Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strange how all those blathering on about the 'collapse' of our currency now have nothing to say as the pound nears the pre-referendum level :rolleyes:

Only against the Dollar, still it must be great cheer for all those still falling behind due to the gap between wage rises and inflation, the increasing number of homeless, those having to use Food Banks and all those victims of crime that the police don't have the manpower to help. So, the Dollar almost back to pre-referendum levels and Blue passports ... break open the bubbly.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You do know that we are currently in the EU and currently adhere to EU standards, do you :facepalm:

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on this thread, I'll be back when the democratically elected Tory Government announce that they want a referendum on their hard negotiated Brexit terms because they aren't going to take responsibility for it themselves :wave:

???

It is ridiculous that he manages to get these senior positions despite his incompetence whilst true economic geniuses such as yourself are reduced to trolling football forums ???

Can you post a link to the referendum announcement? :p

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Over the years I have had dealings with a number of senior politicians and have yet to come across a front bencher who is stupid or incompetent. There's always reasons behind them doing what they do.

I can think of other words to describe them, but stupid MPs (of which there are a number from all sides) don't make the front benches.

(If you find a post of mine to the contrary, I was drunk!)

potkettledi.jpg

No stupid politician on the front benches?:lolol::shrug::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::laugh::lol::lolol::facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's very noticeable on this thread the following from the remainers :

Positive news = ah, it's outside influences, nothing to do with the UK doing well. Besides it would have been even better without Brexit.
Negative news = that's because all you little Englanders voted Leave and you were too stupid to realise what would happen
Some commentator / politician says something hinting at a 'soft Brexit/ not leaving = oh see, we keep telling you Brexit won't happen
Some commentator / politician states we're leaving the customs union etc = that's not what was voted for and besides said commentator is a liar and incompetent

And then let's not forget the sickly backslapping between The Clamp, HT, Nico and Man of Sussex whenever they get a glimmer that Brexit won't happen. Oh I wish I could a be fly on the wall when it does.

And if in doubt just call them evil Tory *****.

As opposed to immediately posting up links from Guido Fawkes blog site or The Daily Telegraph etc to any positive news whatsoever to justify their Brexit vote, the back slapping between Titanic, JCFG et al, calling The Lib Dems loons, calling Labour Marxist, Terrorist sympathising loons, despite obviously not being stuck in a time warp and wanting to go back 40 years had nothing to do with voting for Brexit - honest and focusing on their Brexit differences whilst ignoring and spinning off those in cabinet, post some more links up from Guido Fakes just in case and if in doubt just post a picture of Diane Abbott up, because it's Diane Abbott - actually Diane Abbott!? etc, etc?

Swings and roundabouts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As opposed to immediately posting up links from Guido Fawkes blog site or The Daily Telegraph etc to any positive news whatsoever to justify their Brexit vote, the back slapping between Titanic, JCFG et al, calling The Lib Dems loons, calling Labour Marxist, Terrorist sympathising loons, despite obviously not being stuck in a time warp and wanting to go back 40 years had nothing to do with voting for Brexit - honest and focusing on their Brexit differences whilst ignoring and spinning off those in cabinet, post some more links up from Guido Fakes just in case and if in doubt just post a picture of Diane Abbott up, because it's Diane Abbott - actually Diane Abbott!? etc, etc?

Swings and roundabouts.

I guess you could also have said that...

It's very noticeable on this thread the following from the leave camp:

Positive news = see we told you Brexit was going to be a success, this is the nth largest economy in the world, of course everyone wants to trade with us.
Negative news = that's because all you people that want to remain in the EU are doing our country down - you're unpatriotic and ruining England.
Some commentator / politician says something hinting at a 'soft Brexit/ not leaving = it's a disgrace. Every single person in this country voted to leave and we MUST leave. It's not like it was nearly a 50/50 vote split or anything like that.
Some commentator / politician states we're leaving the customs union etc = hard Brexit is the best way. These bloody remain snowflakes, they need to go and live in some other country if they don't like it

larus

All 17 UKIP councillors in Thurrock have left the party, and formed their own ; deserting the sinking ship springs to mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-42830757

UKIP is irrelevant now - it’s raison d'être was to get the UK to leave the EU. I never voted for UKIP as I was not able to vote in the election where they got 14 odd percent of the vote. If I had voted, I would have voted for them. Not to get them into power, but to send a message to the establishment that I was anti the EU. We’ve had years of being told that “it’s in the manifesto’ as if that is some form of justification, and this has been used as a way to justify on-going membership of the EU as the political parties were both in favour.

Then UKIP comes along and (much to the abhorrence of many left-wing luvvies) Nigel Farage struck a chord with huge numbers of people in the land and made the impossible happen by getting a major party to commit to a referendum. I never thought leave would win, but I would have lived in hope that the EU would eventually implode due to a crisis caused by the EURO (which i still think will happen eventually anyway).

So, despite all of the snide remarks regarding racism and thick UKIP/Leave voters, UKIP have succeeded. Their job is done IMO, and they are an irrelevance now. Within 2-3 years (max) after the next round of local elections they will cease to exist.

Many won’t mourn their demise (and that includes me). They are a cowboy party of people who have no idea about politics really but what they have achieved will live long in peoples memories, whether you support or despair at the outcome.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Mark Carney who single-handedly saved the country from economic meltdown with his astute handling of post referendum Britain. He also saved Canada from the global recession ten years ago. Lucky to have him.

Did he save us by continuously getting predictions wrong? Masterful

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But are you sure 'the job is done"? It would take a perfect storm to stop it but the arguments about the sort of Brexit, or even what Brexit actually means, rage on. Hammond says one thing, Boris says another. The Conservative Party is at each other's throats; the Labour Party seems to be drifting in a Norwegian direction. For enthusiasts, the milder forms of Brexit aren't Brexit at all. One of the most frequent posters on this thread maintains that 80 per cent of the people who voted in the last election were demanding a Brexit variant that large numbers of MPs - a majority across the House perhaps - seem not to want.

On the face of it you'd expect UKIP's claim to be the guide dogs (or even guard dogs) of pure Brexit to find a huge and clamouring response. But it clearly doesn't. The one party promising to fight for the sort of Brexit the ultras always demanded seems to be fading away before the task is done - before, even, anyone can be absolutely totally certain that the task will be achieved at all.

It is all most odd. It's almost as though June 2016 was the high point of protest. People stuck their fingers in the air and that was that. The Brexit voters made their gesture and now they're a bit bored with the whole thing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I bet she wishes she was trolling football forums rather than being shadow home secretary.

If only she could reach the levels of Influence you have :lolol::lolol::lolol:

You seem to be the biggest troll on NSC,so perhaps you could advise her.You seem to think you are an expert on everything.:lolol:
Perhaps she is glad not to reach the levels of influence you seem to be under.:lolol::lolol::lolol:
Could she come to you for advice on police salaries?On no,you only got GCE's in Art and Computing,didn't you Rodders?
Time for you to go out again?:bigwave::lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem to be the biggest troll on NSC,so perhaps you could advise her.You seem to think you are an expert on everything.:lolol:
Perhaps she is glad not to reach the levels of influence you seem to be under.:lolol::lolol::lolol:
Could she come to you for advice on police salaries?On no,you only got GCE's in Art and Computing,didn't you Rodders?
Time for you to go out again?:bigwave::lolol:

I may (or may not be) all those things you accuse me of. We will never know.

However, the one thing we both know is that the person you accuse of being a 'stupid politician' has outperformed you at every stage of your respective 'careers'. And this is coming from someone who is anything but a fan of her :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Strange how all those blathering on about the 'collapse' of our currency now have nothing to say as the pound nears the pre-referendum level :rolleyes:

In the past month the pound is up about 1.5% against most currencies, almost all the 9% against the USD is down to its weakness.

Could do better 3/10

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I may (or may not be) all those things you accuse me of. We will never know.

However, the one thing we both know is that the person you accuse of being a 'stupid politician' has outperformed you at every stage of your respective 'careers'. And this is coming from someone who is anything but a fan of her :lolol:

You said that stupid politicians don't make the front benches,which is why I mentioned a stupid politician who had made the front bench ???.So come on then genius,with all your deep personal knowledge of politicians you have boasted about,how did she get such a top job?Or is it just non-Labour politicians that are stupid?:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But are you sure 'the job is done"? It would take a perfect storm to stop it but the arguments about the sort of Brexit, or even what Brexit actually means, rage on. Hammond says one thing, Boris says another. The Conservative Party is at each other's throats; the Labour Party seems to be drifting in a Norwegian direction. For enthusiasts, the milder forms of Brexit aren't Brexit at all. One of the most frequent posters on this thread maintains that 80 per cent of the people who voted in the last election were demanding a Brexit variant that large numbers of MPs - a majority across the House perhaps - seem not to want.

On the face of it you'd expect UKIP's claim to be the guide dogs (or even guard dogs) of pure Brexit to find a huge and clamouring response. But it clearly doesn't. The one party promising to fight for the sort of Brexit the ultras always demanded seems to be fading away before the task is done - before, even, anyone can be absolutely totally certain that the task will be achieved at all.

It is all most odd. It's almost as though June 2016 was the high point of protest. People stuck their fingers in the air and that was that. The Brexit voters made their gesture and now they're a bit bored with the whole thing.

The Tories can't hold the faux cease fire for much longer, civil war could resume at any time . Are Labour just as divided? Personally I'm start to think not, are biding their time, its not if they change tack its when.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here