Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42633502

UK manufacturing output is expanding at its fastest rate since early 2008 after recording a seventh consecutive month of growth in November.

Renewable energy projects, boats, aeroplanes and cars for export helped make output 3.9% higher in the three months to November than in 2016.

Official figures also show industrial output rose by 0.4% in November.

#despiteBrExit

Just hope our biggest export market which is currently booming is still available to us on the same tariff free terms after March 2019. Its keeping us clear of recession

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I Imagined you were probably too thick to understand that Americans can understand the concept of democracy, and here you are with your bigotry, quite a few of my yank family and chums voted for Hilary, yet still understood we made a monumental brilliant democratic choice to Leave. After all,not one of them would be willing to subject the USA to joining the political union we are leaving, the idea their supreme court would no longer be supreme made them howl with laughter, as did the concept of laws being made abroad without congress.
Foreigners eh......who understand democracy.........shame you dont get it

I know you and JC love dishing out the playground stuff but what's thick about pointing out that Brexit's most vocal friends in America are members of the Breitbart mob? The fact is that almost all the national leaders I've heard expressing an opinion, all the way from Australia to Zambia, have said they think it is not a good idea. Trump and Putin are uncommon exceptions. Read into that what you will. What do ordinary Americans feel? No idea. I imagine that very large numbers of them don't give a stuff. The more interested ones will have opinions one way or another. I am not going to generalise. That would be a mark of a bigot and few people spread bigotry around this board as unrelentingly as you. I'll leave your way clear.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the EU geniuses have finally admitted we make a financial contribution.Going to cost them a lot not giving Cameron anything.Just shows how arrogant and stupid they are!

wahwahwah.jpg

And here's one for the idiot with the omelette fetish :

thick031.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I Imagined you were probably too thick to understand that Americans can understand the concept of democracy, and here you are with your bigotry, quite a few of my yank family and chums voted for Hilary, yet still understood we made a monumental brilliant democratic choice to Leave. After all,not one of them would be willing to subject the USA to joining the political union we are leaving, the idea their supreme court would no longer be supreme made them howl with laughter, as did the concept of laws being made abroad without congress.
Foreigners eh......who understand democracy.........shame you dont get it

Which supreme court, the one in the State they live in? Or do you mean the Federal one?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
US have a overarching constitution and common legal system, federal system is built ground up by consensus. thats quite far removed from a top down, fudged conjoining of different legal systems with no founding constitution. this is probably the root of the problem.

Yes, we should have a full Federal US of E, good idea.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I see the EU geniuses have finally admitted we make a financial contribution.Going to cost them a lot not giving Cameron anything.Just shows how arrogant and stupid they are!

View attachment 92724

And here's one for the idiot with the omelette fetish :

View attachment 92725
France and Germany will need a miracle to keep the rest afloat and I hope the EU have many billions tucked away as they'll need them.
Just a shame gutless May caved in and offered 40/50 billion which wasn't necessary.

So wish we was leaving sooner :(

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The more I read this thread the more I think Brexiteers just don't get what happened last month when we agreed to move onto phase two.

May agreed that the Irish border will remain soft and what’s more accepted that this agreement will be binding. Yet politically, she’s reluctant to spell this out, and maybe face herself what has happened. In reality she has chosen to take Britain down a path that is more likely to end in a soft Brexit.

She’s pretending that the agreement she hopes for this year will be a detailed deal, and that the UK will leave the single market and customs union for good, while retaining all the advantages of both. Really? Meanwhile DD and even Hammond are playing this same game too. Off to Germany today trying to cherry-pick, face it the Germans have consistently said that is not on the table

May has survived until now by pretending that Brexit is one thing when in fact it is another. Fantasy and facts are on a collision course. Only a matter of time

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well that’s the plan isn’t it, glad we have voted to stay out of it and give that project a massive swerve.
The future is about Empire after all (apparently)

Federations are different, ask your American folks.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Federations are different, ask your American folks.

A federal United States Of Europe, a single sovereign entity(superstate).acting as one country
It’s a non from me.Far too many cooks spoiling the broth.
There is good reason it remains only a pipe dream of extremists.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The more I read this thread the more I think Brexiteers just don't get what happened last month when we agreed to move onto phase two.

May agreed that the Irish border will remain soft and what’s more accepted that this agreement will be binding. Yet politically, she’s reluctant to spell this out, and maybe face herself what has happened. In reality she has chosen to take Britain down a path that is more likely to end in a soft Brexit.

She’s pretending that the agreement she hopes for this year will be a detailed deal, and that the UK will leave the single market and customs union for good, while retaining all the advantages of both. Really? Meanwhile DD and even Hammond are playing this same game too. Off to Germany today trying to cherry-pick, face it the Germans have consistently said that is not on the table

May has survived until now by pretending that Brexit is one thing when in fact it is another. Fantasy and facts are on a collision course. Only a matter of time

I said many months ago financial services will be the crux of these negotiations. The UK needs these to be in any trade agreement as it runs a trade surplus. Germany, as the largest EU buyer of these services, has a lot of leverage, and imho will actually be better off if they’re not included. The UK is in a very weak position here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, we should have a full Federal US of E, good idea.

and it might be agreeable if properly structured (put a empowered parliament at the head) and presented to us openly. however the French and Dutch rejected the Treaty of Lisbon, a pathway to a having a European constitution, so its not as popular among europeans citizens as it is the leaders. it also demands acceptance of Euro and central taxation and fiscal policy, items other northern Europeans are not so keen on (because they'll be paying the bills).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

May agreed that the Irish border will remain soft and what’s more accepted that this agreement will be binding.

Umm it was always going to be a “soft” border, we told you it would be. Secretary of state for N.I. at the time Theresa Villiers said it would be,Boris told you as well before the referendum it would be.
Just because you believed the likes of Major and Blair scare stories when they trotted out hand in hand together and said leave would result in a hard border, or when you believed Osborne when he warned it could only result in a hard border,or Bertie Ahern or remainer Amber Rudd or the Irish commissioner who forecast a hard border and predicted “Dundalk becoming the new Calais”, or even May herself who predicted a hard border. ALL wrong.
You should have listened to Boris and leavers. You wouldn’t be so angry now your predictions havnt come true and leavers were correct.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I said many months ago financial services will be the crux of these negotiations. The UK needs these to be in any trade agreement as it runs a trade surplus. Germany, as the largest EU buyer of these services, has a lot of leverage, and imho will actually be better off if they’re not included. The UK is in a very weak position here.

A tariff free deal on goods is one thing and could be possible, but services are a different matter. Services is 80% of our economy and financial services are 12% of the tax take. More money for the NHS? I think not

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’d sign up for this.

Of course you would so would plenty of others, thankfully we have scuppered any notion of that happening to our great country.
Must have been heartbreaking for you, considering that’s what you want to sign up to, when Cameron came back from his super mega deal talks and said he had secured that we would never be a part of ever closer union, putting to bed any notion of us ever being part of any United states of Europe……..….oh wait, no you weren’t, you were joyous,you said he had secured a brilliant deal and we should all now vote to stay IN. So No “ever closer union” was brilliant, but you really want ever closer union.
And you don’t think people see through how much of a untrustworthy weasel you are and by extension the whole EU lying shit show you aspire to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course you would so would plenty of others, thankfully we have scuppered any notion of that happening to our great country.
Must have been heartbreaking for you, considering that’s what you want to sign up to, when Cameron came back from his super mega deal talks and said he had secured that we would never be a part of ever closer union, putting to bed any notion of us ever being part of any United states of Europe……..….oh wait, no you weren’t, you were joyous,you said he had secured a brilliant deal and we should all now vote to stay IN. So No “ever closer union” was brilliant, but you really want ever closer union.
And you don’t think people see through how much of a untrustworthy weasel you are and by extension the whole EU lying shit show you aspire to.

I did think Cameron secured a good deal....... for the UK. But unless you are exceptionally stupid you will know from the vast majority of my posts I’m very very pro-EU, there really isn’t anything to see through.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I did think Cameron secured a good deal....... for the UK. But unless you are exceptionally stupid you will know from the vast majority of my posts I’m very very pro-EU, there really isn’t anything to see through.

A good "supposed" deal in your view that apparently secured Britain being able to opt out from the EU's founding ambition to forge an "ever closer union" and further political integration whilst you actually want the exact opposite.
Weasel Off you weasel.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
May agreed that the Irish border will remain soft and what’s more accepted that this agreement will be binding.

Both sides have said the phase one agreement isn't binding and is subject to change during phase two ..... don't let reality get in the way of your propaganda lie though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I work in Financial services, for a large European bank (from Germany), and I previously worked for a large European Bank (Swiss). I know from discussions internally, and also with ex-colleagues at the Swiss Bank that both companies (and many others) are pressing ahead with Brexit projects to move large chunks of their business and roles associated with this to European Union locations; Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt being the main beneficiaries of our decision. IMHO, this could trim off a good 10-15% of the UK FS business at a stroke, and this is only the stuff they are OBLIGED to move (as it's Euro aligned business such as Euroclear, which MUST be in an EU country). I'd expect more cuts to be in the pipeline when the full impact is understood.

So, for me, for soooo many reasons, this is a foolish move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here