Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Strong and stable-the Irish Deputy PM,Frances Fitzgerald has resigned.:facepalm::lolol:

Well, that actually does return some stability to the Irish Government, the quarrel was over whether she should go or not over what she knew and did not report. No quarrel to be had over that now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Seems 50 billion is the agreed payment.

Now everyone has agreed to 350 million was actually a about 100 million that leaves a nice easy sum. Ten years worth of payments to be made without any of the benefits.

There will be no exit bill though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seems 50 billion is the agreed payment.

the figures being put about are considerably lower than earlier on, though i see the pro-Europe media getting their spin on how high it is. we still dont know what the bill is for though, beyond outstanding membership for the current budget and pensions.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Desperate. We've fallen at the first. From May's "bloody difficult" September insistence of 20bn she's folded and handing over 55bn. Now she has unequivocally demonstrated she is a pushover, prepare to get rinsed on further talks and rinsed on any potential trade deals across the globe. Britain, although this will be denied by the fervent Brexiteers, got considerably weaker today. And not just the EU but the whole world is watching. Embarrassing and damaging. If we are to leave the EU we need far stronger leadership than this mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42161346

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Desperate. We've fallen at the first. From May's "bloody difficult" September insistence of 20bn she's folded and handing over 55bn.

do you not remember when the claims were for €100bn? here's some help from the Guardian. the €20bn was alway posture based on what would be owed to the end of the budget cycle. a European think tank said €60, while this FT article noted a net €55-75m. so, rather than "folding" it looks like an agreement at the lower end of EU expections. as with the last EU meeting in October, the output of the negotiations seems more productive that the rhetoric.

and that last FT article reminds how the calculation is including costs for things that apparently arent included in the EU budget but we have to pay out for anyway. we dont know just how much the true cost of the EU is, looks about 2-3x the offical amount.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
do you not remember when the claims were for €100bn? here's some help from the Guardian. the €20bn was alway posture based on what would be owed to the end of the budget cycle. a European think tank said €60, while this FT article noted a net €55-75m. so, rather than "folding" it looks like an agreement at the lower end of EU expections. as with the last EU meeting in October, the output of the negotiations seems more productive that the rhetoric.

and that last FT article reminds how the calculation is including costs for things that apparently arent included in the EU budget but we have to pay out for anyway. we dont know just how much the true cost of the EU is, looks about 2-3x the offical amount.

Dress it up how you like, it makes us look weak as ****. Thanks Theresa.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Serious question. Posters in here who are now justifying this price (which we don't know for sure and could still go up depending on transition) - how high would it need to go before you said "that is too much"

Ignore the fact that all the analysis showing that leaving will damage our economy I.e. It is not just the exit bill but also the lost money each year - how high would the exit bill have to go before you say stop?

Currently the figure covers the annual education budget, would it need to cover the MOD and DWP too?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Serious question. Posters in here who are now justifying this price (which we don't know for sure and could still go up depending on transition) - how high would it need to go before you said "that is too much"

Ignore the fact that all the analysis showing that leaving will damage our economy I.e. It is not just the exit bill but also the lost money each year - how high would the exit bill have to go before you say stop?

Currently the figure covers the annual education budget, would it need to cover the MOD and DWP too?

Fifty, fif-tee, 50, five zero, and any other way you can write it, BILLION now being agreed by the UK. What did the Leavers say? 'Never!, Over my dead body, Will never happen, We owe them nothing', ad infinitum, blah blah blah.........

Well done you stupid king idiots, you have screwed your country, its people, and together their future for your small minded 'look at me I am having a protest' vote.

:nono::annoyed::facepalm:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Dress it up how you like, it makes us look weak as ****. Thanks Theresa.

you call presenting some context and history as "dressing up"? seems you're very easily swayed by the daily output of the pro-EU media, today they say we're bowing to pressure to pay £55bn when the same papers said it would be twice that less than 6mths ago.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you call presenting some context and history as "dressing up"? seems you're very easily swayed by the daily output of the pro-EU media, today they say we're bowing to pressure to pay £55bn when the same papers said it would be twice that less than 6mths ago.

I refer you to WQW's post above yours. Says it better than I could.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well....

Capture.JPG

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

do you realise that we would have paid it anyway? we're being asked to pay for off budget projects and contribute to future projects already promised. how high would the cost of being in the EU need to be to sway you to want to leave?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Desperate. We've fallen at the first. From May's "bloody difficult" September insistence of 20bn she's folded and handing over 55bn. Now she has unequivocally demonstrated she is a pushover, prepare to get rinsed on further talks and rinsed on any potential trade deals across the globe. Britain, although this will be denied by the fervent Brexiteers, got considerably weaker today. And not just the EU but the whole world is watching. Embarrassing and damaging. If we are to leave the EU we need far stronger leadership than this mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42161346

GBP up to 1.34 on USD, market pricing in that things are moving onto the next stage of talks. Is anyone convinced this is going to happen?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You have got to laugh at the idiots on here getting excited about a theoretical number,that they are convinced is true,without a shred of evidence.Even funnier is that Morgan Stanley quote about Jezzer-Corbyn a greater danger to the economy than Brexit.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have got to laugh at the idiots on here getting excited about a theoretical number,that they are convinced is true,without a shred of evidence.Even funnier is that Morgan Stanley quote about Jezzer-Corbyn a greater danger to the economy than Brexit.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Believe me I'm far from excited.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's all part of a negotiation... nothing is agreed until everything agreed.

Everything else is froth and nonsense.

I agree. Most authorities on the subject agree it will be considerably higher than 50bn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here