Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you'll find that that is a significant majority of remainers, those who still cannot bring themselves to accept the fact that the referendum said 'Out'!

With this post you are claiming that ICM fixed the poll so that they only questioned people who voted Remain in the referendum. I'm sure there can be no evidence of that.

The other possibility, of course, is that a majority actually do want a second referendum, as unfortunate as that finding will be to some people. It is an interesting subject, because I see the perceived views of the public heavily influencing the future actions of opposition parties and Tory rebels.

larus

Calm down Dorothy. See, this is why there is no point in a second referen-dumb because current leave voters are either to stupid to realise their mistake or too stubborn to admit to it. No, the only answer is to reverse the first decision. You people need protecting from your own stupidity.

Aww diddums. You really are a sad loser aren’t you.

You LOST. We’re leaving. And life will be great outside of the EU. There may be a period of adjustment, but short term and well worth it.

The EU is a protectionist club and slowly growing, old economies with too much entitlement culture.

larus

With this post you are claiming that ICM fixed the poll so that they only questioned people who voted Remain in the referendum. I'm sure there can be no evidence of that.

The other possibility, of course, is that a majority actually do want a second referendum, as unfortunate as that finding will be to some people. It is an interesting subject, because I see the perceived views of the public heavily influencing the future actions of opposition parties and Tory rebels.

How accurate are polls - their recent track record has been poor, but you seem to want to pin your argument on a poll as it suits your opinion. If we’d believed the polls, the vote would have been remain.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Aww diddums. You really are a sad loser aren’t you.

You LOST. We’re leaving. And life will be great outside of the EU. There may be a period of adjustment, but short term and well worth it.

The EU is a protectionist club and slowly growing, old economies with too much entitlement culture.

It's not clever to gloat while there is still so much at stake and so much to be decided.
The future is one of unity and co-operation not polarity and isolationism. You have voted against progress and there is nothing short term about that. The negative ramifications of the referendum result will be felt for generations to come.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, I never realised that (sarcasm in case it’s too subtle for you).

Why then, did you post this very clear and unambiguous sentence less than an hour ago?

As the BOE only has responsibility over the setting of interest rates

I notice you are lashing out calling other posters dumb-****s and retards. Maybe in your angry haste this morning you’ve become a little forgetful?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You’re the dumb f*ck who was on about a recession. You’re too thick to even realise you’re thick.

You’re coming across as very angry and bitter. What has happened to you this morning? Anything we can do to help?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'm not 'claiming ' anything about any polls, ICM (whoever they are) or anybody else.

I do, however, see a lot of remainers - one might even justifiably call them desperate remainers - many of whom are in the hallowed enclaves of Westminster, who would love to welch on the deal.

larus

Why then, did you post this very clear and unambiguous sentence less than an hour ago?

I notice you are lashing out calling other posters dumb-****s and retards. Maybe in your angry haste this morning you’ve become a little forgetful?

I didn’t realise that issuing bank notes or overseeing the regulation of banks had such a direct impact on the growth in the economy. As for the great work done by the BOE since the recession, they have overseen huge asset bubbles, such as in property, which clearly aren’t great for the stability of the economy.

The interest rates statement was in relation to it’s direct impact on the economy; i.e. as one of the levers of fiscal/monetary policy. Maybe I wasn’t aware that things needed to explained in such low level but I do apologise if it caused you confusion. After all, you seem to think that 4 months of negotiations some how represent ‘Strong & Stable”, so I can understand why you struggled.

larus

You’re coming across as very angry and bitter. What has happened to you this morning? Anything we can do to help?

If you’d care to read the interchange between myself and The Clamp (aka Nibble), then you’d see he called me thick before I explained clearly his lack of understanding.

But thank you for you false concern. Life, as it happens, is (in the immortal words of Del-Boy) Cushty.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you’d care to read the interchange between myself and The Clamp (aka Nibble), then you’d see he called me thick before I explained clearly his lack of understanding.

But thank you for you false concern. Life, as it happens, is (in the immortal words of Del-Boy) Cushty.

I don't know what would be funnier, having people think I'm not Nibble for over a year or people incorrectly thinking I am Nibble for over a year. I'll tell you one thing though, there's only three or four users that do it, they are all as thick as hippo shit, all Leave voters and all viewed on here as angry little attention seekers and all accuse me of being Nibble when they have run out of any possible argument. Welcome to their etseemed ranks, you'll fit right in. :bigwave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s not so much the name calling, more the key-hammering anger your posts seem to display. It’s Saturday and it’s not even noon yet; calm down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clearly hungover.

Agree. My suggestion to him is to put his head on a pillow for a few hours; he’ll feel a lot better for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree. My suggestion to him is to put his head on a pillow for a few hours; he’ll feel a lot better for it.

We all get a little ratty the morning after, when he gets used to booze a bit more he'll realise it's best to recognise the hangover leariness and chill with tea and things that don't get your blood up. Bless. I think things done and said when hungover are regretted more than when drunk.

larus

It’s not so much the name calling, more the key-hammering anger your posts seem to display. It’s Saturday and it’s not even noon yet; calm down.

I'm very calm, but your concerns are appreciated. Maybe you'd like to apply the same reasoning to your puppy :lol:.

I've also noticed the lack of answers to any questions - just pathetic quips. Carry on if it makes you happy. I can imagine you sniggering away like a little boy as you write something which amuses your tiny mind whilst everyone else rolls their eyes at you.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Only against the Dollar, still it must be great cheer for all those still falling behind due to the gap between wage rises and inflation, the increasing number of homeless, those having to use Food Banks and all those victims of crime that the police don't have the manpower to help. So, the Dollar almost back to pre-referendum levels and Blue passports ... break open the bubbly.

Appeal to emotion, well done.

In the past month the pound is up about 1.5% against most currencies, almost all the 9% against the USD is down to its weakness.

Could do better 3/10

Ah, the usual good economic data = irrelevant/outside factors, bad data = hugely significant/Brexit's fault line. Well, obviously the pound's strength against the dollar and other currencies is no longer relevant as it rather undermines the tired we are doomed narrative you have been pedalling. Just like the FTSE 100 fall immediately after the referendum was followed by 'we told you so' then deemed no longer a factor when it went from strength to strength. Same with the FTSE 250.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm very calm, but your concerns are appreciated. Maybe you'd like to apply the same reasoning to your puppy :lol:.

I've also noticed the lack of answers to any questions - just pathetic quips. Carry on if it makes you happy. I can imagine you sniggering away like a little boy as you write something which amuses your tiny mind whilst everyone else rolls their eyes at you.

Honestly mate, probably best to take the advice of a couple of more experienced chaps. We've given you an excuse for your angry behaviour, a hangover. Best to take that rather than have everyone think you are just a naturally angry little keyboard warrior. Go and get your nut down in front of the telly for an hour. Where is T4 when you need it eh! Have a good day.

larus

We believe you :lolol:

We all get a little ratty the morning after, when he gets used to booze a bit more he'll realise it's best to recognise the hangover leariness and chill with tea and things that don't get your blood up. Bless. I think things done and said when hungover are regretted more than when drunk.

"Oh darling. We are so funny and amusing aren't we. At least we make each other laugh with our comments. We're the bestest online friends ever."

I'm trying to work out if you 2 are saddos or weirdos :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here