Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
it's a bit like musical chairs , there's only one winner :lolol:
regards
DR

The winners? Or Losers? Maybe the 1 in 24 swedish women, the youth of the south in the EU. The Germans with their 'refugees'. Maybe they are the winners. Or could it be those celebrating the protectionist trade agreements/restrictions. Maybe the landowners like Hestletine or even the french farmers. They THINK they are the winners in that political cesspit maybe? Hmm, different experiences for different folks. It's a rotten edifice, a crumbling one. Brexit will win and we will be gone.
By the way Barniers bollocks seem to have gone too.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No sh1t Sherlock..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ing-disadvantaging-legal-advice-a8149086.html

David Davis has privately suggested that EU preparations for a ‘no deal’ Brexit are “damaging” UK interests and spooking British businesses into moving abroad.

Davis is not the sharpest tool in the box, but perhaps sharper than the other leading political Brexiteers, or is it brexiteers :shrug:, which is presumably why our great PM trusted him with this most critical negotiation. Anyway, Barnier seems to be having fun

“We in the European Commission are surprised that the United Kingdom is surprised that we are preparing for a scenario announced by the UK government itself.”

:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Anyway, Barnier seems to be having fun
“We in the European Commission are surprised that the United Kingdom is surprised that we are preparing for a scenario announced by the UK government itself.”

:lolol:

Its a shame people like you cant read. It wasnt Barnier that said that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Best of luck to Phil and the Brexit Bulldog today

https://news.sky.com/story/philip-h...xit-charm-offensive-to-german-public-11201817

We're stopping our direct debit to the tennis club but would still like to play evenings, weekends and on sunny days

:D From the article...... Mr Hammond and Mr Davis wrote:....."When we leave the European Union, we will leave the customs union and single market"
Thats going to come as a huge shock to Hampster and Tubby who hadnt heard about this.

Thanks for posting

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:D From the article...... Mr Hammond and Mr Davis wrote:....."When we leave the European Union, we will leave the customs union and single market"
Thats going to come as a huge shock to Hampster and Tubby who hadnt heard about this.

Thanks for posting

Yawn yawn. Davis has buckled on pretty much everything so far, so when we tell him there’s no services to be included in the deal he’ll fall into line and accept the single market and customs union.

As I’ve said before in this thread, the UK runs a surplus on financial services.......and the EU knows this :wink:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yawn yawn. Davis has buckled on pretty much everything so far, so when we tell him there’s no services to be included in the deal he’ll fall into line and accept the single market and customs union.

As I’ve said before in this thread, the UK runs a surplus on financial services.......and the EU knows this :wink:

"when we tell him"
I guess you are not British after all

cheerio Haw Haw :bigwave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

When you say buckled you mean BOTH sides have compromised surely ? That is, after all, what negotiation is all about.

So despite a number of government ministers clearly stating we ARE leaving the EU, the customs union and the single market, and despite you and Hampster being unable to provide ANYONE of any authority saying we're not, you BOTH claim we're not ? Classic :lol:

Still awaiting Hamster's references to Labour saying their policy is not to leave the customs union or the single market as per his clear statement a few posts ago .... or could he be lying ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I suspect there may have been a smack of irony in HT’s words. Perhaps you missed it. Are you American?

Im not a yank no, i have loads of family who are though, and they all think we have made a brilliant decision. Contrary to moaner belief they look up to us as a shinning beacon of democracy and not a global joke as some moaners like to lie about

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Im not a yank no, i have loads of family who are though, and they all think we have made a brilliant decision. Contrary to moaner belief they look up to us as a shinning beacon of democracy and not a global joke as some moaners like to lie about
Great post! Really cheered me up! Beacon of Democracy! Ha ha.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Well yes, Trump and Bannon and the rest of the Breitbart lunatics certainly thought we were being a very shining beacon but they don't have to live with the consequences. Putin was pretty keen on it too. Foreigners eh?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here