What a conundrum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The EU have made a suggestion, it satisfies their members, if it does not satisfy us, we have to come up with an alternative. For me, a border between NI and the rest of the UK is just another unwanted consequence of a very bad decision, but if it keeps the peace in NI, I would rather it was there than at the border with Eire.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
they need to decide what is more important. A hard Brexit or the Good Friday Agreement?

A so called "Hard" Brexit going by previous definitions on here is simply doing all the things that were voted for……ie Brexit.
So lets do both then, its not one or the other.
Or have the goal posts moved yet again and there is now a new version of your "hard" Brexit?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Italian elections Sunday. I expect Merkel is very worried with who looks likely to win.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Italian elections Sunday. I expect Merkel is very worried with who looks likely to win.

What is there to be worried about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here