Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

You and others pick out "immediate" recession as a way to write off remainers concerns. Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.

This falsely attributing predictions seems to be a growing trend. I had [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] suggesting all manner of things earlier. Now it’s your turn with a different poster. Odd.

I'm glad I made myself clear. Experts are predicting a recession.That was my simple, succinct point.
It's a shame you are not mature enough to partake in an adult debate. The tired Nibble accusation and the whipped dog comment mark you out as someone simply not capable of debate with the likes of me. You're out of your league. Please do continue and prove me correct.

Oh dear. Which experts are predicting a recession? As my chart earlier clearly shows, no one is predicting a recession. Maybe they are your imaginary friends who are predicting this imaginary recession. Please post links from respected bodies which show their predictions as I can’t find any. Not one. Zilch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh dear. Which experts are predicting a recession? As my chart earlier clearly shows, no one is predicting a recession. Maybe they are your imaginary friends who are predicting this imaginary recession. Please post links from respected bodies which show their predictions as I can’t find any. Not one. Zilch.

Straw man argument.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

There are plenty. Your tone and the fact you claim to find zilch makes me realise you are out to argue and point score not debate and learn. I shall respectfully withdraw from "debate" with you as you are incapable and not up to the task.
TB
TC

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
23-jan-GBP-USD.png

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/8362-gbp-to-eur-and-usd-roars-higher

:D

larus

There are plenty. Your tone and the fact you claim to find zilch makes me realise you are out to argue and point score not debate and learn. I shall respectfully withdraw from "debate" with you as you are incapable and not up to the task.
TB
TC

I can see nothing in your posts which would suggest I have anything to learn from you.

You have stated ‘experts’ are predicting a recession (and, according to you, these experts have admitted that they were wrong in their last predictions of a recession), but we should believe them now.

I posted a chart showing predictions of growth, not declining growth nor a recession, which you cannot discredit not can you provide any supporting evidence to back your claims.

Yet, for some reason, in your simple world, I am in able to debate and learn. You really do come across as a loud mouth person, who actually knows very little. But, I am very willing to read anything which you can provide which counters my chart on growth predictions.

I will wait patiently....

larus

You can't make any economic arguments for or against brexit. It is a chaotic system and we don't know the inputs enough. You can, however, give arguments against it on moral grounds...unless you have none.

So, according to your argument, all of the forecasts from the Reamin side must be lies then.

I happen to agree with you. For example, the pound was accepted to be overvalued before the referendum, and this gave traders the excuse to ‘look and sell’. Since then, it’s stabilised and is now increasing in value again.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Straw man argument.

TB
TC

So when a leaver makes a claim you expect links and evidence .... when you make a claim no evidence required ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You and others pick out "immediate" recession as a way to write off remainers concerns. Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.

So I will ask again, who are these financial experts that are saying and have agreed a recession is undeniably happening, I will even allow any that are actually forecasting it, its a simple question and you can get the help of [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] or any other poster if you wish ??

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How much further down the line? It's likely the negotiations will come down to the wire with the most difficult issues left to last(as per usual) and the trade talks could carry on into the transition period. In all probability any considered, informed judgement about the implications would only be possible after we had officially left. Which rather undermines your underlying reason for wanting a second go.

They will be disappointed that Labour opposes a second referendum then.

The further down the line we are the more information will be available. The facts needed for an informed judgement will gradually increase. I agree with you though that the timing will be tight and my own prediction is that the Brexiteers will succeed their aim of getting out before voters have a chance to pass further judgement. (The EU could I suppose upset that applecart by pledging to allow the UK to reverse its departure at any time up to the end of the transition period but that's another story.)

You are right too in saying that my underlying reason for wanting a second vote is that people might, in different circumstances, make a different choice. But it is not the only reason. If there was a second referendum and the people, armed with far more information, voted again to come out then it would at least help to clear the air. It would also be an exercise in good democracy in its own right.

Incidentally, I like your implication that any "considered, informed judgement... would only be possible" once the negotiations were concluded. That's my point really.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You are right too in saying that my underlying reason for wanting a second vote is that people might, in different circumstances, make a different choice. But it is not the only reason. If there was a second referendum and the people, armed with far more information, voted again to come out then it would at least help to clear the air. It would also be an exercise in good democracy in its own right.

It would be the same arguments based on predicted outcomes of any agreed negotiation the consequence of which we still wouldn't know for sure, it would be just more claim and counter claim from Remainers and Brexiteers, you like many just cannot bring yourself to accept the result and you just yearn for the UK to remain within the EU, it's your political default position, it's not democracy you care about it's you wanting to impose your own beliefs on those of us that don't agree with you.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No I didn't. I said some people have said its happening. You've actually quoted that above! Very different from me saying there is a recession. Get a clue you nitwit..

So who and why would you quote an unknown source if you didnt believe it too and if you had the faintest knowledge of what technically defines a recession you surely wouldn't mention it either as it is irrefutably not true, that's a bizarre post even for you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ford considering closing two of their UK factories.

Shanks said that Brexit had already cost Ford about $60 million in the second quarter with the cost for the year to run to $200 million. Each year until Britain leaves the EU would cost it $400 million to $500 million, the company said.

Almost a third of Ford's European sales are in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ies-in-leave-towns-after-brexit-a7162561.html

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can you recommend a car from a British company for me? I’m looking for a five door family model.

Why British?There are plenty of car manufacturers who are honest about the amount of damage they do to the environment,rather than faking figures.Oh,you lot like most fake figures,don't you.:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You can't make any economic arguments for or against brexit. It is a chaotic system and we don't know the inputs enough. You can, however, give arguments against it on moral grounds...unless you have none.

We give arguments for it on moral grounds-getting away from the EU racist borders.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Shanks said that Brexit had already cost Ford about $60 million in the second quarter with the cost for the year to run to $200 million. Each year until Britain leaves the EU would cost it $400 million to $500 million, the company said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ies-in-leave-towns-after-brexit-a7162561.html

Wasn't this done to death last year,when the news came out?Jaguar Land Rover making their own engines now in Wolverhampton,so Ford contract finished.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Thanks for the post referendum scare story dated Friday 29 July 2016, perhaps you might like to update us if these have closed yet ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here